Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Happy B-lated B-day, Vi! OMG, Susita--you're in the home stretch! I'm so excited for you!

Thanks :) My husband needs to get in gear and get this room set up. I've had my foot up his butt for a week, things are actually moving along :lol:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Christina; Have a wonderful trip, enjoy enjoy enjoy. Bring plenty of toys and snacks,they worked for Sof,a whole backpack of stuff for her .

Staashi@Sofia does similar things lately she is being very sneaky, for example she grabs things like pieces of paper and puts them in her mouth and then she leaves the room so I won't see her or she gives me her back so mami won't bother her. Too funny. What about languages at home, you guys speak both languages?

Susita@ Getting closer mommy!

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Happy Almost Birthday Enzo!!! Staashi I cant believe hes so big! You gotta update some pics. Your 6 months behind!!

Weve been really busy around here. The weather is warmer so weve been spending our afternoons until the sun goes down outside with Zaid..

Have fun in India Christina!! I bet your inlaws are soo happy to see Kavi

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Staashi@Sofia does similar things lately she is being very sneaky, for example she grabs things like pieces of paper and puts them in her mouth and then she leaves the room so I won't see her or she gives me her back so mami won't bother her. Too funny. What about languages at home, you guys speak both languages?

Enzo loves paper!!! If you swipe a napkin on his face he bites the paper to eat it. He loves to get into everything - he even loves to push around the garbage can. Yesterday, I was cooking dinner and had been moving trash into the can. The next thing I know he's pushing around the can and it falls down - out spills a ton of yerba mate that my MIL had just thrown away. Yuck! :ranting: On the language side, we speak to him in both Spanish and English - but mostly Spanish because my MIL is with him all the time. After my MIL changes his diaper he always says - "Ya esta!" :lol:

@ Kelly - thank you so much. Yeah, I need to post piccies of Enzo he's sooooooo different. Not a baby anymore. :(

Edited by Staashi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ugh I wish our weather was stable! One day it's 50 degrees, the next day we have a snowstorm. Not going outside makes Jona MAD. Poor guy. He just cannot grasp that going outside during a snowstorm is no fun... Sigh.

We speak both languages consistently, just when I'm on the road I'll speak English (cause I guess most people don't speak German!), which might confuse Jona. But he understands both languages just fine.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Happy Birthday Sofi and Enzo! :)

Have a good trip Christina

Susita, hope you're feeling great - Your little guy will be here soon :dance:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Timeline

What Caro said, lol! ....Happy Belated Sofia and Enzo :) Christina, hope your trip is great! And Susita, you must be so very excited!

I keep forgetting about this thread, or I guess I forget that I'm pregnant, lol...dunno which one yet. But I want to make a better effort because there's not really anyone to talk to who is currently pregnant/just had a baby....

Can I rant a bit to you all? I figure this is the place maybe where I'll be best understood.

I am starting to show, and although I am really so very excited, happy, blessed...it IS a dream come true for us....but anyways.... I am quite sad over how my body's looking. I know that sounds so superficial, but my weight has always been a struggle to maintain...and years ago due to a severe injury, I wound up getting exceptionally fat. I stayed that way for ages, but worked really hard to get it off. Now I feel like it's inevitable that it's going to happen again, and I'm kinda freaking out about that. I know that there are so many other things to worry about, and in the grand scheme of things, I'm being incredibly selfish and silly, but I can't help but be honest about how I feel. I want to be the best mother I can be, but I also don't want to lose myself and become dumpy, matronly, etc.

It's hard because up until now I've been very sick with morning sickness 24/7, I have had like zero energy, and I work like a maniac. I haven't been exercising like I should. I'm starting to feel a lot better lately, and we have been walking more, which I think will help. I'm going to the store this w/e to find some pregnancy workout videos or something cos I figure just b!tching about it isn't going to do anything, lol.

