Brad and Vika

Flower Power

556 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Totally and completely true.

Way back, in July, I sent Daria flowers that were delivered to her workplace (public nature of the present = extra points, remember) :)

They were not roses though. She's impartial to roses. Orchids are the way to go with her, so it was a bouquet of various orchids.

The package also included a plush teddy bear and a romantic card - but I am not sure that goes towards the points total.

HOWEVER! Only recently I found out that the thing she liked the most in that delivery was the card:) so who knows :)

was it a Vermont Teddy Bear? They will send anywhere...worldwide. :thumbs:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
was it a Vermont Teddy Bear? They will send anywhere...worldwide. :thumbs:

Nope. I used florist.ru for that one, because they had orchids hehe

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

We can all see the pattern here I think. Before Vika arrived (again) I would periodically send her flowers, and have them delivered to her office. The service would call her and ask where and when, then video her receiving the flowers and email the video to me. Cool. She like some of the flowers so much that she took pictures (some of just the flowers).

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Valuable advice, or as presented to me "There must be flowers if nothing else"

She also took photo's every time I sent her flowers at her work. I should of known!! :star:

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Here is the web address for the service I used Ukraine Gift Delivery. I think the video only costs you if the order is less than $100 - ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE :lol:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I think the video only costs you if the order is less than $100 - ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE :lol:

You are right -- it is at least double the cost to send flowers over there compared to the USA. I think they know this, and that is worth even more flower points!

Now here is a dilemma regarding the even/odd superstition. If you want to put flowers in multiple rooms of the house, does it need to be an odd number of rooms with an odd number of flowers in each room? Or does the total just need to be odd? :wacko:

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

does it need to be an odd number of rooms with an odd number of flowers in each room? Or does the total just need to be odd? :wacko:

As long as you and your SO are equally odd, you'll be just fine!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
But...

Seafoam Green????? :wow:

Yep! That is part of what makes Car awesome. That and Car will drive over and through anything, including creeks and also haul anything such as 55 gallon tubs, 10' boards, bales of hay, etc.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
That would be +500 points for me, especially if it's a pretty native plant.

we live in Vermont. Northern Vermont. Pretty>Native>Plant ...is a birch tree. The rest get dug up and spend the winter in the attached greenhouse, in which, right now, one can hardly move. LOL

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Yep! That is part of what makes Car awesome. That and Car will drive over and through anything, including creeks and also haul anything such as 55 gallon tubs, 10' boards, bales of hay, etc.

Excuse me while I take my gun off and put it in the drawer. This is only the second topic that caused me to do that...ever. The other was the mistake of answering a post about "Twitter" and "tweets".

So you have a car that caries 55 gallon tubs (why?), 10' boards, bales of hay, AND etc. and it is seafoam green? Am I clear on this? Are these tubs FULL when you pick them up? (trying to imagine the thighs and shoulders fitting in size 6 shoes and size 2 dress)

I also need to know...your husband has a WIFE that carries 55 gallon tubs, 10' boards, bales of hay AND etc. in her seafoam green...car? Truck? Whatever? :wow:

Alla drives a silver sports car with black convertible top which easily carries all the extra pairs of heels, lipsticks, nail polish AND etc. she needs for life. She drives OVER creeks on a bridge, swims in the creeks in the summer (naked of course) She won't even take the car to a drive through car wash, she has me to wash it by hand. :lol: Just clarifying. Are you sure you aren't your husband hanging out in the RUB forum hoping for a stray Ukrainiette? (or is it Ukrainiova?) :lol:

OK, finished, re-arming here.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

ROFL you are cracking me up.

My husband lets me do my own gardening things. He would probably so much prefer I not do it though, as I think it freaks him out to see what I have managed to bring home. The 55 gal tubs were empty and weighed all of what, 25lbs? which is nothing to lift. I decided I wanted to try raised potato and peanut growing. It worked out wonderfully.

Plus, my car and I have been together longer than my husband and I have. Some of this is from before I met him... I don't have a truck although I could probably use one at times. Also, I grew up with the mentality that if you want something and can do it, you just do it yourself. No big deal. I would help my dad do anything and everything. This means of acting applies to just about everything. If it makes you feel any better, I had painted toenails, make-up, and lipgloss on whilst moving things like that.

Driving through a creek is an integral part of making it to certain sites for survey and excavation. No two ways around that!

I cannot imagine being consistently so... I can't think of a good word to use that doesn't have a negative connotation to it which is not what I mean here... but prissy is what is coming to mind. Try to add a neutral spin to that word and you'll understand the emotion I have regarding what I am trying to say. I never had a problem with bugs, dirt, getting dirty... or using what I was given or got for myself (like my car). I won't say I'm probably more like a man with lipgloss and 76 pairs of shoes because Ammar told me to stop saying that. Oops. :innocent:

I doubt he's looking for an RUBer (that's what she said! sorry, I couldn't resist). :) He mentioned that one thing he liked about me was that every day, before we went into the field, I took the time to get completely made up even though I knew that I would be getting dirty. Honestly, it's a function of being too vain to not do it, but he can form his own opinions. :) At any rate, Slim or Mox can tell you how truly horrifying it is to see my picture and how much I am like a linebacker (or is it fat and bald? and old? You can choose. It's more fun that way!).

