Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

@susita: haha I don't know what the big deal was, I guess with the first baby it's more exciting... I had the baby bag packed like we were going to move into the hospital and same thing for my bag including clothes/snacks for the hubby. I had tons of lists and had it all ready to go, but you know what happened when I went into labor? I wasn't sure if it really was labor, I really thought they were going to send me back home so I left the bag home. My husband had to go back and get it, haha.

:lol:

I think maybe it's people's nesting instinct, trying to have everything ready. I couldn't 'nest' last time because of the bedrest so that's probably why I didn't freak out b/c of the bag. This time I just think how silly it is that everyone I talk to asks me "did you pack your bag yet?" :lol: I guess it's important if you live far from the hospital and rush out of the house.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Kel - I think for Declan's bday, we will have a Mickey Mouse theme. He is so into Mickey and friends since we went to Dsiney World. Probably having it in our backyard because the weather is usually nice here in May.

Vi - Happy BDay to Sofia!!!

Susita - People kept asking me about the bag too. I actually wasn't packed when my water broke 3 weeks early. I remember running around throwing things in a bag. But hubby went home every day to check on the cat, so he brought me back things I needed.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Thank you mommies for all your b-day wishes, Nessa the card was so pretty :star: .

We had a great time, last night we decorated the house and it looked really nice, today we had Silvio's family, his best friends and their kids and a good friend from Peru who happens to live nearby. It was really cool. People asked me what do I need for Sofia and to be honest I always say whatever they want to get her but this time I was very honest and I said NO TOYS pls, we have no more room, she has too many toys plus she doesn't even play with all of them so I said that clothes will help us alot to go through the spring and summer so we are all set for the next two seasons.

We are exhausted I will be posting pics from the party tomorrow....

nite nite mommies!

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Susita: I packed my bag after my water broke... I waited until hubbie came home, we had a huge meal and I topped it off witha big bowl of ice cream, then we packed and slowly made our way to the hospital, lol. When we arrived there and the nurses confirmed my water really had broken, we were left alone and ordered pizza and played Uno until we had contractions.....

I packed newborn size clothes but they were all way too big.... so much for the going home outfit or the stuff he wore at the hospital, we chose their stuff since they had preemie sizes. Abuelita brought us preemie stuff right away, an entire bag full of stuff. It just totally smashed my cutsie going home outfit!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Been quiet lately! Well...on this board and not around my house! Our twins found Daddy's keys and, well, we can't find them! We have checked everywhere we can think of -- under and in everything!

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Vi - Happy Belated Birthday to Sofia!!!! I can't believe she is 1.

Enzo turns one next Thursday. He is getting so big and far too inquisitive for my liking. He loves to figure things out and to see the machinations working in his head is hilarious. He seems so smart but then he'll do something so silly that I have to laugh like last night: He just had a bath and hubby was drying him on our bed. E took off and went to climb on the pillows, as he got to the top pillow he banged his head on the wall kinda hard and started to cry. I said to him - you are a smart, impressive little boy 95% of the time - it's the other 5% that makes mommy scared. :lol:

Timeline

Thank you mommies for all your b-day wishes, Nessa the card was so pretty :star: .

We had a great time, last night we decorated the house and it looked really nice, today we had Silvio's family, his best friends and their kids and a good friend from Peru who happens to live nearby. It was really cool. People asked me what do I need for Sofia and to be honest I always say whatever they want to get her but this time I was very honest and I said NO TOYS pls, we have no more room, she has too many toys plus she doesn't even play with all of them so I said that clothes will help us alot to go through the spring and summer so we are all set for the next two seasons.

We are exhausted I will be posting pics from the party tomorrow....

nite nite mommies!

Vi ~ Every year they ask me what the boys need/want for their birthday and I always say spring/summer clothes, sandals etc. My mom's side of the family listens and gets them clothes or something they can use, but my dad's side always buys them huge toys. My aunt bought the boys a rock band game for their Wii that comes with a drumset and guitars :wacko: I literally have NO WHERE to put it. I feel so bad they can't even play it because if I set it up we wouldn't have any room to walk in the living room. It just baffles me, they know how small our apartment is but don't ever think to ask me first. Last year she did the same thing and bought them 2 huge racetracks with those shake and go cars. One of them is still in the box and the other one we can only set up in the kitchen and when you do, you can't walk through it. :blink: It makes me feel bad.