I watch what I eat, have cut out so many things that are unhealthy. I used to exist on 3 protein shakes a day, maybe a small meal as well. I drank 2 pots of coffee a day, smoked a pack a day, drank socially 1-2 times a month, used splenda out the wazoo, and drank diet coke like it was going out of style. I now force myself to eat breakfast...usually it's a little oatmeal, and lunch and dinner too...fruits, veg, protein, simple carbs, etc. I drink one small cup of coffee a day now (doc approved), don't smoke, I don't want to use chemicals so I cut out splenda, but I didn't replace it with sugar, because I don't want to get into gestational diabetes, No drinking either, of course...but that one wasn't hard to change.

So I feel like I'm doing the best I can, and a good job at it so far. But still, my body has changed so much. It's not just belly, it's a bit all over. Last month, I only gained a pound at the doc's, but I barely fit into my comfy clothes...you know, those slacks and whatnot that were a bit loose that you wear on days that you don't want anything snug on? Yeah, those are my 'barely fit' stuff now. And let's not talk about my boobs! :(

Thanks for listening!

Anyone else feel/felt this way?

Happy Bunny, I can relate. I have actually struggled with my weight for years. When I got pregnant, I had just joined Weight Watchers and had lost probably 20 pounds. I was so excited to be pregnant, but there was a part of me that was also frustrated that I had been on a good weight losing cycle and really motivated and working out all the time, and had to give up the losing weight bit. I did keep going to meetings to motivate myself to eat healthy and not allow myself to give in to eating anything, just because I was pregnant. I had wicked morning sickness during the first trimester, but after that, I felt much better and really healthy and was able to work out, go for walks, etc.

FYI - if anyone remembers my worries about Declan's lead level a few months ago ... just got the results from a new test and his lead level has dropped from 8.8 to 5.3 I still want it lower, but I feel so good it has dropped and feel that what we have done to decrease lead exposure is working.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Happy Bunny ~ Everyone is different when it comes to pregnancy. For example, I have friends that have gained more than 40 pounds while pregnant and as soon as they had the baby, they went right back to their normal routine and pre-pregnancy size with no problem. Then, there's people like me who only gain 20 pounds but have a hard time getting back into shape after the baby. The only advice I have for you is that you shouldn't deprive yourself. Exercise and diet is okay but the most important thing is that your baby is safe & healthy. Before I was put on bedrest a few weeks ago, I was still walking my kids around the block, to and from school, and doing everything as normal, but I did stop going to the gym. It gets very uncomfortable after a while. Your body will tell you when it's too much. I would talk to your doc and ask him what he recommends as far as calories/day, etc.

I wouldn't worry too much! Take care of yourself & the baby :) You will do just fine.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline

What Caro said, lol! ....Happy Belated Sofia and Enzo :) Christina, hope your trip is great! And Susita, you must be so very excited!

I keep forgetting about this thread, or I guess I forget that I'm pregnant, lol...dunno which one yet. But I want to make a better effort because there's not really anyone to talk to who is currently pregnant/just had a baby....

Can I rant a bit to you all? I figure this is the place maybe where I'll be best understood.

I am starting to show, and although I am really so very excited, happy, blessed...it IS a dream come true for us....but anyways.... I am quite sad over how my body's looking. I know that sounds so superficial, but my weight has always been a struggle to maintain...and years ago due to a severe injury, I wound up getting exceptionally fat. I stayed that way for ages, but worked really hard to get it off. Now I feel like it's inevitable that it's going to happen again, and I'm kinda freaking out about that. I know that there are so many other things to worry about, and in the grand scheme of things, I'm being incredibly selfish and silly, but I can't help but be honest about how I feel. I want to be the best mother I can be, but I also don't want to lose myself and become dumpy, matronly, etc.

It's hard because up until now I've been very sick with morning sickness 24/7, I have had like zero energy, and I work like a maniac. I haven't been exercising like I should. I'm starting to feel a lot better lately, and we have been walking more, which I think will help. I'm going to the store this w/e to find some pregnancy workout videos or something cos I figure just b!tching about it isn't going to do anything, lol.