I know someday I'll have to have another car, and I don't know how I will part with my Honda. At any rate, it is going to have to be another 5-speed. I will not drive a manual. Where is the fun and control in that?!

Excuse me while I take my gun off and put it in the drawer. This is only the second topic that caused me to do that...ever. The other was the mistake of answering a post about "Twitter" and "tweets".

So you have a car that caries 55 gallon tubs (why?), 10' boards, bales of hay, AND etc. and it is seafoam green? Am I clear on this? Are these tubs FULL when you pick them up? (trying to imagine the thighs and shoulders fitting in size 6 shoes and size 2 dress)

I also need to know...your husband has a WIFE that carries 55 gallon tubs, 10' boards, bales of hay AND etc. in her seafoam green...car? Truck? Whatever? :wow:

Alla drives a silver sports car with black convertible top which easily carries all the extra pairs of heels, lipsticks, nail polish AND etc. she needs for life. She drives OVER creeks on a bridge, swims in the creeks in the summer (naked of course) She won't even take the car to a drive through car wash, she has me to wash it by hand. :lol: Just clarifying. Are you sure you aren't your husband hanging out in the RUB forum hoping for a stray Ukrainiette? (or is it Ukrainiova?) :lol:

OK, finished, re-arming here.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

My husband lets me do my own gardening things. He would probably so much prefer I not do it though, as I think it freaks him out to see what I have managed to bring home. The 55 gal tubs were empty and weighed all of what, 25lbs? which is nothing to lift. I decided I wanted to try raised potato and peanut growing. It worked out wonderfully.

Plus, my car and I have been together longer than my husband and I have. Some of this is from before I met him... I don't have a truck although I could probably use one at times. Also, I grew up with the mentality that if you want something and can do it, you just do it yourself. No big deal. I would help my dad do anything and everything. This means of acting applies to just about everything. If it makes you feel any better, I had painted toenails, make-up, and lipgloss on whilst moving things like that.

Driving through a creek is an integral part of making it to certain sites for survey and excavation. No two ways around that!

I cannot imagine being consistently so... I can't think of a good word to use that doesn't have a negative connotation to it which is not what I mean here... but prissy is what is coming to mind. Try to add a neutral spin to that word and you'll understand the emotion I have regarding what I am trying to say. I never had a problem with bugs, dirt, getting dirty... or using what I was given or got for myself (like my car). I won't say I'm probably more like a man with lipgloss and 76 pairs of shoes because Ammar told me to stop saying that. Oops. :innocent:

I doubt he's looking for an RUBer (that's what she said! sorry, I couldn't resist). :) He mentioned that one thing he liked about me was that every day, before we went into the field, I took the time to get completely made up even though I knew that I would be getting dirty. Honestly, it's a function of being too vain to not do it, but he can form his own opinions. :) At any rate, Slim or Mox can tell you how truly horrifying it is to see my picture and how much I am like a linebacker (or is it fat and bald? and old? You can choose. It's more fun that way!).

I know someday I'll have to have another car, and I don't know how I will part with my Honda. At any rate, it is going to have to be another 5-speed. I will not drive a manual. Where is the fun and control in that?!

No need for an armed response Gary :lol:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Oh, Alla is prissy, she has no problemns with bugs, dirt, greasy lawn mowers, putting gasoline in cars and other such horrible things. She has a husband for that. I make no bones about it and also do not consider it negative.

Alla loves gardening. She puts on shorts, halter top and low heels and points where Pasha and I are supposed to dig holes and plant things. all of which is better than digging holes without a beautiful woman nearby in low heels, shorts and halter top (though Pasha would probably be more interested if Alla was 15...and not his mother) She goes to nurseries and garden centers (she LOVES those) and I follow behind with a flatbed cart and load up what she points at. LOL Sometimes two or three flatbed carts. Did I mention she LOVES those places?

Alla had a mini-van, she learned to drive a mini-van. It was a good practical All Wheel Drive (important in Vermont even for civilized roads) with a set of winter tires on rims, and good for hauling a teenage son and all his friends to various places. But then she saw a Pontiac Solstice and she shrugged off her soccer mom van and now will zoom around with a top down sports car! (when it is warm enough...maybe three weeks in July) I have to admit it is damn fun to drive but the thing gets stuck in snow on the driveway...not a good Vermont "winter car" and I am getting a bit tired of pushing her out of the driveway every morning. She lets me drive her car to get gasoline. It could carry a 10' board if you slung it under the car and tied it up to the bumpers. And if it was a 1x board. A 2x4 would probably drag the ground. Anyway that's what the van and my truck are for.

No need for an armed response Gary :lol:

Oh, no problem Brad. It is just that I cannot feel comfortable being armed and talking about seafoam green cars. Just isn't appropriate, do you think?

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.