They did get toys though too, but stuff they can use outside like water shooters, kites and a play sprinkler you hook up to the hose. I got them a big thing of sidewalk chalk because they love to draw on the driveway and I also bought one of those big deck boxes to store all their outdoor stuff in so we're good there.

I really want a big house but we won't be able to afford one for a few more years at least.

Timeline

@ Susita: I packed my bag after my water broke... I waited until hubbie came home, we had a huge meal and I topped it off witha big bowl of ice cream, then we packed and slowly made our way to the hospital, lol. When we arrived there and the nurses confirmed my water really had broken, we were left alone and ordered pizza and played Uno until we had contractions.....

I packed newborn size clothes but they were all way too big.... so much for the going home outfit or the stuff he wore at the hospital, we chose their stuff since they had preemie sizes. Abuelita brought us preemie stuff right away, an entire bag full of stuff. It just totally smashed my cutsie going home outfit!

I can't have a big meal before going to the hospital, with the c-section they want you to not have eaten in 8 hours I think :blink: Man am I going to be hungry after I have this baby LOL

I have newborn sizes and 0-3 months because she's already measuring big. The boys wore preemie sizes for not even 2 weeks then they were in newborn. They were 5 lbs 8 oz and 6 lbs 2 oz but still very tiny, the newborn clothes looked baggy on them.

So I have approx 1-3 weeks left. If I make it to my scheduled c-section date of the 14th it will be a miracle. I feel like I'm going to pop already :lol:

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Happy Belated bday to Sofia, and early bday wishes for Enzo!

We leave tomorrow. I am hoping Kavi does fine on the plane rides. We go from Tampa to Newark, then Newark direct to India, around 14 hours for that direct flight. Last year he did pretty good, but this year he is even more aware of things. We will see! :) I guess I won't be on VJ for the next 3 weeks or more. Take care everyone!

Nessa have fun on your trip too. :)Will be a blast I'm sure. I think Kavi's first haircut was around the same age too.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Thank you very much, Staashi! Easter will be interesting since my husband's family doesn't celebrate it normally. I am sure we can celebrate it in our own way somehow. :)

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Lisa!

I know I don't post very often but I read a lot. I have a question about convertible car seats. We're getting ready to buy some. Well, actually we bought the Safety 1st seats yesterday and they are horrible. We're taking them back to the store today. They are huge and won't even fit in my husbands big F-250 king cab truck much less in my little Hyundai SUV. We need to get something else but I have no idea what to get. I know about the Britax but my parents are buying them for us and WILL NOT spend that much on a car seat. The ones we bought yesterday were on sale plus I had to 20% off coupons to justify the cost. Unfortunately the Britax's are not on sale right now and my parents want to buy them NOW. I was looking at the Graco My Ride 65 but read some not so good reviews on it. I want to rear face the boys as long as possible so does anyone have any suggestions on what seats to buy?

Hubby and I went shopping for baby stuff over the weekend and we decided on the Chicco Keyfit 30 Cortina travel system ($299 at Babies R Us, and we got a 20% off coupon so $240-ish). They were rated #1 on the 2009 Consumer Reports.

Me: 'omG, Mom, lookit this, it comes with a hat!' *put the hat on the top of the hanger to get a full look....then I notice there are two elasticized symmetrical holes in it*

Me: 'uh, nevermind, this one is defective, it's got holes in it' *gruble grumble* 'God, you'd think this store wouldn't have defective ####### in it, how embarrassing for them.' *goes off on a mild tangent on the chances of a defect with two symmetrical holes, let alone ELASTICIZED holes*

Mom: *blinks* 'ummm......those are bottoms to cover the diaper'

*silence*

Mom: 'now I'm scared'

LOL [/i]

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy B-lated B-day, Vi! OMG, Susita--you're in the home stretch! I'm so excited for you!

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Timeline

Happy Belated bday to Sofia, and early bday wishes for Enzo!

We leave tomorrow. I am hoping Kavi does fine on the plane rides. We go from Tampa to Newark, then Newark direct to India, around 14 hours for that direct flight. Last year he did pretty good, but this year he is even more aware of things. We will see! :) I guess I won't be on VJ for the next 3 weeks or more. Take care everyone!

Nessa have fun on your trip too. :)Will be a blast I'm sure. I think Kavi's first haircut was around the same age too.

Christina, have a great trip!!

Question - will the easter bunny be visiting Kavi in India? :lol: