Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Nessa@ Right after giving birth I got my period for about a month, then it came back when Sofia was about 6 months, now it's back to normal,well, not the exact date but kind of. BTW, when should I make an appointment to see my gynecologist?, I haven't been there since Sofia was about 1 month.

Chnst@ Thank you for the welcome, I'm getting used to my old routine but is the lonelines that kills me, and the weather too, I'm hating the winter!!!. My family is planning a trip in a few motnhs I just don't want them to come all together and at the same time I want the year to go by fast so I can go back to Peru for a longer period of time...

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Vi, thats tough. My husband hasnt been back to Jordan in 4 years and he gets sad alot too. At least your family is able to come here(my husbands family could never get visas) and you can go to Peru every year. Keep your head up.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Kelly: I think we paid $160 for a similar package at sears. Maybe I can convince the hubby to take us to JC Penney. We didn't get any pictures taken in a long time. I really hope he cooperates, I never know with him. lol

@Vi: glad your fam is coming soon! We want to buy a house this year so I may not be able to go to Germany and it is really depressing. But my parents and some of my friends are planning to come in the spring and summer, that makes it a lot easier.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We got our pics done at JC Penney too (see two in the sig). We had a 50% off coupon and we bought 14 8x10's (for us, his family, my grandparents and sister) and paid the sitting fee / online access fee and paid just under $80.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Timeline

Twila, you should sign up for their smiles club. You get unlimited sitting fees for 2 years. Thats why I did it because when we get family pics we pay nothing to sit. It also includes the free smiles by wire when they email you the pics

eta. I believe the membership is only 29$ so if u pay for 3 sitting fees youve already made it worth your while

Edited by ZaidsMommy

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

OMG...okay, so I know I never come on here anymore (internet problems, no time, ect), but I just had to post this somewhere because I am mortified and I think this is the appropriate area.

A girl I went to high school with (and am friends on FB with) posted a picture of her 2.5 month old daughter being fed chocolate pudding out of one of those little plastic chocolate pudding things. You know the ones that come in 6 packs? I can't remember the brand for the life of me, I think you know what I mean.

2.5 month old, eating chocolate pudding!? I don't think I'd let my 2 year old eat that, much less 2.5 months!

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Timeline

Marina, thats just gross. Your right, my son is almost 2 and I wouldnt let him go near one either. The only chocolate hes ever had was chocolate cake on his birthday!

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline
OMG...okay, so I know I never come on here anymore (internet problems, no time, ect), but I just had to post this somewhere because I am mortified and I think this is the appropriate area.

A girl I went to high school with (and am friends on FB with) posted a picture of her 2.5 month old daughter being fed chocolate pudding out of one of those little plastic chocolate pudding things. You know the ones that come in 6 packs? I can't remember the brand for the life of me, I think you know what I mean.

2.5 month old, eating chocolate pudding!? I don't think I'd let my 2 year old eat that, much less 2.5 months!

wow it seems some people just don't use their brains sometimes. I feel that some parents are just so impatient, they can't wait for their kids to grow up, reach the next step instead of enjoying them for the moment. But on the other hand, I don't know your friend, in some cultures it may be acceptable to feed them pudding although the thought of that may curl up our toenails.

I was furious, because I found out that my MIL feeds my son (who is 21 months old) that exact same ####### (just vanilla)! #######, doesn't she read labels? I always stock the fridge with Ben's organic yogurts and fruits and veggies he likes and some crackers or raisins but she constantly feeds him Twizzlers and that Pudding. It drives me insane, because she just does not seem to respect my wishes as a mom. :angry:

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
wow it seems some people just don't use their brains sometimes. I feel that some parents are just so impatient, they can't wait for their kids to grow up, reach the next step instead of enjoying them for the moment. But on the other hand, I don't know your friend, in some cultures it may be acceptable to feed them pudding although the thought of that may curl up our toenails.

