Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Vi: That happened to me too at Walmart once. That lady just came over and picked up allie from the cart. I usually don't have a problem with people touching my kids but that was a bit much. I yelled at that lady too and I guess I was being rude telling her to leave Allie in the cart but I don't wnat anyone taking them without my permission. I can totally understand why you were nervous. There's just too much going on out there nowadays and too many scary stories you hear in the news.

wow, I would totally freak out too, that is my biggest nightmare, someone stealing Ben. Even though they probably mean well, you never know but that is just crazy to do that without asking permission.

Did I tell you guys our story from Marshalls the other day? I took Ben to shop for sandals and I always put him in the little shopping cart because he would just run around like crazy and that store is such a mess anyways. But he was begging me to "get out" and I kept saying no, trying to distract him etc. I put 2 different sandals on each foot and couldnt decide which one to buy for him, so I finally let him down so he could walk in them. As soon as I set him down he ran! I turned my back for 1 second to turn the shopping cart around to follow him, but he was gone.

I figured he was probably just around the corner or hiding under a rack, but when I couldn't find him for 2 minutes, I got really nervous. I asked a sales lady if she saw a little boy and she said no, then I almost freaked, I couldn't find him anywhere! They immediately called a "code blue" = small child missing, they closed the doors and stopped the background music, they made an announcement over the speakers to all the shoppers that a little boy was missing and all the employees began searching. The manager came up to ask me what he was wearing, how tall he is etc, it was so hard not to completely panic. The whole time I was thinking what if someone just grabbed him, although it seemed completely unreal (knowing Ben, he would probably scream like crazy if someone picks him up). They ended up finding him hiding in the toys aisle in a shelf (he actually told the lady who found him "shhhhh, I hidin' " :bonk: It seemed like an eternity but the whole thing happened probably within 5 minutes, but it was my worst motherhood nightmare, let me tell you! Everyone was so nice, but while we cashed out people kept coming up to me asking if this is the little boy that got "lost" I felt like a horrible mother! I guess in 20 years or so I will be able to laugh about it, haha.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Timeline

wow, I would totally freak out too, that is my biggest nightmare, someone stealing Ben. Even though they probably mean well, you never know but that is just crazy to do that without asking permission.

Did I tell you guys our story from Marshalls the other day? I took Ben to shop for sandals and I always put him in the little shopping cart because he would just run around like crazy and that store is such a mess anyways. But he was begging me to "get out" and I kept saying no, trying to distract him etc. I put 2 different sandals on each foot and couldnt decide which one to buy for him, so I finally let him down so he could walk in them. As soon as I set him down he ran! I turned my back for 1 second to turn the shopping cart around to follow him, but he was gone.

I figured he was probably just around the corner or hiding under a rack, but when I couldn't find him for 2 minutes, I got really nervous. I asked a sales lady if she saw a little boy and she said no, then I almost freaked, I couldn't find him anywhere! They immediately called a "code blue" = small child missing, they closed the doors and stopped the background music, they made an announcement over the speakers to all the shoppers that a little boy was missing and all the employees began searching. The manager came up to ask me what he was wearing, how tall he is etc, it was so hard not to completely panic. The whole time I was thinking what if someone just grabbed him, although it seemed completely unreal (knowing Ben, he would probably scream like crazy if someone picks him up). They ended up finding him hiding in the toys aisle in a shelf (he actually told the lady who found him "shhhhh, I hidin' " :bonk: It seemed like an eternity but the whole thing happened probably within 5 minutes, but it was my worst motherhood nightmare, let me tell you! Everyone was so nice, but while we cashed out people kept coming up to me asking if this is the little boy that got "lost" I felt like a horrible mother! I guess in 20 years or so I will be able to laugh about it, haha.

omG, I would have died with panic. Thank God it all worked out!!! (F)

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

My biggest nightmare is the same, as I guess it would be for most parents! That is scary but glad it worked out fine!! I think we probably all have a story or two to some extent! You aren't a bad mother, you just have a fast son! hehe One time in Target, I didn't lose Kavi but me and my mom were a little ahead of him walking and turned a corner and waited for him. Kavi was the one who got scared and started crying because he thought he lost us for a second. I felt bad for that! I made him cry. And I am over paranoid about that issue so I usually try to make sure he is right by me if he isn't in the cart. And walking outside by cars, I am also paranoid about that. I always have his hand tightly or pick him up if there are a lot of cars nearby.

