Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Zaid is still trying to figure out putting his sounds together. He does a wonderful job for the most part and his vocab expands tons everyday. It surprises me though because for instance he can say the word "chameleon" perfectly, but he tries to say skateboard and says "feet fork" lol I guess practice makes perfect.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

Good point Melissa. LOL That made me laugh. He is a silly boy for sure though.

Is anyone having a problem with their toddler nose picking? I swear I cant get Zaids finger out of his nose ever and it grosses me out!

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

currently no issues with nose picking, but that could all change tomorrow...

if it makes you feel any better though, when i'm at work i see kids doing that all day long. even past the toddler stage. yr definitely not alone. and i think it's worse in the winter, with cold and flu season combined with the heat on inside the house and car. it makes for lots of runny, stuffy, itchy and irritated little noses. it's hard teaching hands off then.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Good point Melissa. LOL That made me laugh. He is a silly boy for sure though.

Is anyone having a problem with their toddler nose picking? I swear I cant get Zaids finger out of his nose ever and it grosses me out!

YES! lol He just started with it. But it's because of the weather. I have taught him to use a tissue and come to for help but I still find him doing it once in a while.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Thanks chnst. I do strap him in the high chair and this was the only time I removed the belt and went to the kitchen only 6 feet away. He did it in a matter of 2 minutes. I am not too concerned about his curiosity just gets me really exhausted. He's def. teething, 3 teeth at once too. I hope it passes soon so I can get some rest.

yeah it always happens when you turn around for 1 minute and they get really quiet and you know that they are up to something... Ben decided to add a little something to our living room wall with my red lipgloss the other day. I was right there with him but i was looking at mail....

Stef, Zaid is obsessed with batteries too! His favorite thing right now is the "slash-light" the flashlight lol. He has about 4 of them and he turns them on and plays inspector. lol. He will shine the light under the couch and in closets and pretend to find the "dinosaurs" which btw he is terrified of!

LOL that's so funny! Ben loves flashlights too. He found Daddy's "skoo-ba-ba" tonight (screwdriver) and made a nice little hole in the carpet by the stairs. And he is obsessed with picking his nose too, he actually thinks it is great to share his "boogies" with me. He goes "ooh big one" and wipes it on me!!

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

LOL! Zaid has been playing with Sofyans tools for months now. He doesnt know the names of them but he calls them "fools" . Its cute bc he will grap a ratchet or something and take it to his nose and turn it and say "honk honk" or something cute.

Bens a booger sharer huh? Zaid hasnt gone that far yet but his finger is up there 24/7. He does have an awful runny nose right now so im sure that has a lot to do with it like you all said.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

ugh. to top all these stories off- Ben and Daddy woke up early this morning to go shovel snow, so I could get an hour of sleep (did I tell you we are back to waking up every 10 minutes at night now?). Anyway, I went out there when I got up and Ben is wearing a pair of boots that he had outgrown last fall (2 sizes too small), no mittens, runny nose, covered in snow... but they were having a blast... When we got in the house i noticed he was chewing on something so I asked hubby if he gave him something to eat. He said "No it's just chewing gum". :blink: Sure enough, he had been chewing an Orbit all morning and my husband thought it was cool how he "really understands when you tell him not to eat it." Ok, next I try to wedge these boots off of his feet (Daddy couldn't find his snowboots anywhere) and reveal some freezing cold toes. No socks, of course because then he couldn't have put the tiny boots on. :angry:

MEN. I'm trying really hard not to sweat the small stuff.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

OMG Stef, sounds like something my hubby would do!

Kel, Declan is a nose picker too. Hoping he will outgrow it. He is getting better at coming to me and blowing in a Kleenex ... but it seems like whenever we are driving and I look in the mirror, his finger is in his nose!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Stefanie that made me giggle. Even though my husband is wonderful with Kavi, he does similar things once in awhile! I don't understand it. :lol: No gum, thankfully. But yeah certain things I'm like nooo!!

Kavi hasn't gotten too interested in picking his nose yet. He has stuck his finger up there but not picked around. :lol:

Kavi is such a copy cat, sometimes it's really funny. Me and Suj were looking at mail yesterday and going through junk mail, and Kavi had to find some papers to look at seriously too. Then he was pointing at it and pretending to tell us about it, which I had been doing about mail in my hands.

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I will have to add my husband to the list. I got home from work once and the outfit that he had Eman in was hilarious. He claimed he couldn't find any clean clothes so instead of doing a load of laundry he had the poor kid in a onesie that he had clearly outgrew (couldnt snap it closed) and pants that looked like capris. These were clothes I had recently put in a bag to give away. Are we prefectionists or are they just lazy? lol

I think they act clueless just ot get away with things....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

the stories about the daddy are so funny! I'm sure mine will be similar too but I know he's very good with style so I hope I dont have to worry with miss match cloth :blink:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Timeline

lol yeah he is the best daddy, but sometimes I just don't get what he was thinking... It's cute when they spend man-time together though. I can tell you so many stories about mis-matched clothes.... lol. He has no clue. But he tries really hard, I guess they just get confused and overwhelmed with all these tiny baby things.

stina: haha, it's so funny when they try to imitate grown up behavior... Ben "vacuums", puts dirty laundry away and clean laundry in the hamper and tries to "help" cut (or rip) out coupons from the paper and every once in a while he gets into a box of baby wipes and helps me "clean the floor" :lol: He makes a serious face and tells everyone "I busy" "I helpiiiin" "goo boy" etc

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Declan "helps" me when I am washing dishes .... by taking all of my Tupperware and plastic bowls out from the cabinet and putting it in the sink so I can do that too. And when I am loading the washing machine, he likes to take my clean kitchen towels and throw them in! He also helps by changing the dishwasher setting when I am not looking, so I find that it has been set to pot scrubber instead of just dishes.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Nizzy, laughing at your story too. :lol:

Yeah the clothing thing...funny stuff.

Karen, yeah Kavi does that too sometimes. Or, he likes to help throw things in the garbage to clean up, like his shoes, metal spoons/forks, a toy, etc. :lol: And sometimes he knows he shouldn't. He picks up something and says "gar?" (garbage) and if we look like we are going to say "Don't throw that away!!" he makes a mad dash to the garbage can to throw it in. He is also good at imitating being scolded. He points and sternly says "Don't!" and then furrows his brows and looks very very serious. I'm scared of him!! :lol: j/k

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord