Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I gained 9lbs in one month towards the end, my midwife didn't seem concerned since my BP was fine and I passed the gest diabetes test. But the first few months I didn't gain much, so maybe that's why she didn't care. She is a certified nurse midwife who works with a OBGYN/Chief Surgeon in the same office. When I had to get a C-section, my midwife was one of the assistants during surgery with my OBGYN so they really worked together which I liked.

Anya, I hope things will smooth out for you! I don't think you should be scared if your BP is fine and you'll find out about gest diabetes after your test too. Just be aware and I am sure they will guide you the right way. Some women gain a whole lot during pregnancy without issues, while it causes issues for others.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I gained 10 lbs between a month's appointment, but it was no big deal. my blood pressure was good, my glucose, everything was fine. I just started to watch what I was eating after that, cuz it was when I went to brazil and i did eat like a cow. So I just went back to drinking at least 2 Liters of water a day, eating healthy, lots of fruits, vegetables, lean meat, less fattening food and that did it for me. i couldn't exercise cuz I had 0 energy i was extremely fatigued, but watching my diet helped.

the thing is, as long as you're healthy, you develop no gestational diabetes and your baby is growing fine, there's no need in obsessing with what shows on the scale

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Moms: Marshalls has organic Vitamin gummy bears on sale. I bought some today and they also have fiber gummy bears (hoping that they will help a little with Ben's constipation). They have some other organic stuff for those of you who don't have access to organic stuff. And did I mention german coffee for $5? :)

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

sounds awesome

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Moms: Marshalls has organic Vitamin gummy bears on sale. I bought some today and they also have fiber gummy bears (hoping that they will help a little with Ben's constipation). They have some other organic stuff for those of you who don't have access to organic stuff. And did I mention german coffee for $5? :)

what kind of german coffee?

I'm addicted to dallmyers.....

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
What is Marshalls?

do you have a TJ Maxx by you? If so, it's like that. It's a store that buys all the brand name surplus that doesn't sell in the department stores & you can get REALLY good deals there :thumbs:

Went to the doc today, amniotic fluid levels went back up to normal. Doc is happy :) However, he's keeping me on modified bedrest because he says that's working and I still have to drink endless amounts of water every day. O well.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
what kind of german coffee?

I'm addicted to dallmyers.....

YES!! It's dallmayers! They are kind of small but i think almost cheaper than if you buy them in Germany! I have been buying coffee there for a long time but then they didn't have it for a while. Now dallmayer is back! They also always have jelly beans (the good kind) really cheap, I'm so addicted to those!

Kel: You can buy everything at Marshalls, the "food" aisle is just 1 short aisle but they sometimes have some really awesome stuff from other countries and organic food for less. I used to buy a lot of baby clothes there and they now even sell carseats and equipment. They had a maclaren stroller there the other day for under $80.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes. We have TJMaxx....I never really shopped there bc it seems like a very unorganized store and hard to find things. My aunt did just mention that she found Zaid a Nike sweatsuit for like 8$ there so maybe ill have to check it out.

mmmmm Coffee. My visitor is gone so we are back to TTC so I guess I should quit the 3 large coffees a day lol. I think Im gonna start drinking a ridiculous amount of water and not drink anything else. Ive been drinking alot of decaffienated tea and vitamin waters but they have alot of sugar. My neighbor just cut out all liquids except water 6 weeks ago and has lost 12lbs since. uuugh I wish. I cant wait til its warm and daylight savings so we can go back to our walks after dinner time.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

glad to hear it, susita. it's getting close.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline
mmmmm Coffee. My visitor is gone so we are back to TTC so I guess I should quit the 3 large coffees a day lol. I think Im gonna start drinking a ridiculous amount of water and not drink anything else. Ive been drinking alot of decaffienated tea and vitamin waters but they have alot of sugar. My neighbor just cut out all liquids except water 6 weeks ago and has lost 12lbs since. uuugh I wish. I cant wait til its warm and daylight savings so we can go back to our walks after dinner time.

I still have a cup of coffee every morning :blush: I couldn't in the first trimester because I was so nauseas all the time, but the doc says one cup a day is fine. The rest of the day I drink water, and one glass of OJ.

One month left. I'm so done being pregnant :lol:

Timeline

Susita I drank coffee with zaid too but the biggest thing for me is I'm really trying to shed a few lbs before getting pregnant. I drink my coffees large with extra cream and sugar. Lots lots lots of calories there....

How exciting that u only have a month left!! Are the boys so excited to be big brothers??

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline
Susita I drank coffee with zaid too but the biggest thing for me is I'm really trying to shed a few lbs before getting pregnant. I drink my coffees large with extra cream and sugar. Lots lots lots of calories there....

How exciting that u only have a month left!! Are the boys so excited to be big brothers??

Yeah Jonathan is super excited, Joseph could care less either way :lol: It's their personalities, Jonathan either gets really excited about something or really pissed about it - total extremes. Joe goes with the flow on almost everything. He's more like me. We're "whatever" people. :lol:

The sun is out and it's 50 outside today. I wish I could take them out, but with this bedrest thing I can't do anything :(

When Luis gets back from class I'm going to see if he'll take them out on their scooters or bikes. It's too nice of a day to waste.

Edited by Susita

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Yes. We have TJMaxx....I never really shopped there bc it seems like a very unorganized store and hard to find things. My aunt did just mention that she found Zaid a Nike sweatsuit for like 8$ there so maybe ill have to check it out.

It might seem unorganized but you sure do great deals on children's two piece outfits. I found Kenneth Cole and Nike two pieces for Eman on sale for under 10 bucks...and they have nice shoes for the kiddos as well...When I was in Chicago I went to Marshalls but had never been to a TJmaxx until I moved to Virginia. They seem like they are very similar.

I used to be addicted to half and half in my coffee but I managed to wean myself off...hehe...now I can't have coffee with anything else except soy creamer...

Timeline

Oh god. I LOVE half and half I really need to start using fat free creamer but its just not the same.

Marshalls? God i just cant seem to think where one is. I guess Ill go google it now. I really dont venture out of my places to shop but maybe I should start.

P.S. Got Zaid a pair of Nike gym shoes, Nike sandals, and Brown casual sandals today from Kohls. 45$ for all 3 pairs. I felt like I struck gold with that deal!! I LOVE KOHLS!

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png