Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Those are some funny stories.

I am paranoid about Daniel dressing Adi up to go outside because - 1. The clothes never match. 2. He never puts enough clothes on him. He took Adi to the hospital in just a diaper thinking its an emergency just because Adi threw up on him twice. Didn't have time to put clothes on him. Luckily we keep change of clothes in the diaper bag.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Those are some funny stories.

I am paranoid about Daniel dressing Adi up to go outside because - 1. The clothes never match. 2. He never puts enough clothes on him. He took Adi to the hospital in just a diaper thinking its an emergency just because Adi threw up on him twice. Didn't have time to put clothes on him. Luckily we keep change of clothes in the diaper bag.

:lol: Men... That's funny and cute both at the same time... haha. those stories are so funny!

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Zaids word for garbage is "berbage" and he says it so cute, however, he insists on throwing EVERYTHING away! lol

Too funny Stef about the snow incident. Sof is VERY weird about Zaid being in the cold. Its very much an arab thing to layer clothes on clothes . Last winter Zaid wore a columbia snowsuit from october to february bc hubby insisted, even if we were just running to the store!

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Zaids word for garbage is "berbage" and he says it so cute, however, he insists on throwing EVERYTHING away! lol

Too funny Stef about the snow incident. Sof is VERY weird about Zaid being in the cold. Its very much an arab thing to layer clothes on clothes . Last winter Zaid wore a columbia snowsuit from october to february bc hubby insisted, even if we were just running to the store!

I agree with that! Poor Eman ends up looking like a mummy...I am the one who is a bit relaxed with the layering....

Timeline

that's so true. I used to work as a ped's RN in a hospital in Berlin/Germany. Prob. 50% of the patients were either arab or turkish because the hospital was in an area where a lot of this culture was populated. They would bring their newborns into the ER with a temperature in the summer and I would take blanket, by blanket and then 4 layers of pants/dresses/jackets/shirts off. :lol: No wonder they had a fever. This really must be a cultural thing!

Still better to overdress, than not dressing a child warm enough. It drives me crazy when I see a little child in the winter freezing cold with either no coat on or just a flimsy little jacket, no gloves/hat/proper shoes/no socks and the parent is all dressed warm in a big coat.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

I am so excited!!! I found an awesome hotel deal and so I am taking my hubby and Declan to Boston on Saturday. The hotel has an indoor pool and I suspect we will spend much time there. Then, on Sunday, we are going to the New England Aquarium!!! Hubby and I got married by a JOP on Valentine's Day so it is our 3rd wedding anniversary. So looking forward to this!!!

Definitely need this. The universe went nuts this week and I have never had so many crisis calls and interventions. I am off for 4 days and LOVING IT!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Autumn that sounds soo much fun! We are planning a mini getaway the end of this month. Thinking either St Louis or Wisconsin Dells, we shall see.

Grandpas watching Zaid tonight and hubby and I are going to Bourbon Street....woot woot!!!!

p.s. (not THE bourbon street! lol, the local one here in Chicago)

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Mommies

thank you for sharing your funny stories, they are hilarious! :rofl: . This was a crazy week, too much snow and hubby at home for two days, next week he will be with us again, the whole week, I'm happy about it but at the same time..... you know, I'm so use to be just me and the baby and we have our own routine, but we are happy, yes we are.

Sof still having problems sleeping at night, my mom even said that maybe 'something is bothering her at nights" because she is not baptized (we are catholic) and I'm starting to believe that. I hope that If I ever have another baby I don't have the same problems.

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
I am so excited!!! I found an awesome hotel deal and so I am taking my hubby and Declan to Boston on Saturday. The hotel has an indoor pool and I suspect we will spend much time there. Then, on Sunday, we are going to the New England Aquarium!!! Hubby and I got married by a JOP on Valentine's Day so it is our 3rd wedding anniversary. So looking forward to this!!!

Definitely need this. The universe went nuts this week and I have never had so many crisis calls and interventions. I am off for 4 days and LOVING IT!!!

Happy anniversary and have a great time!

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Yes she will, the problem is that my hubby want it here and I want it to be in Peru, he wants his sister to be the Godmother and of course I want a differente person. :blink:

You should do what we did: each of you gets to pick a godparent. And maybe reach a compromise with the first birthday: baptism in one country, first birthday in the other :)

Saludos,

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Vi: Can't you have two godparents? I'm not the only godmother for my nephew. We are Catholic as well and the priest had no problem with that.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Timeline

Vi: Ben is baptized and it didn't help his sleeping.. I think this was when it actually started, right around his baptism when he was 6 months old.

Maybe you can have her baptized when your family is visiting? This way they will be here and you compromise with your husband as well. I like Anna's idea, you can pick 2 godparents. Ben has 2, but they are married.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008