Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Another opinion requested from you experienced--What's your opinion on pre-natal yoga? Yay or Nay?

I didn't do it - my exercise was 3 miles a day walking, but I say, go for it! What can it hurt? :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Karen,

I know, Im really doomed if the next one is a bad sleeper bc I have never had a "bad" night with Zaid. Earlier he was pooped from playing outside and said "mommy I nap" and laid down, slept from 6pm-7pm and is now up eating dinner. Its so funny.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Another opinion requested from you experienced--What's your opinion on pre-natal yoga? Yay or Nay?

if you have patience for yoga i'd say go for it. I could never do that. i like fast track stuff. but i think it's very healthy if u're up to it.

Nessa,

I actually have a good customer at the bank who is a Dentist and I asked him this question bc I had heard so many different things. He said he wouldnt recommend bringing a kid to the dentist until age 3. He said the ADA recommends earlier but thats just to inform parents on good dental habits and to make sure there are no serious problems. He stated that if there were any serious problems with your childs teeth, you should be able to tell. I agree there and we wont bring Zaid until he is 3. I do not want him to be fearful and I think at this point he would not cooperate and be scared to death.

Zaid does brush his teeth. He hated it when i use to do it, now I just let him. I bought him a Spongebob spinbrush bc I figured it would help brush the places he didnt. I always brush my teeth with him and he will mock what I do. He has been doing that since about 15 months so you have a little while before you can expect that to happen. Until then I would say just give him a toothbrush and let him chew on it a bit, Zaid always use to like that and it felt good on his gums.

I just have to share that Im pretty sure I have the easiest child ever. Not only has Zaid like never woke up during the night...He is now putting himself to bed for naps and bedtime. All I have to say is "Zaid go night night" and he plants a kiss on me, goes to his big boy bed, lays down and closes his eyes. Hes done this for about 5 days now and Im just so impressed. :) Proud mama moment :)

thanks. and that's really nice of Zaid. you should be proud.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry if this has been posted before. :)

Uy3FMvGIBsw

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Sorry if this has been posted before. :)

Uy3FMvGIBsw

OMG...I had to laugh at the openning part with the two kids in Namibia. The way they were behaving could be Hana and Zak on any given day!

Hana is almost exclusively walking now! Zak is climbing up EVERYTHING! I left the living room for 30 seconds tonight and he climbed up into the chair near the sliding glass door in our living room and was standing on the arm of it tugging on the sheer window coverings!!!!!

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm a little concerned because Sofia is going to be one and she is not walking, well, she walks two steps and she starts crawling again, I want to think that is because of the walker (but Gosh it gave me so much freedom!) and because she was a premie. My family tells me that I walked when I was 10 months so we kind of expect the same for her but it's not happening, I know it's coming soon but I have so many peope asking me if she walking yet... it's annoying.

Revenesque@ Not yoga for me but I work out until the end of my pregnancy :thumbs:

Talking about that, Nessa you still working out?, to be honest I have no energy now, I'm going now and then but not as in the past, Sofia is my workout.

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Vi, as Sofia gets older, your gonna wanna workout less and less..trust me...I am next to exhausted everyday from Zaid. Sofia not walking is completely normal. Alot of babies dont walk until they are 13-15 months. I would just take the walker away now and encourage her to explore. She will walk on her own time. My best friends daughter will be 13 months this week and hasnt even started cruising furniture. Im sure Sofia is just fine :)

Im gonna say that I TOTALLY wanna kick myself for talking about how good Zaids sleep habits WERE. LOL The same night I said something, he was up until midnight. Last night, he woke up after being asleep for 30 mins and screamed bloody murder for 2 hours. IDK what is wrong (Did one of you put a spell one me?? lol) Im JK!! Ive read its common to have night tremors at 22 months (he is just past that) so maybe its that. I dont know but it is so frustrating.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ VI: That's very early to walk at 10 months. Most children walk between 12 and 15 months, and even 18 months is normal. She already walks two steps, so she's walking. Within the next weeks you will see a lot of improvement, she's just learning how to balance correctly.

@ Zaidsmommy: I'm sure it will pass... We can never figure out why Jona wakes up some nights and other nights just sleeps through. I think it's when he gets uncomfy and can't find a good position, cause I go to him and just pet is back and he goes back to sleep....

We tried to let him sleep just with covers last night, without the sleeping bag, but that didn't work out. He kicked them all off and kept waking up since he was cold... The sleeping bag it is for now.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

My son started having what we thought were nightmares when he was about 2 years old. It could always be that or weird dreams that wake him up. He still gets them every once in a while & will come into my room crying or just scared. At least now he knows what it is and can explain it to us.

My other son hasn't ever had this problem.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Okay. I know this sounds bad, but...

Does anyone else really REALLY hate Yo Gabba Gabba? I can't deal with that show. That DJ Lance with the orange hat gives me nightmares :lol:

at first I hated it and still find myself watching with my mouth hanging open at the sheer insanity of it, but I have beceom a big fan of all the guest stars. Jack Black's episode was awesome, and this season they have Anthony Bourdain.. how can you hate that? :P

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png