Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I dont dig the Wiggles at all.

Zaid loves Yo Gabba Gabba and while it is very freaky it teaches kids very good lessons. Zaid bit his friend one day and when he did it he said "No mommy, we dont bite, Gabba no bite" So he totally remembered it from there.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

@Vi: Hana is now walking all the time (really started these past few days) and she will be 14 months old this week. Zak cruises EVERYWHERE and CRAWLS UP on everything (our monkey) but has no desire to take steps by himself. I am sure once Hana becomes a walking terror he will see the fun and fast track it. From what I understand 12-15 months is about average for walking.

My two watch little programming on TV as well. They LOVE music! Fine by me. I do watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Handy Manny with them on the weekends.

BTW...I bought the babies some clothes from Old Navy yesterday and ordered some more from them online. They have infant / toddler flip flops with a back strap for $2.50!

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?c...&pid=733993

I also got Hana a one piece, rash guard UV protected swimsuit. She is more fair than Zak and in the FL sun she will need it (it was only $14.50).

http://oldnavy.gap.com/Asset_Archive/ONWeb...32-00p01v01.jpg

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Timeline

Adam loves TV. I try not to let him watch too much, but he loves Sesame Street, Barney, the Wiggles, Thomas, The Rubbadubbers, Bob the Builder. I'm a big fan of the PBS Sprout channel.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Vi...I started walking at 10 months so we thought Kavi would. He didn't until 14/15 months, I thought he would way sooner because he crawled at 8 months. He would walk around holding onto things before he was 1, but wouldn't let go for a couple more months. You shouldn't worry at all. Have you read about it? I read in various places that walking should happen by 18 months old. Most kids are definitely walking by then unless there is an issue.

Lisa- congrats!!!

Yo gabba gabba does annoy me, Kavi has hardly ever seen it. I don't even know when it's on. He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Curious George, Imagination Movers, and The fresh beat band(so cheesy!). He sees other shows too sometimes like the other typical toddler shows on Nick jr. But his favorite is definitely the singing parts in shows.

We are going to India in about a week and half!

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

The boys are turning 5 next week :) They're mostly into superhero shows, but they watch NickJr (aka Noggin) and I like most of the shows that come on that channel. The cutest is Wow Wow Wubbzy. I just get the creeps from Yo Gabba Gabba. They also watch Sesame Street on PBS Kids.

Christina ~ Have fun in India!

I'm having those 'practice' contractions, but boy are they uncomfortable, close to being painful even. I keep telling myself, just a few more weeks.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Since I'm having this convo twice (I just told all my UK peeps)...here's a quote from my last post. I have no shame, lol.

Thanks Guys!

It's weird for a spoiled 30-something party girl with a sick love of shoes to now be thrown into the world of babies and whatnot....But we are v happy!!

It's funny how much my mindset has already changed, but I'll share a story that I think is hilar:

my mom and I went shopping. I wander over to the baby section, and I'm looking at all the cute clothes and stuff. Too early to know what the sex is, so I just looked through both. I pick up this ADORABLE little dress which comes with what looks like a beret and a headband (I <3 hats btw). So this is the convo:

Me: 'omG, Mom, lookit this, it comes with a hat!' *put the hat on the top of the hanger to get a full look....then I notice there are two elasticized symmetrical holes in it*

Me: 'uh, nevermind, this one is defective, it's got holes in it' *gruble grumble* 'God, you'd think this store wouldn't have defective ####### in it, how embarrassing for them.' *goes off on a mild tangent on the chances of a defect with two symmetrical holes, let alone ELASTICIZED holes*

Mom: *blinks* 'ummm......those are bottoms to cover the diaper'

*silence*

Mom: 'now I'm scared'

LOL

Congrats Lisa!

I know I don't post very often but I read a lot. I have a question about convertible car seats. We're getting ready to buy some. Well, actually we bought the Safety 1st seats yesterday and they are horrible. We're taking them back to the store today. They are huge and won't even fit in my husbands big F-250 king cab truck much less in my little Hyundai SUV. We need to get something else but I have no idea what to get. I know about the Britax but my parents are buying them for us and WILL NOT spend that much on a car seat. The ones we bought yesterday were on sale plus I had to 20% off coupons to justify the cost. Unfortunately the Britax's are not on sale right now and my parents want to buy them NOW. I was looking at the Graco My Ride 65 but read some not so good reviews on it. I want to rear face the boys as long as possible so does anyone have any suggestions on what seats to buy?

