mattfromcanadaeh

Packet 3 Questions...

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay so some questions..

I have the letter from Montreal asking me for DS-230, DS-160, DS-156, DS156K, Confirmation Receipt of DS-160, and the checklist.

Do I send them the checklist AND all of the above forms? Or just the checklist?

Do I send in the evidence of support as DS-156K seems to want attached to it? What about the passport photos?

Does anyone have an interview time yet for Montreal? Is it really 4-6 months after they receive it?

I'm very confused by this letter they sent me...

Timeline

Okay so some questions..

I have the letter from Montreal asking me for DS-230, DS-160, DS-156, DS156K, Confirmation Receipt of DS-160, and the checklist.

Do I send them the checklist AND all of the above forms? Or just the checklist?

You send in the forms as well as the checklist.

Do I send in the evidence of support as DS-156K seems to want attached to it? What about the passport photos?

You carry the evidence of support as well as the passport photos with you at the interview.

Does anyone have an interview time yet for Montreal? Is it really 4-6 months after they receive it?

It seems they are working really hard to clear out the backlog but it would still be close to 3-4 months.

I'm very confused by this letter they sent me...

Timeline

So the line in the middle of DS-156K where it says I must attach:

Birth Certificate,

Police Certificates,

Evidence of Engagement

and

Evidence of Financial Support

Can be ignored? I can bring these things to the interview and not attach them with the checklist?

Timeline
So the line in the middle of DS-156K where it says I must attach:

Birth Certificate,

Police Certificates,

Evidence of Engagement

and

Evidence of Financial Support

Can be ignored? I can bring these things to the interview and not attach them with the checklist?

YES, you do not need to send any of those above mentioned items with the checklist, you will have to carry them with you at the time of your interview !

The only things which are supposed to be mailed are the mentioned forms along with the checklist !

And make sure, you create copies of these forms, and DS-160 has to be submitted online! The packet states instructions for that !

Let me know if you have any more question!!!

KnR aka slider100

Timeline
For the line on the checklist that says "medical exam" does that mean you've made the appointment already?

NO, just check the box and send the checklist ! Once you have an interview date set, you can get your medical examination done by one of the US panel of physicians. I did my medical on Jan 20th and I got my interview date on Jan 22nd for a March 30th interview!

KnR aka slider100

Timeline
NO, just check the box and send the checklist ! Once you have an interview date set, you can get your medical examination done by one of the US panel of physicians. I did my medical on Jan 20th and I got my interview date on Jan 22nd for a March 30th interview!

KnR aka slider100

I'm very confused by this... Does this mean your interview got moved up to January 22nd?

Timeline

Also I just found this on the VisaJourney page:

"• For return addresses in Quebec and Ontario, you may use a “Regional” Xpresspost mailer. All other addresses require a “National” Xpresspost mailer.

• The Xpresspost envelope(s) must be prepaid. The price will vary according to the mailing destination. Be sure to mention your return address to Canada Post staff.

• Address the envelope(s) to an address inside Canada. We cannot send completed visas to addresses outside Canada, including the United States. You must use the visa to enter the United States from outside of the United States.

• Mark the mailing label “signature required” to ensure that someone at the destination address has to sign for the envelope. This will ensure that your passport and visa, which are valuable documents, will not be left unattended. "

Does this apply to me? I was just going to send the documents in a regular large envelope. Can someone explain the above more clearly? I hope to send Packet 3 back today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm very confused by this... Does this mean your interview got moved up to January 22nd?

No, he just means he had his medical done on the 20th - having your medical doesn't affect what day you get an interview. Basically you wait until you get an interview date, then book your medical.

Also I just found this on the VisaJourney page:

"• For return addresses in Quebec and Ontario, you may use a “Regional” Xpresspost mailer. All other addresses require a “National” Xpresspost mailer.

• The Xpresspost envelope(s) must be prepaid. The price will vary according to the mailing destination. Be sure to mention your return address to Canada Post staff.

• Address the envelope(s) to an address inside Canada. We cannot send completed visas to addresses outside Canada, including the United States. You must use the visa to enter the United States from outside of the United States.

• Mark the mailing label “signature required” to ensure that someone at the destination address has to sign for the envelope. This will ensure that your passport and visa, which are valuable documents, will not be left unattended. "

Does this apply to me? I was just going to send the documents in a regular large envelope. Can someone explain the above more clearly? I hope to send Packet 3 back today.

This is the envelope you take with you TO the interview, not the envelope you send your stuff in :)

You take the envelope so they can send your visa and paperwork back to you.

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.