Brad and Vika

Flower Power

556 posts in this topic

My great grandmother grew up on a farm in Kentucky in the late 1800s.

We were into MOBs before MOBs were cool! :D

MOBs were fairly common during the gold rushes of the mid-1800s, that's where the term "mail-order" originally came from. They would have catalogs out west and up in Alaska that would advertise women back east. If the man paid the fee he could "order" the wife.

The internet just took it from print media to the present.

I usually tell MOB bashers who don't know us that there was a web special price

I just ask them why they're still married to an ugly 200lb. woman. "And you're judging me?"

I tell them that her attraction to me is purely physical and I understand that, but I am OK with it. :P

When people ask me how I got my wife I just make the baby's arm holding an apple sign. "It's not the money and it's obviously not my good looks..... so that just leaves one thing."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

MOBs were fairly common during the gold rushes of the mid-1800s, that's where the term "mail-order" originally came from. They would have catalogs out west and up in Alaska that would advertise women back east. If the man paid the fee he could "order" the wife.

The internet just took it from print media to the present.

I just ask them why they're still married to an ugly 200lb. woman. "And you're judging me?"

When people ask me how I got my wife I just make the baby's arm holding an apple sign. "It's not the money and it's obviously not my good looks..... so that just leaves one thing."

Baby's arm holding an apple? The visual escapes me. :blink:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

The Philipine forum has fast become my entertainment forum of choice although the indepth discussions on sputum tests really gross me out!

I just went there and checked it out. I have to stay away from there. Too much potential trouble.

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife is a MOB. So if it comes up in a conversation, I just say "yes" and smile broadly. No "accidental meetings." No fortuitous, romantic circumstances. No acts of god. I went deliberately after a Russian woman for marriage. I did not marry the first Russian woman I met. I guess you could say I went through the classifieds.

I deliberately and unashamedly used the internet to span the distance beyween the USA and Russia...kind of like the gold miners used paper ads with drawings of women to span a long and rugged distance. Nothing romantic or magical about it. I'm not a big "It was fate" guy, so no way to be creative in telling my story or jazz up how I met my wife. Undoubtedly, some of us probably have a dirty miner or crusty rancher ancestor who used the MOB system to find a mate. So, I'm just carrying on an old American tradition.

After failing to find "gold" in Moscow and Bishkek, I went where few men dare to go...into the deep Siberian interior to find the most beautiful, non English speaking, unsophisticated, blue collar, potential wife I could find. I guess I was acting like an American gold miner in 1849. I was willing to go where the gold was...no matter how harsh the environment.

My bias is the "gold" is found deep in the interior...much like real gold. I only found "fools gold" in the big city. That's based on my personal journey. YMMV.

There's no argument. My wife is an MOB.

Timeline

My wife is a MOB. So if it comes up in a conversation, I just say "yes" and smile broadly. No "accidental meetings." No fortuitous, romantic circumstances. No acts of god. I went deliberately after a Russian woman for marriage. I did not marry the first Russian woman I met. I guess you could say I went through the classifieds.

I deliberately and unashamedly used the internet to span the distance beyween the USA and Russia...kind of like the gold miners used paper ads with drawings of women to span a long and rugged distance. Nothing romantic or magical about it. I'm not a big "It was fate" guy, so no way to be creative in telling my story or jazz up how I met my wife. Undoubtedly, some of us probably have a dirty miner or crusty rancher ancestor who used the MOB system to find a mate. So, I'm just carrying on an old American tradition.

After failing to find "gold" in Moscow and Bishkek, I went where few men dare to go...into the deep Siberian interior to find the most beautiful, non English speaking, unsophisticated, blue collar, potential wife I could find. I guess I was acting like an American gold miner in 1849. I was willing to go where the gold was...no matter how harsh the environment.

My bias is the "gold" is found deep in the interior...much like real gold. I only found "fools gold" in the big city. That's based on my personal journey. YMMV.

There's no argument. My wife is an MOB.

So it means you were a wise and resourceful guy, using all the technology and tools you could to find the right woman for you. Where would anyone have a problem with that?

While I met Alla by chance, I had already decided if I would get married again, it would be to a RUB woman, that is a fact. If I had not met her by chance, I would certainly have done the same as you and many others.