For a picking up story, this wasn't too bad but I still didn't like it. On our first trip to India with Kavi, over a year ago, on the way home from India the flight felt so crowded and hectic. Kavi was tired and probably feeling overwhelmed as everyone was loading their carry on bags in the overhead and we were already at our seats. He was crying a lot and a crazy flight attendant came over and picked him up, loudly trying to comfort him, almost banging his head against the open overhead compartment(thankfully didn't)! I actually didn't say much, I was shocked, and I just took him back since his crying got worse. I was ticked off about that because she wasn't a soft spoken sweet person, she was acting hyper, but I know she meant well. Still, she shouldn't have done that without asking. And there was a grumpy older man sitting next to us who stated that children that young shouldn't be flying. Thanks mister for your opinion! My husband calmy told him, this is what you have to do if your family lives in India and you want them to meet your child, so oh well. Thankfully by the end of the flight, he actually liked Kavi and tried entertaining him at one point! Thank God. Kavi didn't cry after taking off so that's why the older man got over it. Does anyone think a parent would actually enjoy and think it's a pleasant idea to travel so far with a baby or toddler? No way! But it has to be done.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Chnst: I'm glad to hear that the store people immediately closed the doors and didn't jsut brush you off as a overly worried mother. I had to LOL at the "shh I hidin" part though rofl.gifrofl.gif

Adam took off at TARGET once and it took me quite some time to find him. I was getting slightly panicky but I found him at the STARBUCKS in our local store :).

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

the above reminds me of this one:

WHY PARENTS HAVE GRAY HAIR!

============================

The boss of a big company needed to call one of his employees

about an urgent problem with one of the main computers.

He dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with

a child's whispered, "Hello?"

Feeling put out at the inconvenience of having to talk to a

youngster the boss asked, "Is your Daddy home?"

"Yes", whispered the small voice.

"May I talk with him?" the man asked.

To the surprise of the boss, the small voice whispered, "No."

Wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, "Is your Mommy

there?" "Yes", came the answer.

"May I talk with her?"

Again the small voice whispered, "No."

Knowing that it was not likely that a young child would be left

home alone, the boss decided he would just leave a message with

the person who should be there watching over the child.

"Is there any one there besides you?" the boss asked the child.

"Yes" whispered the child, "a policeman."

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home,

the boss asked, "May I speak with the policeman?"

"No, he's busy," whispered the child.

"Busy doing what?" asked the boss.

"Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the Fireman", came the whispered

answer.

Growing concerned and even worried as he heard what sounded like

a helicopter through the ear piece on the phone the boss asked,

"What is that noise?"

"A hello-copper" answered the whispering voice.

"What is going on there?" asked the boss, now alarmed.

In an awed whispering voice the child answered, "The search team

just landed the hello-copper." Alarmed, concerned, and more

than just a little frustrated the boss asked,

"What are they searching for?"

Still whispering, the young voice replied along with a muffled

giggle:

"Me"

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Declan had his 2 year checkup on Friday. The doctor said he "chunked up" because he is now in the 61% for weight, a whopping 29.75 pounds. Made me laugh that the doctor described it as chunking up, because I still have to buy adjustable waist pants for my skinny boy, otherwise he looks like a gangsta with saggy pants and his diaper showing :lol:

Height is 97%, as always. He is 37 inches tall.

:lol:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

the above reminds me of this one:

WHY PARENTS HAVE GRAY HAIR!

============================

The boss of a big company needed to call one of his employees

about an urgent problem with one of the main computers.

He dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with

a child's whispered, "Hello?"

Feeling put out at the inconvenience of having to talk to a

youngster the boss asked, "Is your Daddy home?"

"Yes", whispered the small voice.

"May I talk with him?" the man asked.

To the surprise of the boss, the small voice whispered, "No."

Wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, "Is your Mommy

there?" "Yes", came the answer.

"May I talk with her?"

Again the small voice whispered, "No."

Knowing that it was not likely that a young child would be left

home alone, the boss decided he would just leave a message with

the person who should be there watching over the child.

"Is there any one there besides you?" the boss asked the child.

"Yes" whispered the child, "a policeman."

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home,

the boss asked, "May I speak with the policeman?"

"No, he's busy," whispered the child.

"Busy doing what?" asked the boss.

"Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the Fireman", came the whispered

answer.

Growing concerned and even worried as he heard what sounded like

a helicopter through the ear piece on the phone the boss asked,

"What is that noise?"

"A hello-copper" answered the whispering voice.

"What is going on there?" asked the boss, now alarmed.

In an awed whispering voice the child answered, "The search team

just landed the hello-copper." Alarmed, concerned, and more

than just a little frustrated the boss asked,

"What are they searching for?"