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ booty: Britax is on sale on rightstart:

http://www.rightstart.com/featured-brands/britax-closeouts.html

And the Radian is excellent too and cheaper: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=radian+sunshine&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=18282685210941884200&ei=NiqdS4vhBZKssgP7-Zl-&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQ8wIwAA#ps-sellers

How about your parents give you the money and you add a little out of your own pocket to buy Britaxes or Radians? They are well worth the money (weight limits, safety, durability).

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I hate this new layout, it wouldn't let me edit my post!!!! Arrghhh...

Woohoo, I finally got my Wii Fit Plus board!!! I have been looking everywhere for three months now, and the thing is sold out everywhere. I already gave up hope (Nintendo made no comment on when it would be available and store associates told me wild stories about lawsuits with Nintendo over the board).... But, Walmart received a shipment of 6 boards and I got one, I was right there when they got'em so I grabbed... It's so awesome. I love it! It's so much fun that even after Jona went to bed, I went jogging with my guide-cat (there is a guide that you have to follow, and yes you run in front of the TV, but that still works you out!!!). I like the stepping board program and the Yoga. OMG Yoga is really hard for someone like me with no balance, but I'm hoping to gain some balance throughout this! Anyways, I totally recommend this to anyone, especially if you want to workout... I really need to workout to help my aching back and gain muscle mass, I have about zero.

And, Jona hates the TV. I'm surprised as both Paul and I totally love watching TV (we don't watch it very much with him awake, only the news network then). He will turn it off at the first chance he gets and ask you to play with him instead. I guess it's a blessing for now. I don't like any of those kids shows, they are so annoying and sometimes even have political messages in them of which I do not approve. When he will watch stuff, it will be DVDs or I DVR it first, watch it and see if I deem it to be okay.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Amirah loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse too, if you go online they have some activities. theres one where you can make your own little mickey animal 'parade' with music and stuff - now whenever I sit at the computer she comes over and starts cawling up the desk saying she wants to make her parade...

Edited by sara535

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Anna C-Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately we had already left so I didn't see it until now. The darn site was so freaking slow it wouldn't load for me. We ended up just getting the My Ride 65. It installed in the car just fine. My mom said she had seen it on tv the other day as one of the top 5 car seats, just under the Britax. So I guess it's ok. Thanks!

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline

Anna C-Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately we had already left so I didn't see it until now. The darn site was so freaking slow it wouldn't load for me. We ended up just getting the My Ride 65. It installed in the car just fine. My mom said she had seen it on tv the other day as one of the top 5 car seats, just under the Britax. So I guess it's ok. Thanks!

We have the MyRide65's for our twins in my car (Toyota Camry). The babies love them. I have never had an issue with them and they have one of the longest rearfacing limits for the lower end of the spectrum car seats. Since the babies ride very little in Daddy's car, we got 2 Cosco Scenera's for there. For their really low price, they have an amazing safety record. Their weight limit is a lot less, but that is good. We'll have the opportunity to stagger buying sets of booster seats.

@Christina - Have a fabulous time in India!

We wanted to take the babies to Morocco this summer, but the airfare is insane. We have decided that I will take them with my mom to Vermont this summer to visit my family. My husband will probably fly by himself to Morocco to visit with his family and we will save for a BIG trip in the next two years.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@vi: Beginning of February I started to work out again after I think 4 months without doing no exercise whatsoever because I had no energy. One day I went to the gym, then the next week I went twice, then 3 times, then 4, now I'm trying to work out 4-6 days a week. I started to take body pump classes 3 times a week, but I don't have much energy. Older ladies (I'm talking 50-60 years old) kick my butt. But I've been having some problems. I don't think I've adjusted well to the hormone changes, etc, so I'm cheating, I went to GNC and bought some stuff to give me energy, otherwise I think I'd still be feeling like sleeping 12 hours a night and being in bed being lazy all weekend instead of being active.

About walking, my mom said I started at 9 months but I gave up trying to compare myself to Ben. Everything for me happened real early, teething, crawling, walking, talking, I learned that all babies are different and they develop on their own time. Ben has been cruising the furniture since he was 9 months old, he's been standing up and letting it go for a couple weeks and last Friday was the first time I sat in front of him and said come to mommy and he walked my way. But that was it. He doesn't try to walk. I've read it's normal to start walking even when they're like 18 months old or older. So don't worry.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

@ Lisa .... COngrats! Laughing at the story :)

We had a playdate today with a friend's children ... a 2 1/2 year old girl and a 1 year old girl. Declan loved it and kept trying to hug them!

I tolerate the Wiggles and sadly find myself singing along with them at times (because my mom bought Declan a Wiggles guitar and Wiggles drum and we had to then watch the episodes), We have thankfully moved on to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse which I can tolerate better.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png