Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Kelly: I have a love-hate-relationship with Marshalls too. It looks unorganized and you really have to dig around, it can be a little ghetto around christmas time, but on the other hand I love the deals. Last year I bought Ben a pair of Levi's jeans for $7 and a Polo Winter Coat for $12. When I was Pregnant I got a boppy pillow with 2 covers for $20. A Halo sleeping bag for $3, and a JJCole Bundle Me for$15 on sale. It even beats the second hand childrens store in CT. Hey and my absolute favorite--- I found a 7 for all mankind jeans for under $70!

I also really like baby gap for clothes now that I have to shop for a toddler. They always have sales and we have an outlet near us, it's not all black and blue for boys, they have really nice stuff. Ben was playing in the mud last week and rock climbing in the yard and the clothes came out of the wash like brandnew.

Nizzy: they have TJMaxx and another store that is just like Marshalls and TJMaxx in VA. I just can't remember what it was called.... dang. When I was an Au pair I used to buy all the birthday and christmas gifts for my relatives in Germany at that place (usually Fossil and Hilfiger wallets.) They thought i spent a fortune, but they really only cost me $15 a piece. :innocent: shipping was more expensive, hehehe.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I love Baby Gap too. By far, the best deals I get are at Gymboree and I love their clothes. Marshalls and TJ Maxx great to shop at, if you are in the mood. Ross is even worse! But, the deals are there to be had!

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

so i went to the doctor and she said YAZ is obviously not working for me and maybe i should take something like mirena. so i'll have a pelvic u/s to see how's everything in there and then make an appointment with anoth doctor to decide on a new BC. I don't like the idea of a BC that gives me irregular period or no period at all, because i like knowing i'm not pregnant, i like having a period every 28-30 days instead of not having a period for 3 months and not being sure if that's normal or if i'm pregnant. i could never live like that, thinking what if i'm pregnant and i'm having wine tonight, or i'm taking a strong medication, you know?

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Twila, maybe Im doing something wrong but i NEVER find deals on clothes at Gymboree. Childrens Place online has some good sales. I got 5$ polos which was pretty cheap in my opinion.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Zaidsmommy: Sign up for Gymboree coupons, they come like every 8 weeks. And here they have sales all the time...

TjMaxx and Ross are super unorganized, the first time I was in those stores I was like heck NO. But if you have some time you will find great deals on everything there. Baby clothes are cheapo there. But around here they start at size 4 or 6 for adults so I don't even bother looking at the stuff, it's all huge on me. And those teenie things are just, well, hm, "coin slot jeans" and "####### shirts" (they start at size 1). Anyways, the bathroom items and sheets and comforter sets there are very nice too (brand items, super low priced!).

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Gymboree is ALWAYS having a sale, they have a "frequent flier club" and send you coupons and heads-up on sales, you can earn Gym-bucks during special times which usually gives you at least $25 off your next $50 purchase during a specified time. The Children's Place Outlet usually has PHENOMENAL sales....I have gotten pj's for $1 (I don't care if it has a Christmas pattern or bright orange...they are just pj's).

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Kelly: I have a love-hate-relationship with Marshalls too. It looks unorganized and you really have to dig around, it can be a little ghetto around christmas time, but on the other hand I love the deals. Last year I bought Ben a pair of Levi's jeans for $7 and a Polo Winter Coat for $12. When I was Pregnant I got a boppy pillow with 2 covers for $20. A Halo sleeping bag for $3, and a JJCole Bundle Me for$15 on sale. It even beats the second hand childrens store in CT. Hey and my absolute favorite--- I found a 7 for all mankind jeans for under $70!

I also really like baby gap for clothes now that I have to shop for a toddler. They always have sales and we have an outlet near us, it's not all black and blue for boys, they have really nice stuff. Ben was playing in the mud last week and rock climbing in the yard and the clothes came out of the wash like brandnew.

Nizzy: they have TJMaxx and another store that is just like Marshalls and TJMaxx in VA. I just can't remember what it was called.... dang. When I was an Au pair I used to buy all the birthday and christmas gifts for my relatives in Germany at that place (usually Fossil and Hilfiger wallets.) They thought i spent a fortune, but they really only cost me $15 a piece. :innocent: shipping was more expensive, hehehe.

are you talking about Ross or Ajwright

Timeline

We have an AJWright here too. I have never been there but alot of people say you can get some good deals there.

I signed up for Gymboree club but all it said was every 250$ I spent I would receive a 5$ off coupon. I did look at their website and saw the cutest outfit. It was 26$ for the shorts, 26$ dollars for the polo and 26$ for the vest and those were the sale prices. 78$ for an outfit is CRAZY!!!! Maybe ill venture into the actual store one day and check it out.

I found most of Zaids spring clothes at Childrens Place and Carters. I got a ton of solid polos for 5$ each and a pair of coordinating Plaid shorts for 7$ from JCPenney(he is the cutest in outfits like that) At Carters I got lots of tshirts and a couple mesh soccer looking sets for very cheap. I also REALLY love Carters 50% off sales for pajamas. Zaid is soooo into dinosaurs right now and tons of the jammies there are dinosaur theme. The 2 piece thin ones are perfect for summer with the air condition being on and the fleece zipups are perfect for winter.