I watch what I eat, have cut out so many things that are unhealthy. I used to exist on 3 protein shakes a day, maybe a small meal as well. I drank 2 pots of coffee a day, smoked a pack a day, drank socially 1-2 times a month, used splenda out the wazoo, and drank diet coke like it was going out of style. I now force myself to eat breakfast...usually it's a little oatmeal, and lunch and dinner too...fruits, veg, protein, simple carbs, etc. I drink one small cup of coffee a day now (doc approved), don't smoke, I don't want to use chemicals so I cut out splenda, but I didn't replace it with sugar, because I don't want to get into gestational diabetes, No drinking either, of course...but that one wasn't hard to change.

So I feel like I'm doing the best I can, and a good job at it so far. But still, my body has changed so much. It's not just belly, it's a bit all over. Last month, I only gained a pound at the doc's, but I barely fit into my comfy clothes...you know, those slacks and whatnot that were a bit loose that you wear on days that you don't want anything snug on? Yeah, those are my 'barely fit' stuff now. And let's not talk about my boobs! :(

Thanks for listening!

Anyone else feel/felt this way?

Son of a b!tch - I just wrote a novel and poof it is gone!!!

Lisa - girl, you're gonna be ok. Get some good advice from your dr on caloric intake and find some great exercises like walking, yoga and water aerobics - it's awesome. You will get through this. :D

Edited by Staashi

Thank you all so much (L) You rawk! I really appreciate having peeps that understand

ETA: I am seeing a nutritionist, but the funny thing is, I seem to know more than she does. My exH was a nutritionist, and I helped him with all his work in college :lol:

Edited by Happy Bunny

Timeline

Thank you all so much (L) You rawk! I really appreciate having peeps that understand

ETA: I am seeing a nutritionist, but the funny thing is, I seem to know more than she does. My exH was a nutritionist, and I helped him with all his work in college :lol:

I find that nutrition during pregnancy is alot of common sense. Just be good like 90-95% of the time and you'll be awesome. But I will say this - get some good exercise and stuff in - it will make you feel psychologically better. Get some good fiber in cuz you're gonna need it. And just know this: If you do all the good things you can, even if/when your body feels bleh (and it will), your psyche will feel good. You can only control so much, but at least you can go to sleep at night knowing you're doing all the best that you can for you and the little happy bunnyette! :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got back from my ultrasound and I'm :angry: Techie won't tell me the gender of the baby! Apparently due to the abortion law in British Columbia, Canada, they're not allowed to reveal the gender until after 20 weeks. That law came about to prevent a certain ethnic group from practicing gendercide. Sigh...I'll call the midwife early next week and inquire when she recieves their diagnosis.

Anyhoo, the baby is fine & clocked 157 bpm heart rate. She's (I'm inclined to call it a "she") got a smallish head but nothing to worry about, said the Techie. She was generally quiet, moving around but subdue, like she's sleeping.

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am starting to show, and although I am really so very excited, happy, blessed...it IS a dream come true for us....but anyways.... I am quite sad over how my body's looking.

I can empathize--I feel like a whale!

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

I just got back from my ultrasound and I'm :angry: Techie won't tell me the gender of the baby! Apparently due to the abortion law in British Columbia, Canada, they're not allowed to reveal the gender until after 20 weeks. That law came about to prevent a certain ethnic group from practicing gendercide. Sigh...I'll call the midwife early next week and inquire when she recieves their diagnosis.

Anyhoo, the baby is fine & clocked 157 bpm heart rate. She's (I'm inclined to call it a "she") got a smallish head but nothing to worry about, said the Techie. She was generally quiet, moving around but subdue, like she's sleeping.

Congrats on the healthy sono, but boo hiss to that law.

I can empathize--I feel like a whale!

Yep, I'm right there with ya ;)