Brad and Vika

Flower Power

556 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Yeah.. Everyone would think that... *sigh*... Anna wants to finish her PHD in economics before she comes over. Who am I to tell her it's not worth it, I am trying though. It might not be worth it with the way college credit equivalents are measured over here though.

If we go the way "things" are going, she could be here VERY quick... I am just waiting on her own schedule now.

But she's worth it. :)

There is an easy way to find out. Google ECE. Have Anna send you her transcripts, originals in Russian and have them translated (or she can) then send them to ECE and they will give you an official, universally accepted US equivilency. My guess is her education will transfer 100%. Alla's did.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

It will stop eventually. I used to be pretty mad because I was always guessed as 13-15 when I was 18-24. It gets old when people think you're not old enough to do anything, including drive and speak to you as if you have some sort of mental deficiency. Once I got to be 24, I got guessed more at 17-19, which was more helpful, but still a bit annoying when people would give you a hard time about academics vs. your age and not take you seriously. After about age 22 though, I settled on the idea that people were idiots, which after had me having no faith in anyone, ever. This led to the eventual attitude of not caring what anyone thought about anything, since their thoughts were likely incompetent anyway. Hold hope-- she will probably reach this point :) Then, she will stop complaining and maybe even reverse her position. Now I am guessed at 21-23. I am 32 and wondering ####### happened to the guesses of 18, and thinking I need to do something about this. :rofl: Seriously, my colleagues had a birthday party for me January and someone said I had just turned 21. They believed it (I'm new there) and even put it on a cake. :blush: It was... awkward... and I had to pull out my Driver's license to prove otherwise. Good times. Good times. If I had seen it was on a cake, I would never had said anything when someone congratulated me!

Total drive-by here -- Juliana, just last month a woman rang my doorbell selling magazines door-to-door. She asked if my "mommy" was at home. Uh, no. I'm 36 and my mommy lives in Connecticut. She stumbled out an apology and ran away. I was kind of angry at first, but my husband cracked up when I told him and told me I should be flattered. I called him a dirty old man and said I was calling Child Protection Services. :D

I'm pretty used to not being believed I am an old crone, even though my birth certificate says otherwise. :P I'm eternally grateful for winning the genetics lottery that has held all wrinkles in check, although liberal application of sunblock every day since I was 14 has helped, I'm sure.

Okay, driving away now. :innocent:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Total drive-by here -- Juliana, just last month a woman rang my doorbell selling magazines door-to-door. She asked if my "mommy" was at home. Uh, no. I'm 36 and my mommy lives in Connecticut. She stumbled out an apology and ran away. I was kind of angry at first, but my husband cracked up when I told him and told me I should be flattered. I called him a dirty old man and said I was calling Child Protection Services. :D

I'm pretty used to not being believed I am an old crone, even though my birth certificate says otherwise. :P I'm eternally grateful for winning the genetics lottery that has held all wrinkles in check, although liberal application of sunblock every day since I was 14 has helped, I'm sure.

Okay, driving away now. :innocent:

:thumbs: I get it from my mom. My mom never did sunblock or anything though, so I maybe have even more hope :) She started that in the 80s/90s, so in her 40s. She told me a similar story to yours.. She was actually the door-to-door person who had taken on a job at the time (she was finishing her PhD) and was informing people about candidate options for a local vote. She said this one woman listened to her and then declared, "Well, aren't you just the most well-informed high school student I have ever met!" One thing my Xh actually listed as a reason he was tired of being in our relationship was that people thought he was dating/married to someone in their teens. That doesn't seem to bother Ammar who says he knows how old I am and couldn't care less what other people think. When people call me and ask for my parents I give a similar response lol!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
Congratulations on not requiring botox. Now, can we move on? Or maybe you two genetic wonders want to go PM and further praise each others skin tone.

:crying: whah.

You're just jealous that I am fatter, older, and balder than anyone on here.

Also, this is page 9. Pie? Glock? Is there a R,U, or B pie specialty? I know berries work well there and are native, so it would seem they could be likely candidates. In Norway there are cloudberries.. maybe they stretch across to Russia as well... Pyrih can have different fillings I know, but I don't know what are traditional Ukranian fillings.

Anyone get in a good shooting practice lately? Range or private land?

Congratulations on not requiring botox. Now, can we move on? Or maybe you two genetic wonders want to go PM and further praise each others skin tone.

I just sent Julianna a PM full of wonderful cosmetic girliness and frou-frou since it seemed like SUCH a good idea. Ta muchly, VV! :luv:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline
I just sent Julianna a PM full of wonderful cosmetic girliness and frou-frou since it seemed like SUCH a good idea. Ta muchly, VV! :luv:

I demand the continuation of this thread until at least page 10!!!

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline
MEAT!!! :thumbs:

That's kinda what I am getting from the searches! I have discovered cloudberries are there though and used in pies, jams, etc... as are ligonberries, raspberries, wild strawberries and other cold fruits. Wild strawberries are the BEST. I ate one I found in the back of a planter in Lucerne. That sounds very strange without a lot of rationalization.

I demand the continuation of this thread until at least page 10!!!

The pies or the skin? :innocent:

I would have NEVER come up with that idea too, if VV hadn't of mentioned it. OMG isn't he awesome?! VV= :luv:

I was so excited about the contents of the PM I was giggling and kicking my heels while laying on my stomach and twirling my hair. Thanks so much, girlie!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The continuing problem...private comments posted to a public forum. I don't care about your skin tone. I don't care about "cloud berries." I don't need to hear from Jordan. That's not part of the FSU. What's next? How long is your Burka?

Timeline
The continuing problem...private comments posted to a public forum. I don't care about your skin tone. I don't care about "cloud berries." I don't need to hear from Jordan. That's not part of the FSU. What's next? How long is your Burka?

First Amendment! God Bless America!

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
First Amendment! God Bless America!

Yes, God bless America. We agree on this. Maybe you will spare us your belated love for speaking Russian and your Russo-centric view of history. Be American or move back to your native home. You claim to be a refugee...what's the problem? Do you bite the hand that feeds you?

Timeline

My skin tone is considered very fair, which has not been mentioned yet.

Cloudberries is one word. They are a traditional food in your FSU region. How can you not like them? Why do you hate cloudberries?

I'm not in Jordan.

Burkas are in Pakistan/Afghanistan areas. Mine is about 25 feet long with this giant train. I prefer all black so I cannot be seen inside the deep hole/seasonal well my husband keeps me in. I'm scared of the light and of having my own opinions.

Pies. Preferably with guns too!

What is your favorite kind? Does Daria bake pies?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.