Brad and Vika

Flower Power

556 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks! My MIL just sent that my wife. I had no idea she was so handy with photoshop.

It's true...you'd have a hard time finding a more photogenic group anywhere, I think. Now the USCs are another story! hahaha

Our (USC husband's) best and most desireable features cannot be revealed by a mere camera...even heavily photoshop'd :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Our (USC husband's) best and most desireable features cannot be revealed by a mere camera...even heavily photoshop'd :lol:

I resemble that remark :rofl:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Well said! :lol:

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Just to quickly respond to Slim ( whom I think is one of the funniest, most honest, prolific and down to earth posters this site has ever known)....I wasn't trolling. I may be the USC female ( USA born but raised British) and I know that comes with certain erm stereotypes.....BUT....it really is wonderful to see people of any nationality be proud of their spouse and it's all over the forums here. really I have no agenda other than bragging and being proud of my husband.

You weren't trolling but what I'm used to seeing is folks stop by here to tell us how much better their "visitor" spouse is. When you add stuff to the conversation, by all means, come on back and have some pie. But, what typically happens to the interlopers is they stop by to "help" on our forum and then someone gets a TOS violation. I'm all for respecting the TOS but if you come to my house and pee on my rug I expect you to replace it. I mean, I don't pee on your rug, do I?

Slim, ever think about writing a book? You do have talent!

I have one started from many, many years ago. However, being a writer doesn't pay well until after you get published. I have a contact that owns a publishing company so perhaps someday, if I can find the time, I'll finish it up.

I have the story, the characters all developed, etc., just need to get it all out and done. I have three or four chapters done, just need to pen the rest.

On a semi-related note, a girl I went to high school with started a promotion company recently and is trying to get me to do some standup. I've thought it over but when you look at how many years those dudes have to sleep in their cars or give cunninlingus to old women, it's just not worth it. Who wants to be a millionaire anyway? I don't care about having a sitcom. I'd much rather just make a sex tape and then have a reality show E! and clothing line on QVC. That's where the real money's at.

Agree 100%. ...and it would be BAD marketing strategy to limit your possible sales to just one section of people. You may think i'm being sarcastic or whatever..I'm not. I like money and you have a talent that probably will make money. Go for it :) . Seriously.

Chris Rock said he'd go to retirement homes in Florida to practice his comedy. "If old white Jews laugh at my sh!t, then I know I'm a funny motherfcuker and I know it'll work on anybody."

I figured you'd get it! Hey...I think we *should* start sending you out to the other forums. They won't know what hit them! Endless good reading material for slow work days!!!

I would, but that'd be like sitting outside the Plus Size dressing room eating a Cinnabon. It's just too easy.

Now the USCs are another story! hahaha

Where's the link to my mugshot?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

You weren't trolling but what I'm used to seeing is folks stop by here to tell us how much better their "visitor" spouse is. When you add stuff to the conversation, by all means, come on back and have some pie. But, what typically happens to the interlopers is they stop by to "help" on our forum and then someone gets a TOS violation. I'm all for respecting the TOS but if you come to my house and pee on my rug I expect you to replace it. I mean, I don't pee on your rug, do I?

Believe it or not...I know exactly what you mean....when I first met Mark and we were flying, writing and eventually petitioning for his immigration, I met with alot of ' advice' from ' well meaning' folks IRL telling me that ' there are millions of great men here...blah blah....'.....and there are-----I just happened to fall in love with him. People called me nuts and some men here in the US down right insulted

and assumed I was somehow dissing the entire male population of America which was ridiculous.....so I understand the sabre rattling ( defensiveness?) when you get people floating by a forum that really has nothing to do with their own immigration ( me) ....It just struck me that we all have something in common ( proud of our spouses)....that and Slim is an awesome writer!

No one is peeing anywhere.

Here is something I have noticed ( and it's off topic) - You guys are roughly in the same age group...but have you noticed the Philipine forum and to a lesser extent the MENA forum is not quite so? No judgements-just a thing I noticed on the time I've been on VJ.

I'll take any pie but Banoffee ( my sister made some last time I was visiting the UK-OMG it's F*&King horrid).

edit-I used the word interloper alittle tongue in cheek because I remember ages ago there was a huge clusterfluff about ppl interloping on forums....

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Believe it or not...I know exactly what you mean....when I first met Mark and we were flying, writing and eventually petitioning for his immigration, I met with alot of ' advice' from ' well meaning' folks IRL telling me that ' there are millions of great men here...blah blah....'.....and there are-----I just happened to fall in love with him. People called me nuts and some men here in the US down right insulted

and assumed I was somehow dissing the entire male population of America which was ridiculous.....so I understand the sabre rattling ( defensiveness?) when you get people floating by a forum that really has nothing to do with their own immigration ( me) ....It just struck me that we all have something in common ( proud of our spouses)....that and Slim is an awesome writer!

