Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

going to the doctor tomorrow. got my period again. it's coming every other week. so when it's almost over i start PMSing again. I feel really sorry about Charles living with someone like me.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Aww Nessa, hope you feel better soon and get it resolved.

Susita - Hope the bed rest helps and your fluid increases. I can't imagine how tough bed rest has got to be with 2 active kids.

About grandparents - Declan sees my mom a fair amount. My mom lives in CT for the summers and FL for the winters. When she is in CT, we see each other often because it is only a 4 hour drive from her house to mine. This year, she realized she was going to miss Declan, so as our Xmas present, she gave us a trip to visit her in FL. She is also coming to visit for a week in mid-March. It is so great when she is here, not only because I love seeing her, but also because she is such a help with Declan. We don't have family where we live and only have a couple of options for babysitting, so we try to take advantage and get a date when my mom visits.

My dad is another story .... he is afraid of the responsibility and won't even watch Declan for me to go to the bathroom! Drives me nuts, but that is just the way he is.

My hubby's parents haven't seen Declan as much, since they live in Western Canada. They came after he was born, and he visited them when he was 8 months. They see pics we post on Facebook, and when they call, Declan talks to them for a minute or two. I wish we were closer, because I would love for them to spend more time with their grandson.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
:crying::crying: Sorry but I'm so sad, I gain 9 lbas since last appointment with my midwife :crying: she told me I have to slow it down.. dang.. I know!! it's so hard though :(

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Anya, I dont want to put you down but 9lbs is alot of weight to gain in a month. Are you eating excessively? You dont need to eat a ton extra as long as you have a well balanced diet your baby will be fine.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline
Anya, I dont want to put you down but 9lbs is alot of weight to gain in a month. Are you eating excessively? You dont need to eat a ton extra as long as you have a well balanced diet your baby will be fine.

I eat the same as I usually eat - only more water. I didnt change my eating habit as the previous month. I was actually eating a lot more sweet in the previous month than the last. I dont know..I deffinately need to do something. :(

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Anya ~ everybody is different, I didn't gain anything at the beginning and then all of a sudden I gained 8lbs in one month. I haven't gained a lot of weight at all in this pregnancy at all except for that one month. Weird.

Good luck, eat healthy, keep yourself hydrated & you'll be fine :thumbs:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Nessa: good luck, I'm glad you're going to the doc. Is it heavy bleeding? That must be so annoying, every other week....

@Anya: don't go crazy over this. I think I gained 8 lbs once- do they weigh you wearing clothes? I always wore "light" clothing when I had to step on the scale, and made sure to go pee in the cup BEFORE getting weighed, haha. No jewelry, empty pockets, heavy pants/accessories. Kinda paranoid but I wanted to get rid of the "extra" weight. If your weight was ok before you got pregnant and there are no issues with gestational diabetes don't sweat it itoo much. Don't diet unless you get the ok from the doctor. Just make sure you eat healthy. I gained a lot one month, then maybe 0.5 lb the next, then a LOT the next month etc. I gained a total of 50lbs, and lost it very fast.

Do you have problems with edema/water retention?

Susita: take it easy, hope you get better!

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I would not worry anya. My doc told me I gained too much on one of my monthly checkups, but it was not a consistent gain. I gained a lot one month and barely anything in another. And towards the end, I pretty much stayed the same up until I gave birth. It will slow down. As you said, you haven't been eating more than usual so you should be fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
going to the doctor tomorrow. got my period again. it's coming every other week. so when it's almost over i start PMSing again. I feel really sorry about Charles living with someone like me.

i figured you just really hated me, like everyone else on vj :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
i figured you just really hated me, like everyone else on vj :hehe:

you are a nice guy Charles. Anyone who hates you is a poopie head. :angry:

Nessa ~ hope you feel better. I had problems like that when the boys were babies too. It was a nightmare. I tried all different kinds of birth control & home remedies, etc... but the only thing that worked for me was the depo provera shot.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline

Thanks ladies,

I have been gaining about 5 lbs every month since I stoped having morning sickness, so I've been packing up pounds :unsure:

I'm going to try to limit some carbs and empty sugar since it doesnt help in growing the baby anyway. will see if that slow me down a bit.

I dont usually drink a lot of water (about 24oz a day pre pregnancy) so now trying to get ~60oz a day is killing me. I know it's duing the 'jump' period (24 weeks) but if I dont watch out, I might be gaining about the same next week and I wouldnt be happy about that.

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Anya, although you're seeing a midwife, I would highly advise you to see a true OB/GYN. You should have them check to make sure that you're not falling into the gestational diabetes trap, which is possible with your weight gain. Furthermore, you will want to have them do an accurate and maybe get multiple readings of your blood pressure as you don't want to run any risks of pre-eclampsia, which can be the silent killer during pregnancy.

Major weight gain during pregnancy isn't normal and any doctor, nurse or midwife who condones it or lets it slide is not doing any favors for the pregnant woman. Moreover, you should consult with the OB to give you a good eating plan for your pregnancy, which INCLUDES carbs such as high-fiber, whole grain foods, lots of veggies and fruit, good dairy sources and protein. Your baby and you need all those good food sources, and sweets and junk foods should be the last one one on your list. When I was pregnant, I tried to be good 90-95% of the time - but I had to do it. I was an insulin dependent diabetic and taking major shots of insulin based on my carbs was not something I really wanted to do. I had a standard cc amount of insulin to take when I ate "healthy" foods, but I would have to up the count when I wanted to eat something white or sweet. It helped me to make a conscientious choice about what I was putting in my mouth.

Please know, I am not trying to scare you, just forewarn you of your delicate situation. Pregnant women walk a super fine line of healthy vs non-healthy pregnancy. Small things that women do can have a huge impact on their pregnancy. Not heeding potential warning signs and not having a solid nutritional foundation to guide you through these last few months is bluntly: dangerous. Just sayin'.

I wish you a very happy, healthy pregnancy. Get some nutritional counseling and these things should be able to sort themselves out. :thumbs:

PS - Water is your friend. The baby needs it for good amniotic fluid levels. You might need to check out your salt intake through processed foods because that could cause you to retain water.

Edited by Staashi

Timeline

Thanks Staashi. I'll be doing the gestational diabetes test next visit. My blood pressure is fine (up only a few points from the begining) so i thikn that's why she wasnt so worried. Thank you for your advice!! I really appreciate it.

I say I have to watch my carb becasue I eat a rice base diet and to make it healthier, I should change it to brown rice so I can have some fiber and more vitamin (white rice is just that - carb) So I will try my hardest to stay away from indulging myself in ice cream and brownies :blush: I baked brownies the night before my appointment, today I brough all my left over brownies to work so I dont eat it all!! :devil: Also I eat ALOT of fruits and not enough vegetable.. I should also switch that around :blush:

And yes, salt intake... ergggg i love salty food :crying:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You