I never can understand the logic of people that make a judgement about people meeting this way, yet think nothing of people trolling local bars and clubs to "meet someone", limiting oneself to local classified "singles" ads, or just meeting someone at the coin-op laundry (which means they can't afford a washing machine?) People meet people through various ways and the way they MEET has nothing to do with whether they have a successful marriage or not. Period. (except I would give very low chances to meeting people in bars, IMHO)

There seems to be a jealousy or envy among, particularly, women, at the thought of American men marrying foreign women, most particularly attractive foreign women and if the attractive foreign woman is considerably younger than the man...well, that's like the jackpot of offenses. :lol: Personally I couldn't care less if all the American women want to marry Antonio Banderas-like foreign men. They can have them.

Basically I could not possibly care less how people meet and fall in love, or even if they are in love for that matter. None of my concern. If you two adults are happy with your situation, then go for it! Be happy. If you get hot sex and she gets a better home for herself and children...great! That's a marriage that will probably last a long time. Who says marriage is not supposed to have benefits? There is just way too much trouble in life as it is to make up stuff that doesn't exist except in someone's imagination. I think some of these people just really need to have a heart attack or get shot or something so they stop worrying about trivial BS. They would be a lot happier.

Gary And Alla

The American feminists did it to themselves. An attractive woman here has been enabled to be a superstar throughout her whole life. She gets paid more, has an easier life, and typically has nicer things. Women enabled this to happen, not men.

In FSU, where women are typically attractive as the rule - not the exception - they're not entitled to the same benefits.

In relation to MOBs and the standoffishness of women here when encountering them it's almost the same as "I can't believe she got that promotion." They've been putting up with the same thing their entire lives yet do nothing to stop it. I'm just thankful I don't have to take part in it anymore. I'm no longer complicit. "No, that dress doesn't make you look fat. Your @ss makes you look fat."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

The way I look at it, it's just like anything else...when the local market ceases to be competitive, you outsource.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The way I look at it, it's just like anything else...when the local market ceases to be competitive, you outsource.

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I agree completely. . .

No longer in the hands of the USCIS, for my wife at least, next up MIL.

When I got off the plane in Minsk I went to the nearest "wife store" and asked for the red head w/bad attitude section, and this is what I ended up with. Low maintenance, low mileage, low payments, and drives/handles like a dream. :hehe:

j/k of course...

kira3k.jpg

kira2x.jpg

kira11.jpg

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I chose my wife from an online catalog (really).

I had been looking at US catalogs but all that those sites were "matching" for me was......not what I was looking for or meaning to invest in.

My Russian investment pays back in big ways but not at the waistline.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Low maintenance, low mileage, low payments..... I got a lemon!

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I had been looking at US catalogs but all that those sites were "matching" for me was......not what I was looking for or meaning to invest in.

Globalization of this market pays off big time for the 'consumer' here! :lol: If the local 'sellers' want to remain competitive they will need to make certain adjustments/improvements in the product line!

I tried to shop locally but availability of a high quality product at a reasonable cost just wasn't there! It turns out I live in an area with a much higher demand than supply of what I need. Expanding my search to the entire US resulted in finding suitable choices but it turns out that shipping here was impossible! Foreign built, especially FSU, is so much better value for the investment I would highly recommend it to any of my friends. And it turns out that shipping here isn't that difficult, just a bit of bureaucracy!

Timeline

:rofl:

Phil has always been pretty direct about it. I love it.

Seems like the local women "price themselves off the market" so to speak and then get mad when you go elsewhere. Sheeesh. The fact is the world is just a whole lot smaller than it was, whole new worlds have opened up since the end of the SU. It is easy as can be to talk to people anywhere in the world and even see them on a computer which almost everyone has access to. we find out that not all the women in the world are like they are here and some of us like what we see elsewhere better. Big surprise. A plane ticket to Kiev can be had for the same price as a ticket to Kalifornia, for me at least, so why not? The visa fees don't hardly amount to a dating romance here.

Alla has a simple philosophy..."Whatever you want, get it from me...I am your wife" How does one go wrong with that?

Globalization of this market pays off big time for the 'consumer' here! :lol: If the local 'sellers' want to remain competitive they will need to make certain adjustments/improvements in the product line!

I tried to shop locally but availability of a high quality product at a reasonable cost just wasn't there! It turns out I live in an area with a much higher demand than supply of what I need. Expanding my search to the entire US resulted in finding suitable choices but it turns out that shipping here was impossible! Foreign built, especially FSU, is so much better value for the investment I would highly recommend it to any of my friends. And it turns out that shipping here isn't that difficult, just a bit of bureaucracy!

:thumbs:

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.