No one is peeing anywhere.

Here is something I have noticed ( and it's off topic) - You guys are roughly in the same age group...but have you noticed the Philipine forum and to a lesser extent the MENA forum is not quite so? No judgements-just a thing I noticed on the time I've been on VJ.

I'll take any pie but Banoffee ( my sister made some last time I was visiting the UK-OMG it's F*&King horrid).

edit-I used the word interloper alittle tongue in cheek because I remember ages ago there was a huge clusterfluff about ppl interloping on forums....

I love trolling those two forums...I never post in them, but I read them for cheap entertainment when I'm bored.

On a side note... a few us here have a significant age gap with our spouses. There's like a 19 year difference with me and my wife. I still get accused of "buying a wife" even though that wasn't the case....let them think what they want. It could be worse...I could be one of those American chicks in the MENA forums who had to change over to Islam in order to get married. :hehe:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

The Philipine forum has fast become my entertainment forum of choice although the indepth discussions on sputum tests really gross me out!

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

On a side note... a few us here have a significant age gap with our spouses. There's like a 19 year difference with me and my wife. I still get accused of "buying a wife" even though that wasn't the case....let them think what they want. It could be worse...I could be one of those American chicks in the MENA forums who had to change over to Islam in order to get married. :hehe:

I have the same situation. Usually I don't sweat it, but occasionally use the fact to irritate some one who gets up on the MOB soap box :devil:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Both born in the same century is normal (IMHO). :lol:

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The Philipine forum has fast become my entertainment forum of choice although the indepth discussions on sputum tests really gross me out!

:rolleyes: you obviously haven't noticed the i'm on my period should i go have the medical threads or the i have hemorrhoids can that be a denial on the medical threads.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I have the same situation. Usually I don't sweat it, but occasionally use the fact to irritate some one who gets up on the MOB soap box :devil:

I've gotten the MOB thing a few times as well, especially since we found each other on a website. I'm convinced in our case it was really just fate though...a repetition of my family history, only with a modern twist.

My great grandmother grew up on a farm in Kentucky in the late 1800s. One of the things they sold at this farm was eggs, and for some reason, she wrote her name and address on one of these eggs. It ended up at a hotel in New York City where it was found by the head chef who got curious about it and decided to write. Long story short, after corresponding for many months, they decided to meet each other, fell in love, ended up getting married, and gave birth to my grandfather.

We were into MOBs before MOBs were cool! :D

Edited by LvivLovers

Wife's visa journey:

MIL's visa journey:

I've gotten the MOB thing a few times as well, especially since we found each other on a website. I'm convinced in our case it was really just fate though...a repetition of my family history, only with a modern twist.

My great grandmother grew up on a farm in Kentucky in the late 1800s. One of the things they sold at this farm was eggs, and for some reason, she wrote her name and address on one of these eggs. It ended up at a hotel in New York City where it was found by the head chef who got curious about it and decided to write. Long story short, after corresponding for many months, they decided to meet each other, fell in love, ended up getting married, and gave birth to my grandfather.

We were into MOBs before MOBs were cool! :D

Although we met in person first, I usually tell MOB bashers who don't know us that there was a web special price on women her age that day, and I couldn't pass it by. VIka is not fond of that sort of humor.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Although we met in person first, I usually tell MOB bashers who don't know us that there was a web special price on women her age that day, and I couldn't pass it by. VIka is not fond of that sort of humor.

Nice! :lol: My wife didn't even understand the whole MOB thing and I had to explain it to her. She was like WHAAAAAAT? That's awful!!!!

Wife's visa journey:

MIL's visa journey:

Timeline

:rolleyes: you obviously haven't noticed the i'm on my period should i go have the medical threads or the i have hemorrhoids can that be a denial on the medical threads.

:rofl:

Again, not judging, but it seems that there are a LOT of Philippine beneficiaries posting and almost NONE of the RUB beneficiaries. Why is that? I mean, I know our wives and fiancees expect us men to take care of those things and just tell them where to sign, but wat gives with that really?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

We have, ahem, 12 years difference. Not so much and even only a little more than is common in US marriages. I have had a couple people give me a hard time and say "So how did you end up with HER?" I tell them that her attraction to me is purely physical and I understand that, but I am OK with it. :P

#### 'em if they can't take a joke.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.