I do still go to Once Upon a Child occasionally but Im learning not everything there is a "Deal" Most of their brand name shirts and tops are anywhere from 4$ to 8$ and thats generally what I pay for it brand new. I did get 2 spring jackets there for 6$ each, one Carters and one Gap so that was a steal!

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

ooohhh I have a week from hell ahead of me-- 1 midterm, 1 final, 1 clinical with a RN manager, 1 case study due tomorrow, pack for our vacation and now....... Mr. Ben is sick. He has had this croupy cough for a few weeks and yesterday he coughed so hard, it made him throw up every single time. And last night the sniffles and the fever started.. :( I was up with him all night. So I guess he can't go to daycare tomorrow. I bet he will be healthy and happy by friday (when our plane leaves) and mommy&daddy are sick.

@Nessa: I understand what you are saying, I think it would bother me too. Have you told your ob/gyn about your concerns? Maybe they can switch you to a different pill, instead of Mirena. Not everyone has irregular cycles with an IUD, but maybe you can bring up your concerns about it at your ultrasound appointment and they can give you some more information on it or discuss some alternatives with you.

@Nizzy: YES! Ross! duh!!! I've been trying so hard to remember what that place was called, haha!! thank you!

I don't know why but I can't really find clothes at gymboree. I like the children's place jammies but that's it. I love the stuff they have for girls but the boys clothes all look the same or they are way too expensive. I was looking for winter boots for Ben last fall and they had 30 different boots for girls but NONE for boys. We have 2 outlets near us but I just don't even like the prices and the clothes at the outlet. I have bought some cute things from the oshkosh outlet. Isn't oshkosh "related" to gymboree? I ended up buying the boots there but they are so stiff, he can hardly walk in them.

ETA: Anna: some Marshalls have a petite section, have you looked there? Haha, I agree, a lot of the adult clothes are kinda ghetto. lol boobies shirt.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

Stef, I think Osh Kosh is off of Carters. Whenever I go to Carters they give me a 2 sided coupon and the other side is osh kosh. I dont know where any of those are around me though.

I hope Ben feels better soon. Zaids croupe cleared up after a week (he was on steroids for 3 days) and after another week the runny nose ended. Its that time of year unfortunately.

Where are you guys going on vaca? Take some Airborne or some echinacea. I did get sick from Zaids croupe and it was hell, and just sinus congestion. I hope this week goes by quick for ya.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline
Stef, I think Osh Kosh is off of Carters. Whenever I go to Carters they give me a 2 sided coupon and the other side is osh kosh. I dont know where any of those are around me though.

I hope Ben feels better soon. Zaids croupe cleared up after a week (he was on steroids for 3 days) and after another week the runny nose ended. Its that time of year unfortunately.

Where are you guys going on vaca? Take some Airborne or some echinacea. I did get sick from Zaids croupe and it was hell, and just sinus congestion. I hope this week goes by quick for ya.

oooh now you sound just like my Mother in Law!! :lol: but I hate to admit, that stuff really really helps! I have been a good girl and already took the echinacea, but I really dread the taste of airborne. Ben was nebulizing with steroids for 4 weeks december-january and was cough free for 1 month. Now it just starts all over. But as long as the fever is down he is running around like the energizer bunny. We are flying down to Atlanta and we will visit south carolina and north carolina. My husband has friends near Wilmington in NC that he hasn't seen in forever. They have 2 little kids Ben's age which should be fun! So it should be a nice trip and I still have my hopes up that I can get him to consider quitting the NYPD and moving down south. haha. :innocent:

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
oooh now you sound just like my Mother in Law!! :lol: but I hate to admit, that stuff really really helps! I have been a good girl and already took the echinacea, but I really dread the taste of airborne. Ben was nebulizing with steroids for 4 weeks december-january and was cough free for 1 month. Now it just starts all over. But as long as the fever is down he is running around like the energizer bunny. We are flying down to Atlanta and we will visit south carolina and north carolina. My husband has friends near Wilmington in NC that he hasn't seen in forever. They have 2 little kids Ben's age which should be fun! So it should be a nice trip and I still have my hopes up that I can get him to consider quitting the NYPD and moving down south. haha. :innocent:

You should get hubby to take the test for Suffolk County PD since you love Long Island so much :lol:

They get paid INSANE amounts of money.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline
You should get hubby to take the test for Suffolk County PD since you love Long Island so much :lol:

They get paid INSANE amounts of money.

not anymore. With overtime and at top pay I think he is doing equally and with overtime better than a suffolk county cop. They adjusted his pay about 18 months ago. Although he is much busier and has to deal with a lot crazier people (not that everybody in suffolk is sane, haha). Since then we have decided to suck it up and stay near NYC because no other PD has the same pay rate/retirement/benefits/overtime scale and he would have to start over with the academy and all that. If he gets into highway (there is a Queens division, so there is my only hope we'll end up in LI)

The only place that would give him credit for his time are the state troopers which was what he initially had hoped to be doing, but the salary is also less than what he is doing now and less chances of getting promoted. He went to a special operations unit 2 years ago and loves it because he doesn't have to wear a uniform every day. If I wasn't so afraid of wrestling and touching dirty people, I would probably be a cop too! lol.

Kelly: ha thanks! If your winter was any better than ours I'd consider it! I have never been to Chicago, I have always wanted to go visit, since I had to do a report on that city in 7th grade english class.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008