Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

babycorner was on page 5...where is everyone????

Funny story to share...

Im taking a shower at ohhh about 6am this morning and hear some noises. I called for Zaid (he was sleeping when I started my shower) and he didnt respond so I assumed it was the dog and finished showering. I dry off, open the shower curtain, and see Zaid sitting in the bathroom floor. As soon as I saw him he says "HI MOMMY" LOL He mustve been sitting there for about 10 mins or so and just didnt say a word. Im sure we will have more toddler bed experiences but this was just so darn funny.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Cute :)

Declan loves water and would have hopped in the shower with me!!! I'm impressed Zaid kept quiet so long :)

I work at a law firm and there is an attorney names Declan...now I know how to pronounce your little one's name! I am embarrassed to say that this while time I thought it was DEEclan... :blush:

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Yesterday as I was giving Kavi a bath I had the water running a little because he wanted to see the water come out of the tub spout. He then pressed the shower thing and it turned on and got the back of my hair completely wet(I was leaned over) and a tiny bit of my clothes, and it startled him haha. I guess that's his first shower experience!

Just thought I'd share that we bought plane tickets for visiting India again. We are going March 24th-April 12th(won't be back in the US til April 13th). It's hard for Suj's family to only see Kavi once a year, but I guess that is good compared to people who have to wait longer in between visits. :( He changed so much since last year. They know that from seeing pictures and webcam of him, but seeing him in person will be more of a shock to them I bet, with how much he grew and everything! I am excited about the trip. We will be there for about 2.5 weeks, but gone for almost 3 weeks with the traveling.

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline
Yesterday as I was giving Kavi a bath I had the water running a little because he wanted to see the water come out of the tub spout. He then pressed the shower thing and it turned on and got the back of my hair completely wet(I was leaned over) and a tiny bit of my clothes, and it startled him haha. I guess that's his first shower experience!

Just thought I'd share that we bought plane tickets for visiting India again. We are going March 24th-April 12th(won't be back in the US til April 13th). It's hard for Suj's family to only see Kavi once a year, but I guess that is good compared to people who have to wait longer in between visits. :( He changed so much since last year. They know that from seeing pictures and webcam of him, but seeing him in person will be more of a shock to them I bet, with how much he grew and everything! I am excited about the trip. We will be there for about 2.5 weeks, but gone for almost 3 weeks with the traveling.

oh how exciting! I guess I must have been sans internet the last time you went because I didn't know about your first trip. Take pics because I wanna see! I wish I could take Eman to Afghanistan but it won't happen anytime soon.

On a side note, I am super duper exhausted. I started working again and that plus school (even though it's only one course) plus taking care of my little man has turned me into a zombie. :wacko::blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

so I got the breastpump, won a brand new one on ebay for $200.00 which seemed like a much better deal than anywhere else. Got it home, it's completely sealed, new in the box. I got the Medela Pump In Style Advanced. Anyone ever use this?

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Susita, nice! I love getting a better deal. :)

oh how exciting! I guess I must have been sans internet the last time you went because I didn't know about your first trip. Take pics because I wanna see! I wish I could take Eman to Afghanistan but it won't happen anytime soon.

On a side note, I am super duper exhausted. I started working again and that plus school (even though it's only one course) plus taking care of my little man has turned me into a zombie. :wacko::blink:

I can imagine you must be exhausted. That is hard work! I hope you can adjust and/or get more sleep, or have more coffee? :P

I am sometimes paranoid about posting pics on here but here are two from last year's trip. :P We went last year at the end of February. We were there only about 9 days that time. In these pics I'm wearing a kurta and dupatta, but with jeans. I also wore the married woman symbols of bindiya and sindoor, and dyed my hair black to try to blend in more. Though it's kinda hard to blend in when I am pale and 5'7", but I try. This time I'm not dying my hair black, just will have my dark brown hair(natural color). I will definitely take a lot of pictures again this trip. :) We visit the Mumbai area.

(these pics were from a dinner gathering we held for many of Suj's relatives to meet me last year at a hall)

post-1020-1266552126_thumb.jpg

post-1020-1266552136_thumb.jpg

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Susita" the fancy one :) I use the Medela Swing for the occasional pump and it works just fine (just one side though). The double side pumps work like crazy, I rented one for the first weeks and I was like a dairy cow ;)

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
@ Susita" the fancy one :) I use the Medela Swing for the occasional pump and it works just fine (just one side though). The double side pumps work like crazy, I rented one for the first weeks and I was like a dairy cow ;)

LOL that's what I'm going to need when I go back to work. I have 2 15 min breaks (which I'm sure if I'm a couple of mins late coming back they won't care - I work with a lot of nice ladies) and my lunch break. So I'll get the opportunity to pump those 3 times and gotta make it count!

Only thing is I'm a lil nervous - Luis is going to be Mr. Mom during the day :lol: I'm going to have to give him like mommy bootcamp for the first two months so he can get the hang of it :rofl:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Sounds good Susita. My boss back in NYC got the CEOs office for pumping... Everyone was just very understanding!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Timeline
Susita, nice! I love getting a better deal. :)

I can imagine you must be exhausted. That is hard work! I hope you can adjust and/or get more sleep, or have more coffee? :P

I am sometimes paranoid about posting pics on here but here are two from last year's trip. :P We went last year at the end of February. We were there only about 9 days that time. In these pics I'm wearing a kurta and dupatta, but with jeans. I also wore the married woman symbols of bindiya and sindoor, and dyed my hair black to try to blend in more. Though it's kinda hard to blend in when I am pale and 5'7", but I try. This time I'm not dying my hair black, just will have my dark brown hair(natural color). I will definitely take a lot of pictures again this trip. :) We visit the Mumbai area.

