Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
so i went to the doctor and she said YAZ is obviously not working for me and maybe i should take something like mirena. so i'll have a pelvic u/s to see how's everything in there and then make an appointment with anoth doctor to decide on a new BC. I don't like the idea of a BC that gives me irregular period or no period at all, because i like knowing i'm not pregnant, i like having a period every 28-30 days instead of not having a period for 3 months and not being sure if that's normal or if i'm pregnant. i could never live like that, thinking what if i'm pregnant and i'm having wine tonight, or i'm taking a strong medication, you know?

Nessa - I totally love Mirena, but I can see your point. Why not go the easiest, least invasive BC for you...have Charles get a vasectomy. :whistle::whistle::whistle::thumbs: My mother said that when my father got his it was the best gift ever to her. Just my two cents. :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Staashi: Completely agree! When we're done having kids, that's what's going to happen. It's safe and easy!

I yesterday bought two zippered sweaters at Gymboree for $13 (had 20% off coupon). Their sales rack is full of cool stuff currently. :)

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
not anymore. With overtime and at top pay I think he is doing equally and with overtime better than a suffolk county cop. They adjusted his pay about 18 months ago. Although he is much busier and has to deal with a lot crazier people (not that everybody in suffolk is sane, haha). Since then we have decided to suck it up and stay near NYC because no other PD has the same pay rate/retirement/benefits/overtime scale and he would have to start over with the academy and all that. If he gets into highway (there is a Queens division, so there is my only hope we'll end up in LI)

The only place that would give him credit for his time are the state troopers which was what he initially had hoped to be doing, but the salary is also less than what he is doing now and less chances of getting promoted. He went to a special operations unit 2 years ago and loves it because he doesn't have to wear a uniform every day. If I wasn't so afraid of wrestling and touching dirty people, I would probably be a cop too! lol.

That's great! Most city cops are wayyy underpaid. Sounds like he's doing awesome! To be honest, I've always thought the city cops were much nicer guys in general :lol: A lot of them are Long Islanders who wait and wait on the waiting list for Suffolk and never get in.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello mommies! Sorry for the lack of participation. Until the end of the next semester (when I graduate!) I will be super busy.

I'm leading a project at work to establish a lactation program (private rooms for pumping +flex time) and I wanted to get your input. Does your workplace have a program like this, and what did you like/ not like about it? (I have tons of info from Medela, LLL, Texas DSHS, etc, looking for personal input!)

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
That's great! Most city cops are wayyy underpaid. Sounds like he's doing awesome! To be honest, I've always thought the city cops were much nicer guys in general :lol: A lot of them are Long Islanders who wait and wait on the waiting list for Suffolk and never get in.

ha thanks. He is doing ok, but they adjusted the pay for all I think. a year or so after my husband started they went down with the pay for the new rookie cops to $25,000/year. That is ridiculous. you cannot even rent an apartment in NYC for that. I am so glad that this has never affected us, but these guys now get a decent paycheck too, especially after they hit top pay. I think my husband took the suffolk county test a few years ago, because of the money, but there is no big difference anymore, which is good. I think if you get pulled over and you are nice and appologetic you can get away with a lot with the cops. :innocent:

@Caro: wow cool, good luck with that and school! I'm in my last semester too. It's crazy but just a few more weeks til graduation. hang in there.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

In my workplace, I would have NO where to pump. My bank is inside of a grocery store and my office is visible from all sides, not to mention under video surveillance 24/7.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline
In my workplace, I would have NO where to pump. My bank is inside of a grocery store and my office is visible from all sides, not to mention under video surveillance 24/7.

I work for the gov't but there's no real "closed" offices, and our breakrooms are all open, they call them canteens and there's no fridge. I am going to bring my iPod and pump in the car and listen to tunes. I like hanging in my car anyway, I used to take my breaks in there. No one can bother you in your car, they can come and find you in the breakroom :lol: The pump I got was the Medela Pump in Style and it has a cooler bag I'll keep the bottles in there with ice packs, and it's always freezing in my office anyhow so they'll be fine until I get them home.

