Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Nessa:

1) Normal. Whenever I say no to Jona, I explain WHY it is a no. We don't touch cables because it is dangerous and he can get seriously hurt. We don't go up the stairs alone because he could fall and get hurt... Yada yada, I mean I always provide a reason for saying no, I find that very important. Then I provide for attention and distraction. They come up to you because they want attention of which they need a lot all day long, lol. ;) steering attention towards a toy, the cat, something like that works wonderfully. And if he throws a fit it's important to acknowledge his feelings so he can learn how to handle them down the road. Frustration and anger is a part of life and a normal emotion that is okay to be felt and expressed in proper manners. It's hard sometimes, believe me, Jona throws his tantrums, but we get over it with those strategies.

2) Jona didn't like it at first, but I let him brush his teeth in the beginning which he eagerly does and then I step in and help. Totally works.

3) Unless you see problems with his teeth, there is no need to take him now. The pediatric dentist I chose doesn't want to see children under age 3 unless they are in pain or have known issues. Toddlers can get very upset at having their mouth forcefully opened (Jona would never cooperate) and that would unfortunately start the dentist-relationship off terribly. Imagine the baby's first visit to a dentist to be a horrible experience, great way to create anxiety. That's why I totally agree with the dentist I called that it's only necessary to bring them in if they have an issue. And as long as you brush those teeth he will be fine (and yes, a fluoride free toothpaste, until he can spit it out himself and not swallow it, and there is fluoride in the water which is more than enough).

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Susita@ Hurry Up mamma!!! My baby came a month and a half ealr and we had everything in the house but nothing set up for her, I kept telling my hubby thta my hubby could come earlier and she did.

I'd love to, but unfortunately I have no control here, I'm not allowed to do anything at all but sit here and annoy everyone else :lol:

Sofia was a preemie? How long did you two have to stay in the hospital?

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks for the input ladies :)

Congrats on the new job for Luis!! :thumbs:

I like all the stories about Sofia and her love for water :wub:

Nessa, Good luck! I bet teaching "no" can be a real challenge!

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Maybe you can give him some toys or kitchen utensils to play with

1977322632_97a45b6f52.jpg

:unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Dropping to say Hello to the mommies here!

What is this sharp pain I feel on the right side of my tailbone (as well as general back ache)? My hunch is sciatic nerve?

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Dropping to say Hello to the mommies here!

What is this sharp pain I feel on the right side of my tailbone (as well as general back ache)? My hunch is sciatic nerve?

I would say "ding, ding, ding". I think that is correct. I highly suggest wearing a nice girdle (like the body shapers underwear) that keeps you "in". It should help with the pain. All the best!

Edited by Staashi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Nessa: the tooth brushing was a challenge for us too. I made it fun and now he loves to brush. I ask him to say AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH, so he does that, then I ask him to say EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, so I can brush the front upper and lower teeth. I sometimes sing "This is the way we brush our teeth, brush our teeth, brush our teeth, this is the way we brush our teeth lalala" he loves it. And I make sure to brush my teeth in front of him. He loves to copy everything we do. I believe if you use a lot of praise for the right behaviors is a good way to get them to comply with chores and boring stuff.

Saying NO: I tell him pulling electric cords, touching dangerous stuff/hot things will "bite" or give him ouchies. He totally respects that, although I may have to repeat that now or then. Now Ben keeps US in check and tells us what not to touch and how to act etc. :lol:

Dentist: Ben is almost 2, his pediatrician checks his teeth at the well baby visits and he was happy with the way they looked at the last visit. I asked my dentist and she said not to come in until he is at least 3 y.o. unless we see cavities or have other concerns.

Make sure that you find out whether there is fluoride in your water. My husbands entire family has bad teeth because they don't have fluoride in their water and duhhh, no one ever told them. Most american households have enough fluoride in their water, but I would check. My entire neighborhood doesn't, so we have to give Ben supplemental fluoride.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

thanks everybody. i was reading about dentist and they said u should take the baby right when they start having teeth, but some parents wait until they're 1. i think it's weird when they're so young, 3 years old seems more logical.

@vi: i know! he looks like a boy now. that picture is of him under my chair while I'm on the computer lol

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Thanks for confirming my hunch, Staashi and Autumn! I just booked an massage therapy session for tomorrow. Can't believe the pain!

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

Timeline

massage is the way to go :thumbs:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Another opinion requested from you experienced--What's your opinion on pre-natal yoga? Yay or Nay?

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Nessa,

I actually have a good customer at the bank who is a Dentist and I asked him this question bc I had heard so many different things. He said he wouldnt recommend bringing a kid to the dentist until age 3. He said the ADA recommends earlier but thats just to inform parents on good dental habits and to make sure there are no serious problems. He stated that if there were any serious problems with your childs teeth, you should be able to tell. I agree there and we wont bring Zaid until he is 3. I do not want him to be fearful and I think at this point he would not cooperate and be scared to death.

Zaid does brush his teeth. He hated it when i use to do it, now I just let him. I bought him a Spongebob spinbrush bc I figured it would help brush the places he didnt. I always brush my teeth with him and he will mock what I do. He has been doing that since about 15 months so you have a little while before you can expect that to happen. Until then I would say just give him a toothbrush and let him chew on it a bit, Zaid always use to like that and it felt good on his gums.

I just have to share that Im pretty sure I have the easiest child ever. Not only has Zaid like never woke up during the night...He is now putting himself to bed for naps and bedtime. All I have to say is "Zaid go night night" and he plants a kiss on me, goes to his big boy bed, lays down and closes his eyes. Hes done this for about 5 days now and Im just so impressed. :) Proud mama moment :)

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Kel, love ya but I am so flipping you off right now :P

Seriously, that is awesome about Zaid. I am so jealous, as Declan's sleep has been awful lately. He had been sick which affected his routine and now it is hard for him to get back into it. This week, he has been getting out of bed and either standing at the baby gate screaming or going and playing with is toys. Argh!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png