Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
For the moms of toddler boys. I dont know if its me or what but im soooo disappointed in preschool kids clothing. Everywhere I shopped yesterday I LOVED the clothes that only went up to size 24mos. Well Zaid is in 2t or 3t and everything im finding I dont love at all. The big kids stuff is all sports, basketballs, footballs, mesh shorts, etc Im still looking for plaid cutesy dinosaurs monkeys etc. Maybe im just not ready for my baby to be growing up lol

I've always had luck at the Children's Place and Osh Kosh outlets. Now that the boys are going to be 5, they don't want anything to do with those clothes anymore though... everything has to be superheroes... :wacko:

Trust me, you will never be ready for them to grow up. The boys start kindergarten in Sept. and I'm 100% sure I'll be crying hysterical when they get on the bus. The thought of it just gets me choked up.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Zaidsmommy: I have the same problem. All the 2t and 3t stuff (Jona has a long torso and needs 3t tops) is not cute. No more doggies, skunks and racoons. I'm not a fan of the sports attire... It's all about football and baseball and team jerseys. I try to buy the fancy stuff instead, cause it's between fancy (shirts, vests) or sports look, and I highly prefer fancy...

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Nizzy, I think Damen is in the city right? If so, no, im no where near that! lol Im about 25 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. We do have about 15 halal arab markets we could go to, they are just soooo overpriced.

Anna, Exactly!!! Im a very frugal clothes shopper. I love the Sonoma, Carters, Jumping Beans mix and match summer clothes. All the 3m-24m stuff was sooo cute, plaids and polos. All the 2t-5t stuff was mesh shorts, cotton shorts and basketball, football, etc. I know I can still go to Childrens Place and Gap and find cutesy stuff but I really just hate to pay an arm and a leg for stuff he will get juice and grass stains on this summer. I was online at Childrens Place and they had 5$ polos but of course...they had the size above and below Zaids size, not the one I needed....

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

In general, I think the boys clothing choices are HORRIBLE. You should see the size of Zak's wardrobe compared to Hana's. I even hate most of the boys shoes out there. I don't get where everything has to be so obnoxious.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

is it ok for a 10.5 months okld to have regular milk mixed in his food? i did it without even thinking I haven;'t done it before and then wasn;t sure if i was supposed to. he ahd no reaction or anything.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Nessa, we switched Zaid from formula to cows milk at 10 months and he did great. Im sure it wont be a problem. Zaid also had yogurt by 8 months and that also contains milk

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

@Nessa, my aunt works in day care and she had told me that at 10 months they started to introduce the children to milk. She told me to give him a bottle of reg milk and then his formula and keep doing that until his body adjusted. Well when I tried it, he did so well that I completely stopped formula. On the other hand, my sister-in-law still gives my nephew formula and he is 15 months old. He had a bad reaction to reg milk and the ped told her that he can continue with formula. Just monitor him and everything should be okay.

@Kelly: yeah, devon is in the city. I know, Halal places are indeed expensive. The prices of meat are outrageous compared to meat at reg stores. We get a pack of 8 hotdogs for like close to 5 bucks and at the store next door (not halal) a pack of 18 is the same price. Before I met my hubby I was relaxed in my meat eating but now out of respect for him I eat strictly halal. It's so hard when everything out there has some form of gelatin in it.

Timeline

We dont eat halal. My husband isnt strict about that and normally just says Bismallah before he eats anything. We are just extra careful about checking labels now.

Found Zaid some clothes yesterday. Went shopping with a friend and bought him some plaid shorts and solid polos from JcPenney and some TShirts and Jeans from Carters. I ended up getting about 9 full outfits for about 95$ so cant complain there. I did end up buying 3t and Im glad I did. The shirts are perfect and the shorts (alot are adjustable waits which surprised me) will be fine by May im sure (I keep forgetting we have 2-3 more months before its warm out) Cant believe my big boy is in 3t clothes now :(

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

he's been having yogurt for weeks now and at the daycare i know he's had cheese, so I guess it's all good. His ped said give formula until he's at least 1 years old, so he's been taking 1 or 2 bottles a day.

So i'm debating about his birthday party decoration, what do you guys think? my mom likes baby disney. I'm thinking madagascar...

madag.jpg

disney.jpg

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline
he's been having yogurt for weeks now and at the daycare i know he's had cheese, so I guess it's all good. His ped said give formula until he's at least 1 years old, so he's been taking 1 or 2 bottles a day.

So i'm debating about his birthday party decoration, what do you guys think? my mom likes baby disney. I'm thinking madagascar...

I love Madagascar :lol:

Those decorations are very cool by the way.

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

madag.jpg

disney.jpg

Love the madagascar!!!

I am thinking of what theme to do for Josh's 2nd birthday. Since we are in NY and he really didnt get a great big first birthday because we were in Saudi I thought of doing Spongebob again here since I can find more decor. He loves SB but he also loves anything Nick Jr or Disney. Sigh Idk, have a few mths left I suppose.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline
Love the madagascar!!!

I am thinking of what theme to do for Josh's 2nd birthday. Since we are in NY and he really didnt get a great big first birthday because we were in Saudi I thought of doing Spongebob again here since I can find more decor. He loves SB but he also loves anything Nick Jr or Disney. Sigh Idk, have a few mths left I suppose.

Where in NY are you?

There's this party store in Brooklyn that I rented costumes from ... we got Blue's Clues & Scooby Doo. They had the BEST Spongebob mascot costume. It was so much better & cheaper than hiring someone to work the party, plus I got to see my uncle make a fool of himself.

Timeline

how much would a party for 50 cost in the states? just basic stuff, food and decoration. i was going to rent one of those things children go inside and it's like a pool with a lot lot of small balls, but he's so small he won't enjoy that and there's a playground where we're having the party, i think that's enough for the kids.

this is what i'm talking about btw piscina_de_bolinha.jpg

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Nessa, we had a party of 50 - 60 and I spent about 800$ We rented a dino jump and a party tent though and the jump was 65$ and the tent was 100$ The part that got expensive was Decorations and Paperware. We will definitly try to cut that price in half if not more for Zaids 2nd birthday..

Well ladies. No luck this month. Woke up with my visitor and Im SUPER bummed and emotional. I guess I can take the next 5 days and drink caffiene liberally and go tanning a few times before we start again next week.

ETA...Nessa, when my nephew turned one year old my brother bought him a 10$ baby blow up pool and a few bags of balls from Babies r Us (they are 14$ per bag). then for his birthday he asked people to buy a few more bags of balls...now...that darn ball pit is my nephews FAVORITE TOY!! Its set up in his bedroom and he goes in it everyday. Just an idea....

Edited by ZaidsMommy

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png