Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

We've tried letting Kavi eat/taste basically whatever we are eating for awhile now(well, he is over 2 now so it's been awhile!). He is fine with somewhat spicy things. He rarely eats meat or chicken though, since my husband is a vegetarian and I don't make it for dinner. He does eat those once in awhile during the day with me or fish, but not very much.

He likes different kinds of fruit a lot, most breads, beans, of course french fries/potatoes and he seems to really like the vegetarian chili I make once in awhile. He gets protein through whole milk, cheeses, and sometimes fake meat/soy products. He likes bites of Indian food. I figure if kids in India grow up on spicy food, why can't Kavi just because he lives in the US? I want him to think spicy food(not too spicy) is normal, for the sake of Indian food that will most likely always be in his life, hehe. There are things he won't eat too, which can be frustrating. He won't always eat eggs.

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Since Declan, I have definitely been doing a lot more cooking. Before him, hubby and I used to eat on the fly a lot and really didn't sit down together for dinner. It can be crazy during the week to get meals together, especially after I've been at work all day and hubby is at his night classes, so I have a wild toddler running around the kitchen.

I try to make big meals on the weekend and then freeze some to be used during the week. Whole wheat pasta with diced zucchini and mushrooms in a tomato sauce is always a quick meal, and Declan loves it.

I'm laughing about the "keckles" and "ladypops".

Declan loves "dips". He saw hubby and I put salad dressing on our salads (Declan doesn't like lettuce, so he was eating sliced tomatoes) and he wanted some. Now he is obsessed with dipping food in sauces.

Ben loves dips too! He loves guacarmole, and he dips anything in ranch dressing, but hew doesn't like lettuce either.

We tried spicy food the other day, but his eyes were watering and said "help" "help" :lol: I guess thats not his thing yet...

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does it make a difference in eating something blended vs. whole? like a vegetable soup, where u can chew on carrots, or a blended vegetable soup?

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

reading about the solid food and I just got a big headache! We (well, mostly me) cook Thai food a lot and ofcouse it's mosly spicy. I will have to make a small portion for the baby with less spice But i'll try to teach him to eat spicy hehe. I imagine him growing up not knowing what mac&cheese or PB&J is :unsure: unless daddy wants to cook sometimes :blush:

Funny story, so I was an aupair for a 3 month old and a 3 years old (They are now 9 and 6) I started putting soy sauce in their rice and veggie as a trick to get them eating, and now they wont eat any rice or veggie without soy sauce :whistle: Once in a while I'll take them out for lunch and a movie and it's so cute to see them still eat with soy sauce after all these years :blush:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Nessa@ Now that Sofia has 8 teeth I try to give her food to chew.

Sofia is eating everything, I'm glad she is not as picky as daddy, and the other things is that we put the baby whale away , she is taking baths like a big girl and she loves it! she starts swimming classes next week!

Edited by Vi Mazzella
sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Swimming classes sound sooo fun!! My local Park District doesnt offer them and anything out of district is soo overpriced for us!! We will go thru the local pool this summer though. I want Zaid to be a water baby!!!

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Nessa@ Now that Sofia has 8 teeth I try to give her food to chew.

Sofia is eating everything, I'm glad she is not as picky as daddy, and the other things is that we put the baby whale away , she is taking baths like a big girl and she loves it! she starts swimming classes next week!

Our bath tub is soooooooooo slippery (it is worse with a tub mat, it is like surfing). I worried for the babies so I got them some of the bath seats that clip on the edge of the tub. Now that they are bigger, I have tried to NOT use them. They both panicked, were sliding around, and wanted out fast. So...bath seats for us for a little while longer.

I am so excited, my best friend from high school is flying in tomorrow night. I'll get to see her for a little while tomorrow (her flight got rescheduled for later). Then I take her and her new husband to Miami late Saturday morning to take a cruise. They return the following Saturday and we are picking them up and hanging out with them for the day before they fly back home. :)

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Timeline
what type of difference are you referring to nessa?

any difference. is it better/worse for his gastrointestinal tract? does it change anything? is the resut the same, i mean, he'll get the nutrients, etfc, that's why i ask cuz he has only front teeth it takes him forever to chew anything and he winds up swallowing whole chunks of stuff.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

i put the big whale away a while ago. he loves having the whole tub for himself. i have to watchg for him not to drink the water, though lol

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

she looks so big, not like a baby anymore, like a little girl. love the smile on that pic, vi

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Just popping in real quick. Nessa, I'd give Ben food to chew or he might end up not wanting to chew anything. Just boil the carrots, brokkoli or whatever you're making really good. As long as Ben is sitting upright in a chair with you nearby you can watch him if he chokes or not. I don't think you need to be overly concerned that he might choke. We all need to learn to chew sooner or later and I think Ben is old enough to start picking up things with his fingers and try it all out. Good luck.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Ladies, havent been here for a while, Had to take Dylan and Molly to the docs yesterday, Dylan has Bronchitis and Molly RSV....sick babies is no fun, Molly is on a nebulizer and taking meds for an ear infection and dylan is having meds for a double ear infection....hope this is over soon!

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Chrissy, I hope the kids feel better soon. We are all sick here too. Zaid had croup and whatever virus he had passed on to us, just in the form of sinus pain and runny noses.

Finally checked out Trader Joes, I liked it. I thought some of the prices were a tad high but others were not. I did get strawberries, bananas, cereal, mac n cheese,yougurt, and some other stuff. The one thing that did impress me was to find gelatin free Jello. Zaid has never had jello bc I could never find it Kosher or Halal but sure enough, I did, and while he didnt really love it at first, Im just happy he got to try it! I think Ill check out Dominicks and see what their organic fruits and vegetables look like

For the moms of toddler boys. I dont know if its me or what but im soooo disappointed in preschool kids clothing. Everywhere I shopped yesterday I LOVED the clothes that only went up to size 24mos. Well Zaid is in 2t or 3t and everything im finding I dont love at all. The big kids stuff is all sports, basketballs, footballs, mesh shorts, etc Im still looking for plaid cutesy dinosaurs monkeys etc. Maybe im just not ready for my baby to be growing up lol

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png