metinspain

Random K3 Approvals

21 posts in this topic

Hafiz....send me your extra IMBRA RFE. Apparently the first 2 I sent back didn't find their way. I'll send the third one with bells and whistles and flashing lights so they don't miss it again

lol you have to book a ticket and self deliver, that is the only option left now. make sure you make a few copies of it before send it in.

well aside from the jokes i sent my rfe using express mail on jul 5th, but i got an email on july 17

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm convinced now that they must hate me :yes:

(Dear DHS - Please open the RFE reply I sent you. It has all the information you requested. Everything is very clear and concise. Just open it, you'll see. I really need to be with my husband again, but if you never even open my reply letter, my K-3 Visa request will never be processed, and I will die an excruciatingly slow and painful death. So please, please, please......I'm begging you to save my life and OPEN MY LETTER. With the utmost sincerity and shamelessness, Tracy)

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

oh man did you mark your envelope cause i didnt lol. maybe thats whats slowign thing down. like that english ey.

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I didn't mark anything on the envelope except the address that was listed in the RFE letter. I was just following the instructions.

I know some people marked "RFE REPLY" on the outside. I don't think that should have made any difference. I'm really beginning to believe they're lost.

As am I.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Same here. I have given up. I have a lot on my plate this weekend, but I'm going to cancel it on Monday. I feel like I'm wimping out, but with all of our CR1 paperwork already in...whats the point? I know I made a post about not cancelling but in all rationality, forgetting about it seems to be in the cards for me.

I'm curious why you want to cancel your K-3. I don't think it interferes with your CR-1 in any way? (Or is it more a matter of not wanting to assemble the supporting documentation?)

It's not because of laziness (even though I am guilty) I would do anything to have him here. It's just because with everything already processing at NVC then being forwarded to London, I doubt the K3 will be of any real consequence to us. Maybe if I cancel mine, they will process someone elses faster! I know he could get K3 then fly back for CR1 but.......if the interview dates run closely together, why waste the money on a flight when he could come in with the benefits of CR1? Of course, if I've screwed something up with the CR1 documentation, K3 could have benefits. Do you think I should wait a bit longer girl37?

I am confused why you would cancel your K3 know, why not wait until either the Cr1 or K3 gets to the Consulate and let the K3 end then if the Cr1 is first. But my other question is if you do the K3 why do you have to fly back to the UK for the CR1? Do you know most people get the K3 and file to have their interview at their local office for the greencard? I've been told this is better because if you have problems you, your lawyer and representatives and do more about it since the spouse is in the US on the K3 already. I know this process is long and frustrating but please don't do something foolish and show you down. My CR1 looked like it was moving faster than the K3, but in the end the K3 jumped ahead and got my husband here with me and we finished up the greencard here in the states.

Please do some more research and be careful in whatever decision you make.

Good Luck,

Paula

Same here. I have given up. I have a lot on my plate this weekend, but I'm going to cancel it on Monday. I feel like I'm wimping out, but with all of our CR1 paperwork already in...whats the point? I know I made a post about not cancelling but in all rationality, forgetting about it seems to be in the cards for me.

I'm curious why you want to cancel your K-3. I don't think it interferes with your CR-1 in any way? (Or is it more a matter of not wanting to assemble the supporting documentation?)

It's not because of laziness (even though I am guilty) I would do anything to have him here. It's just because with everything already processing at NVC then being forwarded to London, I doubt the K3 will be of any real consequence to us. Maybe if I cancel mine, they will process someone elses faster! I know he could get K3 then fly back for CR1 but.......if the interview dates run closely together, why waste the money on a flight when he could come in with the benefits of CR1? Of course, if I've screwed something up with the CR1 documentation, K3 could have benefits. Do you think I should wait a bit longer girl37?

I am confused why you would cancel your K3 know, why not wait until either the Cr1 or K3 gets to the Consulate and let the K3 end then if the Cr1 is first. But my other question is if you do the K3 why do you have to fly back to the UK for the CR1? Do you know most people get the K3 and file to have their interview at their local office for the greencard? I've been told this is better because if you have problems you, your lawyer and representatives and do more about it since the spouse is in the US on the K3 already. I know this process is long and frustrating but please don't do something foolish and show you down. My CR1 looked like it was moving faster than the K3, but in the end the K3 jumped ahead and got my husband here with me and we finished up the greencard here in the states.

Please do some more research and be careful in whatever decision you make.

Good Luck,

Paula

Many go back to do the CR-1 and enter again with the immigrant visa because if finances and situation permits it is much easier as AOS in the US can take up to a couple of years to complete depending on the local office. Plus one enters with the green card, SSN etc. Nothing to do until 90 days before the second anniversary of entry. AOS can be a pain in the butt. All you have to do is look in the AOS forum.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.