This is the plan!

Luis got a new job today :dance: It pays more and it's more along the lines of what he did in Peru. It's the overnight shift too which works for us.

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Susita@ Congrats to Luis!!! and a few more weeks,do you have everyhting ready for the baby?

Caro@ I wish I can help, I'm a SAHM.

I took Sofia swimming last Sunday and of course she had a blast, she got so tired that she slept through the night, first time since she was born. :thumbs:

Next Monday is my hubby's B-day and 4 days later is Sofia's, it's gonna be a crazy week :wacko: ,lots of work for mami.

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello mommies! Sorry for the lack of participation. Until the end of the next semester (when I graduate!) I will be super busy.

I'm leading a project at work to establish a lactation program (private rooms for pumping +flex time) and I wanted to get your input. Does your workplace have a program like this, and what did you like/ not like about it? (I have tons of info from Medela, LLL, Texas DSHS, etc, looking for personal input!)

Caro

We all have our own office here at my work. Most of the doors dont have lock though but mine does. So I can just close my door and pump. We also have flex time policy and I love it!

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Timeline
Susita@ Congrats to Luis!!! and a few more weeks,do you have everyhting ready for the baby?

NO! :lol: I have everything we need for the baby but nothing is set up yet because we are re-tiling the floor and painting and moving things to different rooms and everything. My mom owns the house and has been procrastinating about everything and she finally realizes I've only got a month left so now finally things are getting done. Luis has been willing to do the work but we needed my mom to get the ball rolling. (She had things stored in our spare room in our apartment - bookshelves, rubbermaid bins, etc etc) that she didn't know what to do with and just kept putting it off. Just my luck, right?

So maybe we'll have the tile work done this weekend, the painting next week, and the baby's furniture set up the week after :lol: right in time for her to be born! It's not a big deal really since we have the bassinet next to our bed and that's all she's going to really need in the beginning.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i used this lady's office. she has 2 offices, one next to the other and one she uses for storage. it has windows with blinds, and she let me use it. i didn't like the fact that everyone that works here knew what i was doing there, it was kind of weird having my breasts out at work lol

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

a few questions, u guys:

1 - Ben goes under the computer desk when we're on the computer and pulls the keyboard cord. So I move him out and say ''nao (no in portuguese)'' and he throws a fit, cries and tries to keep going back under the desk. he always does that, i move him out and he starts crying and going back under the desk. so i keep moving him, then i look to the computer and ignore his crying. what else should i do? am i doing the right thing? what can i do for him to understand that's a no no place?

2 - when i try to brush his teeth he cries and yells like i'm hurting him. but i'm using a soft brush, with that toothpaste for babies in training without fluoride and all. i brush for like 10 seconds not more than that cuz he just doesn't let me. what do you guys do to make them let u brush their teeth?

3 - when did u first take them to the dentist?

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Nessa:

1: It's normal behaviour. He wants your attention, no matter if good or bad. Maybe you can give him some toys or kitchen utensils to play with or get a desk with doors so he can't open them to get onto the wires.

2: Also normal, Allie screams bloody murder when I brush her teeth. Adam did it too but he got used to it after a while. Keep doing what you're doing, he'll get used to it.

3: With Adam I went when he was 12 months, Allie is now 19 months and I still haven't been. I guess I will wait another 6 months to go with her.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Nessa@ OMG Ben is so big now, he looks like a big boy, where did our babies go? I'm starting to miss the baby stage but at the same time I'm enjoying Sofia more. Sofis does the same thing, when she is doing something that she shouldn't be doing and we correct her she start throwing herself back and moves her head NO-NO-No from one side ot the other and starts screaming. When she calms down we just give her something else to play with , but I know what you mean, my kid looks posesed whe she is in the middle of her tantrum. Sofia laughs when we are brushing her teeth and she tries to bite the toothbrush.

Susita@ Hurry Up mamma!!! My baby came a month and a half ealr and we had everything in the house but nothing set up for her, I kept telling my hubby thta my hubby could come earlier and she did.

sofsmile-1.jpg