(these pics were from a dinner gathering we held for many of Suj's relatives to meet me last year at a hall)

Yes, coffee is my best friend. There is a keurig machine in the office so I am constantly making myself a cup...

Thanks for sharing the pics! I love it when people from other cultures wear indian clothes. I think it looks so cute on you! Yeah, blending in is definitely a good way to go about things over there. And Kavi looks so cute in his little outfit!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Christina your pictures are cute! When my cousin goes there she also dies her hair black and wears traditional Indian clothes.

I have started a 15 minute workout twice everyday. I never lost the weight after Zaid and I am refusing to gain weight whenever I do get pregnant again. This past week has been a huge reality check as to how truly unhealthy I am. All the things I have to quit (cigarettes,pop,excessive expresso and coffee) and start (working out, vitamins, reading labels) just to be remotely healthy when I get pregnant is sad. I should really strive to be a healthier person ALL the time. (for my sake, hubbys, and for zaid and future kids) Maybe this is just what I needed though.

sorry for ranting, guess im just realizing im pretty disappointed in myself. On a good note, 6 days without cigarettes and its not even phasing me!! woohoo

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Christina your pictures are cute! When my cousin goes there she also dies her hair black and wears traditional Indian clothes.

I have started a 15 minute workout twice everyday. I never lost the weight after Zaid and I am refusing to gain weight whenever I do get pregnant again. This past week has been a huge reality check as to how truly unhealthy I am. All the things I have to quit (cigarettes,pop,excessive expresso and coffee) and start (working out, vitamins, reading labels) just to be remotely healthy when I get pregnant is sad. I should really strive to be a healthier person ALL the time. (for my sake, hubbys, and for zaid and future kids) Maybe this is just what I needed though.

sorry for ranting, guess im just realizing im pretty disappointed in myself. On a good note, 6 days without cigarettes and its not even phasing me!! woohoo

Kelz – I hear you. I hate being unhealthy, (I sigh as I just ate 2 donuts – damn that Krispy Kreme!!!!). If you have weight to lose, I found that pregnancy is an awesome time to do it. To me, if you are on the plus side, your body has weight to spare. Talk to your doctor about putting you on a monitored 1,600 to 2,000 calorie diet and you will see that the weight will just drop off you. The baby will consume your fat stores and as long as you’re putting good stuff into your body you both will be just fine.

One other reason to totally monitor your calories and weight when you’re pregnant is the gestational diabetes factor and the ultra dangerous pre-eclampsia from HBP.

WTG on giving up the little cancer sticks. They are dreadful and EXPENSIVE!!!! :thumbs:

All the best to you, sister! We’re all in this together – preggo or not! ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
LOL that's what I'm going to need when I go back to work. I have 2 15 min breaks (which I'm sure if I'm a couple of mins late coming back they won't care - I work with a lot of nice ladies) and my lunch break. So I'll get the opportunity to pump those 3 times and gotta make it count!

Only thing is I'm a lil nervous - Luis is going to be Mr. Mom during the day :lol: I'm going to have to give him like mommy bootcamp for the first two months so he can get the hang of it :rofl:

LOL good luck!!! congrats on the good deal for the pump. you really won't regret it, the medelas are great!

Kelly: aww I think you are doing great! You have a pretty stressful life with your job, school and being a mom. Don't be so hard on your self and take it one step at a time. Yay for 6 days w/o smoking!! About the workout: I started weight training a month ago and I am already seeing results. I feel a lot better. I train every other day and switch muscle groups, my trainer says you will get faster and better results if you have a day rest in between. so 40 minutes every other day is better than 20 minutes every day. but what do I know. haha. Once I got over the first week I started to really enjoy it. It seems weird but working out in between my classes helps me relax and it works better than coffee to wake me up.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Kelz – I hear you. I hate being unhealthy, (I sigh as I just ate 2 donuts – damn that Krispy Kreme!!!!). If you have weight to lose, I found that pregnancy is an awesome time to do it. To me, if you are on the plus side, your body has weight to spare. Talk to your doctor about putting you on a monitored 1,600 to 2,000 calorie diet and you will see that the weight will just drop off you. The baby will consume your fat stores and as long as you’re putting good stuff into your body you both will be just fine.

One other reason to totally monitor your calories and weight when you’re pregnant is the gestational diabetes factor and the ultra dangerous pre-eclampsia from HBP.

WTG on giving up the little cancer sticks. They are dreadful and EXPENSIVE!!!! :thumbs:

All the best to you, sister! We’re all in this together – preggo or not! ;)

that is a good point. I had a new mom at the hospital the other day and when I looked at her chart to assess her weight fluctuation before she got pregnant and what her weight was on her due date - she had gained 2 lbs! :blink: She had been a little heavy to begin with and her doc put her on a monitored diet, and she initially lost a ton of weight, but still gave birth to a healthy 8lb baby, despite gestational diabetes etc. I was so impressed with that. So basically a day after giving birth she weighed a lot less than before she was even pregnant.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008