WFolsom

STILL waiting for Packet 4...is something wrong?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My fiance and I have been waiting for the packet 4 to arrive for 4 weeks now and we didn't realize that it would take so long to receive this. We are becoming a little stressful and are starting to wonder if something has happened. I have read experiences on here about how the fiance never receives a letter and then after waiting for too long, realize they have missed their appointment entirely. I assume there is no way of contacting the embassy to know whether or not the case has or has not been processed? He sent his DS-2001 back to them immediately after the packet 3 and they received it on the 6th. On most forums they say the estimated time frame is 2-3 weeks. Should we be checking this out or is it totally normal? We are going through the US embassy in Paris. If it's not normal, are there any steps we can take to ensure that he doesn't miss his interview date? If anyone has some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you- :whistle:

Went to Paris 8.7.09

Sent 129F 8.28.09

NOA1 9.01.09

Received 9.08.09

NOA2 12.04.09

Received 12.12.09 !!

Received by NVC 12.16.09

Received Packet 3 12.23.09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

email the embassy and see if a appointment has been set.......i dont know about your country but for us we received email of appointment date and time as well as accepted doctors to do the medical after we emailed them many times inquiring about the appointment.......then we down loaded what your calling packet 4 from the embassy web site... and printed it out.........it was to be sent to them before the appointment date and time along with further proof of relationship, letters from parents support document and anything else they had on the embassy web site stated they needed......

sara

Timeline
email the embassy and see if a appointment has been set.......i dont know about your country but for us we received email of appointment date and time as well as accepted doctors to do the medical after we emailed them many times inquiring about the appointment.......then we down loaded what your calling packet 4 from the embassy web site... and printed it out.........it was to be sent to them before the appointment date and time along with further proof of relationship, letters from parents support document and anything else they had on the embassy web site stated they needed......

sara

We have sent them an email but we just receive an automated message saying that they are not able to answer questions about nonimmigrant visas. We will try calling tomorrow, and pay the 14 euros, but I have a feeling it will be exactly the same response.

Went to Paris 8.7.09

Sent 129F 8.28.09

NOA1 9.01.09

Received 9.08.09

NOA2 12.04.09

Received 12.12.09 !!

Received by NVC 12.16.09

sara

Packet 4 is the interview letter, I think he means that packet 3 (all the interview forms) were sent on the 6th. I just had a quick look at K-1 timelines for Paris and it seems to vary from a couple of day to 4-5 weeks for people to receive their packet 4s/interview letters.

I think the DOS hotline should be able to tell you when your interview is. Can someone confirm this for me, please?

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline
Packet 4 is the interview letter, I think he means that packet 3 (all the interview forms) were sent on the 6th. I just had a quick look at K-1 timelines for Paris and it seems to vary from a couple of day to 4-5 weeks for people to receive their packet 4s/interview letters.

I think the DOS hotline should be able to tell you when your interview is. Can someone confirm this for me, please?

Yes, I meant the forms from the packet 3 which are the interview forms were received by the embassy on the 6th of January. Do you happen to know the information for the hotline if this is the case? Thank you so much for your help!

Went to Paris 8.7.09

Sent 129F 8.28.09

NOA1 9.01.09

Received 9.08.09

NOA2 12.04.09

Received 12.12.09 !!

Received by NVC 12.16.09

Timeline
We have sent them an email but we just receive an automated message saying that they are not able to answer questions about nonimmigrant visas. We will try calling tomorrow, and pay the 14 euros, but I have a feeling it will be exactly the same response.

did you hear anything yet? We sent in the DS230 etc from the 1st packet the parisian consulate sent us back in december, only to learn in january after we emailed them that "they never received it"!! majorly depressing. so we sent another copy in late january and i have no idea what to expect now, when we will hear from them etc. let me know about your progress -- when do you think your interview will be scheduled for? do you think it's realistic to think they might schedule ors for sometime before may? we've been making plans to be together by then, but this seems to have messed that up. thanks!

kate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.