Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

what do you mean 2nd attempt, susita? u paid again? I couldn't get a good picture of Ben in over an hour and that was it, if i wanted another try i'd have to pay again.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
what do you mean 2nd attempt, susita? u paid again? I couldn't get a good picture of Ben in over an hour and that was it, if i wanted another try i'd have to pay again.

no, my doctor's office does two tries and you only pay once. I got some cute pictures though even though they weren't that good of the face, I got her eating her arm this time & her toes :lol:

eating her arm

BABYGCACERES_3.jpg

eating her foot

http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=Ss0...igF2ym3XqtyZU4Q

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Funny you mentioned the weight, Sofia is almost 1 year and I'm still trying to gain some weight, I'm eating alot but still nothing. I even put my gym membership on frezze until I gain at least 5 pounds. I still breastfedding, that's the key!

Nessa@ You are going to Brasil, how cool!!!! have lots of fun, your family is going to adore your little one. My brazilian friend went back for a couple of months but it seems that she is not coming back to the States,she had lots of problems with her hubby and she feels much better in her country,the only bad, bad thing is that if she doesn't come back with her baby the hubby is going to press charges against her :o .

Chnst@ First pregnancy?

This have been a very good week, hubby is off from work and he have been helping me alot, right now I'm looking for some classes for Sofia, she is defintily going to take swimming classes but I really really want to sign her up for music classes,any ideas?

sofsmile-1.jpg

Timeline
My brazilian friend went back for a couple of months but it seems that she is not coming back to the States,she had lots of problems with her hubby and she feels much better in her country,the only bad, bad thing is that if she doesn't come back with her baby the hubby is going to press charges against her :o .

she's heading for a whole heap of trouble doing that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
I know, I know, I told her that and she knows that already but she is SO MISERABLE here...

any way the marriage can be salvaged?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
@Stina: I'm sure the fam in India really appreciates it you trying to blend in, cute pics! Are they very strict in India about the dresscode for women? I am really fascinated by this country, I wish the flight wasn't so long, I really want to see it someday. Have a safe trip!

Thanks! :) I do think they appreciated it. I wore my jeans and other shirts sometimes too. I think they liked that I cared about their culture and tried to integrate it into my life while there.

It's not that it's strict, there are not public rules as far as I know about how a woman has to dress. It's just that men stare there a lot, and the more westernized you look, and if not Indian, the more attention you draw to yourself. You can get easily noticed. That makes me uncomfortable so in certain situations I like to try to blend in.

But to be honest, even my best attempts at blending in have not worked. It seems to confuse people, and some still stare! lol "Is she part Indian or something?" they must wonder. Wearing the dot on my forehead(bindiya) and red powder in the part of my hair(sindoor) at least signifies while in public that I am a married woman. The traditional, married, Indian women wear that every day. My husband's family is very traditional. (I guess it applies to Indian Hindu women. Even though I am not Hindu, I do it while with my inlaws. They are Hindu and it's more a social sign for me than religious. I can make the statement that I am married by wearing them, which makes me feel less uncomfortable in public).

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Have fun traveling Stina and Nessa :) We are going to Canada in August and I cannot wait for Declan's relatives to see him again.

Kel - You can do it!!! Congrats on giving up the ciggies. We can support each other with the trying to get healthy thing .... I need to also. I was wonderful during the pregnancy, but when Declan had his surgery, totally stress ate and gained a bunch and haven't lost it.

@ Nizzy - LOL, so many people think Declan's name is pronounced like that. His doctor's office FINALLY got it right.

Good luck with school and all .... how much longer do you have to go?

It is a really cute name and I am glad I got a chance to hear it said the right way...hehe...as far as school goes, it all depends on how many classes I take. It could be 2-3 years...oye!

Timeline

i can't imagine putting my son through that. charles is so stuck with me. i have divorced parents and that's one of the things i don't ever want to put my son through. my parents lived in cities 2 hours away and it was hard. can u imagine a whole country away?