I was furious, because I found out that my MIL feeds my son (who is 21 months old) that exact same ####### (just vanilla)! #######, doesn't she read labels? I always stock the fridge with Ben's organic yogurts and fruits and veggies he likes and some crackers or raisins but she constantly feeds him Twizzlers and that Pudding. It drives me insane, because she just does not seem to respect my wishes as a mom. :angry:

Thats how grandmas are...well at least, that is how my mom is. I tell them over and over not to give in to him but to no avail. I am home with him now and I have noticed such a big change then when my mom was watching him. I got a call back from a job interview asking me for references. On the one hand I am so excited, but on the other I am hit with such guilt. Since being home with me, he is so much more stable. I have even found that he isn't constipated anymore. I had such a problem with him and his tummy troubles but he is so regular now and that has increased his appetite. I wish I didn't feel so gulity but it's making me so sad.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ughh especially that stuff is nasty, full of preservatives, aspartame and prolly hydrogenated oils, I wouldn't eat that if you paid me to! But some people just don't care and some are really eager to stuff their baby's faces with food way early... I see it a lot, especially how babies are fed soda in restaurants....

It depends on the person, but my mom would never give Jona something I do not approve of. My MIL wouldn't dare either. She would feed him God knows what, but respects my wishes. I think that would so tick me off royally. Hubbie is totally with me on that. While he personally wouldn't insist on organic, he however is extremely opposed to giving kids sweets or candy. The later they get it, the better in his book. Jona has had a couple bites of semi sweet chocolate, but didn't finish it, so I guess he doesn't have a sweet tooth just yet. heck it's hard enough to get him to eat at all, lol.

Btw recently at a birthday party (hubbie's coworker's wife) there was a couple with a 6 week old baby boy... they stuffed pieces of lemon in his mouth all the time and thought it was hilarious how his face twitched when they put the lemon on his tongue. That's just evil.

Edited by Anna C.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Ughh especially that stuff is nasty, full of preservatives, aspartame and prolly hydrogenated oils, I wouldn't eat that if you paid me to! But some people just don't care and some are really eager to stuff their baby's faces with food way early... I see it a lot, especially how babies are fed soda in restaurants....

It depends on the person, but my mom would never give Jona something I do not approve of. My MIL wouldn't dare either. She would feed him God knows what, but respects my wishes. I think that would so tick me off royally. Hubbie is totally with me on that. While he personally wouldn't insist on organic, he however is extremely opposed to giving kids sweets or candy. The later they get it, the better in his book. Jona has had a couple bites of semi sweet chocolate, but didn't finish it, so I guess he doesn't have a sweet tooth just yet. heck it's hard enough to get him to eat at all, lol.

Btw recently at a birthday party (hubbie's coworker's wife) there was a couple with a 6 week old baby boy... they stuffed pieces of lemon in his mouth all the time and thought it was hilarious how his face twitched when they put the lemon on his tongue. That's just evil.

omg, that poor baby. I know adults who can't have lemons because of the acidity, I can't imagine what it would do to a baby that young.

Timeline

wow Anna thats so bad, poor little baby...

Yeah my MIL is ticking me off, its not that she just feeds it to him because she doesn't know better, nope I think she does it just to piss me off. And on top of that, she is being really sarcastic when both hubby and I are there. She gives him stuff I don't approve off right in front of me and tells Ben "here, you can have this at grandmas house, we are not as paranoid as your mother".

Or- she gave him a whole twizzler the other day and I said" I really don't like this stuff" she goes" well thats better than the chocolate you feed him" and then proceeded to hand it to Ben :angry: I do not feed him chocolate! I don't even eat american chocolate! Or another thing: I am really worried about choking hazards (I have seen a few kids die in the ER from hotdogs and hard candy), so I ask her to be careful with anything hard including ice cubes. So guess what she feeds him as soon as she gets herself an iced drink? Ben has his OWN cup with ice cubes, like 4 times/day!!! :angry:

Last week I told him," Ben we're going to grandmas' house" he says "gee-ma, candy, ice cream, chocolate" :girlwerewolf2xn: I realize that grandparents are there to spoil their grandkids, but only to a certain degree, it drives me mad that she does whatever she wants with him when I am not around. oh well. 3 more months til graduation..... :clock:

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@vi: i had an appointment when he was 3 months old and now i need another appoinment a year from that date for my annual papsmear

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline