Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

That's okay... I went to college in Georgia for a year (not my thing)... Everyone thought when I said NY I meant NYC. I would say no, I'm from Long Island, it's like 1 hour away from the city. Do you know how many people asked me if I knew anybody from the Wu Tang Clan?? Or if I'd ever seen anyone get shot? I think they kept confusing Staten Island with Long Island :blink: .

For us 'downstaters' everything north of the Bronx is upstate. :lol:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Susita@ That's so true, we hang out alot in Westchester and as you said everything above the Bx is UPSTATE.

Chnst@ you gotta take it easy, as you said, you have to relax then things will happen, good luck!

Today I got a call from a Focus Groups, they are offering $400 for a two day focus group in Manhattan, I wish I have somebody to babysit I have a feeling that my in laws are going to say NO , wish my mami was here to help me :(

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi ladies,

I'm starting to look into a day care right now (will need it around mid Sept) and wondering what everyone's perfer - a day care that's close to home or the one that's close to work (givien both are about the same in everything and you like both)

Also, I'm 24 weeks and I'm quite huge!! I gained 20 lbs so far (I know I've complained about this before) but wondering how many did you gain and is it easy to lose it after? My belly is also huge though (have short body, long leg - so actually i look quite short if I sit next to a friend who is the same hight lol) I always feel pressure when I breath and I basicly have to be streight most of the time or it's hard to breath..(but ehn I get back ache) has anybody experienced this and how didyou deal with it?

:(

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

the one that's close to work, just in case something happens while you're at work and u have to leave to pick up the baby, which happened to me more than 5 times since I came back to work.

I gained 38 lbs.

pre-pregnancy: 134

end pregnancy: 172

5 days after birth: 174 (yes i was fatter after giving birth)

1 week: 164 (yes, i ''lost'' 10 lbs in 2 days)

2 weeks: 155

3 weeks: 150

4 weeks: 149

5 weeks: 146

6 weeks: 148

7 weeks: 143

8 weeks: 142

9 weeks: 143

10 weeks: 140

11 weeks: 139

12 weeks: 138

13 weeks: 137

14 weeks: 136

15 weeks: 134 pre-pregnancy weight back in 15 weeks

Edited by Nessa

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

NYers: lol, we live ein upper Westchester/Putnam border and it's so true, most NYC people think its upstate. My school is 4 hours north from Westchester in the boonies, so to me that's the real upstate.. :lol: Ha, Long Island and Staten Island, that's funny too!! Susita, do you have to commute to NYC? I love LI, but the commute is a nightmare, that's the only reason why we don't live there.

Anya: Ben's daycare is on my campus and its perfect because I can check on him whenever I want in my breaks and like Nessa said its close enough to pick him up just in case. You can combine taking your baby to daycare on your way to work and safe time.

Vi: what's a focus group? That's really sad that your in-laws wouldn't even babysit for you..

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline
NYers: lol, we live ein upper Westchester/Putnam border and it's so true, most NYC people think its upstate. My school is 4 hours north from Westchester in the boonies, so to me that's the real upstate.. :lol: Ha, Long Island and Staten Island, that's funny too!! Susita, do you have to commute to NYC? I love LI, but the commute is a nightmare, that's the only reason why we don't live there.

No, I work on Long Island, on the south shore in western suffolk, so instead of having to go east or west on the expressway, I just drive south because I live on the north shore. There's no traffic either at all since I go into work at 6 am and I'm out by 3. The only problem is the school buses :wacko: . I work for the fed. gov't and I've been on furlough for a few months so I've gotten to be a stay at home mom, and I think I'm going to miss it quite a bit when I have to go back to work after the baby's born :(

Vi ~ I would babysit for you if I were in the Bronx!! :star: Sorry to hear about the in-laws. Some relatives are just BLAH. My mom will complain sometimes (two crazy 5-year-olds is a lot of work) :lol: but she wouldn't say no unless she had a really good reason to.

Timeline

Chnst@ It's a meeting where you get to answer questions and discuss your thoughts and feelings about differente products. Pretty easy way to make money. It's official the in laws won't babysit, it's too much for them :bonk::angry: , I don't know why did I bothered asking...

Susita@ thank you girl! it's sad, I called my parents and told them and they will jump for the opportunity to spend some time with Sofia

Sofia threw a tantrum coming back from the supermarket and lost one of her new shoes , I'm not liking this so much

sofsmile-1.jpg

Timeline
Chnst@ It's a meeting where you get to answer questions and discuss your thoughts and feelings about differente products. Pretty easy way to make money. It's official the in laws won't babysit, it's too much for them :bonk::angry: , I don't know why did I bothered asking...

Susita@ thank you girl! it's sad, I called my parents and told them and they will jump for the opportunity to spend some time with Sofia

Sofia threw a tantrum coming back from the supermarket and lost one of her new shoes , I'm not liking this so much

The boys used to lose shoes & socks all the time. 90% of the time I would find them :lol:

What does Sil say about mom & pops? I find it so strange that they won't babysit for you. :( My family is good with the kids, especially my grandma... but it is true, in Peru they always offer to help with everything more than here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Vi,

Does Sil's parents have other grandchildren? And how old are they? Personally speaking neither my father or mother would ever watch Zaid. Its not that they dont love him or dont feel like helping me, its just that its been 25 years since they have delt with a baby and times have changed. Being 50+ years old and trying to manage a demanding toddler is a lot of work (its alot for me and im only 25) so I understand where my parents are coming from.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

I think it might be a cultural or family to family type thing, because my grandmother is 68 and has no problem taking care of my two crazy 5 year old boys. In fact, she's helped me with them ever since they were born. My mom is the same way, except she complains sometimes and says "these kids are insane." :lol:

My great-grandma used to help take care of me when I was little as well. It's like tradition I guess. They'd rather watch them than have someone else from outside the family do it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
the one that's close to work, just in case something happens while you're at work and u have to leave to pick up the baby, which happened to me more than 5 times since I came back to work.

I gained 38 lbs.

pre-pregnancy: 134

end pregnancy: 172

5 days after birth: 174 (yes i was fatter after giving birth)

1 week: 164 (yes, i ''lost'' 10 lbs in 2 days)

2 weeks: 155

3 weeks: 150

4 weeks: 149

5 weeks: 146

6 weeks: 148

7 weeks: 143

8 weeks: 142

9 weeks: 143

10 weeks: 140

11 weeks: 139

12 weeks: 138

13 weeks: 137

14 weeks: 136

15 weeks: 134 pre-pregnancy weight back in 15 weeks

Thanks Nessa, That actually made me feel a wee bit better about my weight :( it's very hard for me. My husband is very sweet though, he said I'm not fat, I"m just pregnant, then he rubed my feet :blush:

Yea I think the daycare closer to work will work out better, I hope they have the opening!

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Timeline

My parents are 56 each and while I was in Lima they were amazing with Sofia, they gave her baths, feed her, change diapers, took her for walks, things that the parents do :luv: .

My in laws are a mental case, the are italian and yes they are nice when we go to their house, but they NEVER come to visit us, and we lived around the corner from them. Since I moved here about 5 years ago, they came to visit us maybe 7 times, no more and not even for Sofia. They have 6 grandchildren and they all are under 6.

My MIL is closer to her other grandchidren, my mom says that is because they are the kids of her own daughter, I don't know, it's just so weird, again, it's SO UNFAIR THAT MY PARENTS CANNOT ENJOY THEIR GRANDAUGHTER :angry:

Edited by Vi Mazzella
sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Vi, do you and Sils parents butt heads about things? I mean, I recall several instances where you had issues with them. Are his parents aware of the hard feelings there? Maybe thats what is causing them to keep distance.

I can imagine it hards being the non USC and then bringing a baby into the world. Probably something you didnt imagine to be as hard as it is. I would just say you should be very grateful that your family has had several months thoughout Sofias 1st year of life to bond with her....Due to many many many reasons we just cannot take Zaid to Jordan right now( safety, health concerns, etc) and ALL of my husbands family has been denied Visas many times so My inlaws have NEVER seen Zaid and he is going on 2. Im not saying either situation is better im just saying it could be ALOT worse for you and for Sofia.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline
My parents are 56 each and while I was in Lima they were amazing with Sofia, they gave her baths, feed her, change diapers, took her for walks, things that the parents do :luv: .

My in laws are a mental case, the are italian and yes they are nice when we go to their house, but they NEVER come to visit us, and we lived around the corner from them. Since I moved here about 5 years ago, they came to visit us maybe 7 times, no more and not even for Sofia. They have 6 grandchildren and they all are under 6.

My MIL is closer to her other grandchidren, my mom says that is because they are the kids of her own daughter, I don't know, it's just so weird, again, it's SO UNFAIR THAT MY PARENTS CANNOT ENJOY THEIR GRANDAUGHTER :angry:

Vi ~ my dad's side of the family is like that. Both my grandma and my aunt live closeby but never visit the boys. I used to visit but got this odd feeling when I went there that I was inconveniencing them, so I don't do that so much anymore. They aren't mean or anything, just seem uninterested. They come for birthdays or holidays and that's it. My mom's mom comes over at least once a week. I wouldn't dare ask them to babysit.

On the other hand, my mom's family is always around, my grandma stops by at least once or twice a week and we go to her house for dinner every now and then. Different families have different dynamics I suppose.

Timeline
Vi, do you and Sils parents butt heads about things? I mean, I recall several instances where you had issues with them. Are his parents aware of the hard feelings there? Maybe thats what is causing them to keep distance.

I can imagine it hards being the non USC and then bringing a baby into the world. Probably something you didnt imagine to be as hard as it is. I would just say you should be very grateful that your family has had several months thoughout Sofias 1st year of life to bond with her....Due to many many many reasons we just cannot take Zaid to Jordan right now( safety, health concerns, etc) and ALL of my husbands family has been denied Visas many times so My inlaws have NEVER seen Zaid and he is going on 2. Im not saying either situation is better im just saying it could be ALOT worse for you and for Sofia.

That must be really hard for them :( Do they get to see Zaid on the webcam or anything? My husband hooked up a webcam at his parents house and so now he can chat with them through the webcam and his mom feels a lot better. Since his family won't be able to see the baby right away, we're going to take advantage that we have the webcam there. It's not the same, but it's something.