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline
This have been a very good week, hubby is off from work and he have been helping me alot, right now I'm looking for some classes for Sofia, she is defintily going to take swimming classes but I really really want to sign her up for music classes,any ideas?

music classes at 11 months? is that possible? if i had a daughter i'd sign her up for piano classes.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Nessa: Gymboree offers music classes for babies and toddlers. I went once, but it was a little weird, not really my cup of tea. Ben is not a big fan of children's music anyway, he's obsessed with Taylor Swift. :wacko: My parents sent him some instruments and he likes to play with them but he is not into the kids music stuff.

Vi: wow, I feel bad for your friend, but she definitely got herself into a lot of hot water since there is a kid involved. I hope they can figure things out, just running away isn't going to fix her problems in the long run.

Thanks! :) I do think they appreciated it. I wore my jeans and other shirts sometimes too. I think they liked that I cared about their culture and tried to integrate it into my life while there.

It's not that it's strict, there are not public rules as far as I know about how a woman has to dress. It's just that men stare there a lot, and the more westernized you look, and if not Indian, the more attention you draw to yourself. You can get easily noticed. That makes me uncomfortable so in certain situations I like to try to blend in.

But to be honest, even my best attempts at blending in have not worked. It seems to confuse people, and some still stare! lol "Is she part Indian or something?" they must wonder. Wearing the dot on my forehead(bindiya) and red powder in the part of my hair(sindoor) at least signifies while in public that I am a married woman. The traditional, married, Indian women wear that every day. My husband's family is very traditional. (I guess it applies to Indian Hindu women. Even though I am not Hindu, I do it while with my inlaws. They are Hindu and it's more a social sign for me than religious. I can make the statement that I am married by wearing them, which makes me feel less uncomfortable in public).

That's so interesting. I think your efforts really do show a lot of respect for the culture. How do you communicate with the in-laws? Do they speak english?

Susita: haha, these pics are funny! We didn't get the 3-D pics, they look so alien-like to me.. But the technology is really getting better and better.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I gained a whopping 70 lbs during my pregnancy. My doc was never worried about it as he said it was expected considering I worked out alot before I got pregnant and then ended up on bed rest for the second half of my pregnancy. I've been losing weight steadily since I gave birth just by BFing, but I still have about 15 lbs to go. I was pretty stressed out about it while I was pregnant and now I wish I hadn't given it a second thought. I think our bodies know what they're doing most of the time. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Susita: haha, these pics are funny! We didn't get the 3-D pics, they look so alien-like to me.. But the technology is really getting better and better.

I know, I wasn't going to do it but at the last minute I said what the heck. What you actually see on screen is much cooler because it's live.

Stina ~ I wish I could have blended in a little bit in Peru but it was literally impossible. I got stared at all the time. It was really nice for you to make an effort to do that though :)

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ chnst: Taylor Swift. ROFL. He's gonna be into blonds! :P

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Nessa@ Yep, they have amazing music classes for kid, I used to take my niece to Little Maestros classes in Manhattan, I loved it, they have a live band, story time, puppets show and they end the class with bubbles, really cute the only problem is that is a little expensive, 4 years ago they used to pay about $600 for 16 weeks twice a week but I'm sure that is more expensive now. They have a bunch of classes in the rich area of the city but we don't live there.

Charles@ I know, I know, the situation is a big mess, my friend met the hubby for a couple of months and got pregnant, the baby was born in Brasil and then she moved here to NYC . Problems started as soon as she arrived here, he is not mentally stable and it got to the point that HE KICKED HER OUT OF THE HOUSE, she had to move to her in laws house (the basement) the hubby never visited the baby,she was on her own all the time, she was lucky that her in laws are fantastic people an they took good care of her and the baby. It was a horrible situation, now she is in Brasil with her family and friends and as she says, she finally has PEACE, what to do? come back to live in hell?

Susi@ I know what you mean, Silvio loves Peru, the culture, the people but he was always the BIG GRINGO, I'm trying to convince him to move there but that's the part that he doesn't like, they don't treat him the same.

sofsmile-1.jpg