Still whispering, the young voice replied along with a muffled

giggle:

"Me"

:lol:

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

oh wow, I would totally freak out. I guess I'll have to be way more careful with Ben because he goes with everybody. If someone is smiling at him he starts walking towards the person and if they want to pick him up he'll go with them. I like the fact he likes people, but somehow I will have to teach him not to do that, of course, now it's too early, but in the future, or I'll have to keep him on a leash, literally.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

For a picking up story, this wasn't too bad but I still didn't like it. On our first trip to India with Kavi, over a year ago, on the way home from India the flight felt so crowded and hectic. Kavi was tired and probably feeling overwhelmed as everyone was loading their carry on bags in the overhead and we were already at our seats. He was crying a lot and a crazy flight attendant came over and picked him up, loudly trying to comfort him, almost banging his head against the open overhead compartment(thankfully didn't)! I actually didn't say much, I was shocked, and I just took him back since his crying got worse. I was ticked off about that because she wasn't a soft spoken sweet person, she was acting hyper, but I know she meant well. Still, she shouldn't have done that without asking. And there was a grumpy older man sitting next to us who stated that children that young shouldn't be flying. Thanks mister for your opinion! My husband calmy told him, this is what you have to do if your family lives in India and you want them to meet your child, so oh well. Thankfully by the end of the flight, he actually liked Kavi and tried entertaining him at one point! Thank God. Kavi didn't cry after taking off so that's why the older man got over it. Does anyone think a parent would actually enjoy and think it's a pleasant idea to travel so far with a baby or toddler? No way! But it has to be done.

Absolutely not. On our last plane trip with Ben going on vacation, he would look out the window and say "Fall down. Go BOOM." after the plane took off. People next to us got scared haha. We would say "no no honey, don't say that" but Ben would just keep making awful crashing noise. "Boom. crsssshhhhh> phewwww" kinda funny now, but it wasn't funny then, haha.

Evi: LOL, starbucks. your son has taste.

Charles: LOL, yeah, I can see this happen.

Nessa: Ben was like that too when he was just a year old, it may change. He would go with anyone. Now he will probably scream if a stranger would pick him up (unless its a really goodlooking female... haha)

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

oh wow, I would totally freak out. I guess I'll have to be way more careful with Ben because he goes with everybody. If someone is smiling at him he starts walking towards the person and if they want to pick him up he'll go with them. I like the fact he likes people, but somehow I will have to teach him not to do that, of course, now it's too early, but in the future, or I'll have to keep him on a leash, literally.

Nessa: he might grow out of it. My nepehw was like that and I thought we would have some trouble with him and strangers but now he knows better. He is still friendly but doesn't like being picked up.

My cousin is doing much better. I went to see her Saturday and Sunday. My family is trying not to spend too much time by herself. She keeps saying that she is so torn about keeping her things. On the one hand the memories she has make her smile but the reality of what happened tears her apart.

And without further ado, here's my little bundle flipping me off....

ETA: we had to go for another sono today, two weeks ago, it was supposedly because they couldn't accurately measure his heart based on his position. We went to Winnie Palmer Hospital today, and it turns out, my appt was for a full fetal EKG. I was kinda thrown by that, of course, they threw in the 'high risk, age' bs again...but it all worked out awesomely because everything is normal. Thank God! w00t!

Edited by Happy Bunny

Here's the attachment!

And without further ado, here's my little bundle flipping me off....

ETA: we had to go for another sono today, two weeks ago, it was supposedly because they couldn't accurately measure his heart based on his position. We went to Winnie Palmer Hospital today, and it turns out, my appt was for a full fetal EKG. I was kinda thrown by that, of course, they threw in the 'high risk, age' bs again...but it all worked out awesomely because everything is normal. Thank God! w00t!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Stef! That is so funny/not funny about Ben on the plane!! Why can I totally picture Zaid doing the same thing? Whenever Zaid sees an airplane he says "airplane fall down and crash" lol or he asks me if he can hold it lol.

Glad to hear Declans 2 year checkup went well. Zaid, Ben, and Declan are all nearly the same exact measurements! I guess we can expect to have some tall skinny boys!!

Zaid has been in FULL beast mode the past 3 days. I'm thinking its these last 2 molars coming in. Gosh I can't wait, 2 more teeth and my baby is all done!!!!

DH and I are still TTC. This is the 5th month and for some reason I feel like this is the month. We will know around memorial day.

Edited by ZaidsMommy

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Lisa - that is hilarious. It also looks like he has one of his eyes open. I have one of Enzo with his hand over his face covering his eyes (thumb, forefinger and middle finger) - it looks like he is saying "Jesus, leave me alone." :lol:

Kelly - have fun TTC!!!

@ Vi and all the mommies - having anyone I don't know touch Enzo freaks me out, so to have someone pull him out of his carrier or cart I would have a heart attack. It would be a mommy-smackdown. I am deathly afraid of child abduction and that is all I can think of when I have Enzo in a cart or now that he is walking - I'm over him like a hawk. Just too scary these days. :(

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Mommies

Sofia knows where her nose is, I taught her it in spanish" donde esta tu nariz?" and she points at her nose, she knows how to blow kisses ('besitos") but she is a bit confused when she calls me she says DADA and when she calls her daddy she says MAMA, it's too funny, I say to her "no Sof, I'm MAMA, and she points at me and say DADA" all in spanish. The when she is hungry she brings her own boopy pillow,puts it on my lap and then she procedes to lay down, it's hilarious :rofl: I HAVE TO MAKE a video of it.

ZaidsMommy@ Good luck!!!!!

sofsmile-1.jpg