Brad and Vika

Flower Power

556 posts in this topic

True, but "Thunder Over Louisville" was worth it. A few years ago they did the "reenactment" of Pearl Harbor and I had to wonder what people driving across the bridge had to think when they saw the Jap Zeros zooming down and bombing the barges/battleships in the river! Imagine some family driving down to Florida from Chicago looking out the window into the prop of a WW2 fighter and explosions in the river. #######!!!!!!!! :lol:

I tried to stay away from downtown projects during that two week period!

I have spent plenty of time at the track during Derby week. Working mostly. I really do try to get out of town during the festivities if I can.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Thunder over Louisville sounds awesome!

.... off to google...

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have spent plenty of time at the track during Derby week. Working mostly. I really do try to get out of town during the festivities if I can.

But Brad, the infield on derby day is something that every man should experience ONCE in life...don't you think?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thunder over Louisville sounds awesome!

.... off to google...

It is and you are just a short drive up I-71. It is always 2 weeks before the first Saturday in May (unless that is Easter weekend, then it is 3 weeks before) Thunder bills itself as the "World's Largest Fireworks Show" and it is incredible...also an awesome air and water show. But there is something like 1 million people there. Go early. :lol:

Also don't foget the Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot the 2nd weekend of April just south of Louisville. Google "Knob Creek" Occasionally Thunder and Knob Creek fall on the same weekend...Explosive Overload!

Gary And Alla

But Brad, the infield on derby day is something that every man should experience ONCE in life...don't you think?

Not if he is over twenty-five. Unless you like to be rained on, puked on, or other foul things that is. I'll stay in the boxes or the hospitality tent if I have to be there. :angry:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Not if he is over twenty-five. Unless you like to be rained on, puked on, or other foul things that is. I'll stay in the boxes or the hospitality tent if I have to be there. :angry:

OK, in the USA it helps if you are under 25, but I will refer you to the "breasts" thread. :lol:

Gary And Alla

It is and you are just a short drive up I-71. It is always 2 weeks before the first Saturday in May (unless that is Easter weekend, then it is 3 weeks before) Thunder bills itself as the "World's Largest Fireworks Show" and it is incredible...also an awesome air and water show. But there is something like 1 million people there. Go early. :lol:

Also don't foget the Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot the 2nd weekend of April just south of Louisville. Google "Knob Creek" Occasionally Thunder and Knob Creek fall on the same weekend...Explosive Overload!

I've shot at Knob Creek several times during Appleseeds. Haven't been there for the Machine Gun Shoot, but from what I've heard, it's about like the Derby anymore. Puking, cursing, boobies, etc., but not really that big of a deal if you're an adult. Cool to see, I'm sure, but after spending several years in the military and personally expending truckloads of ammo... it's not really that big of a deal to me anymore.

We have Riverfest here every year and it may not be Thunder, but like shooting and boobies - you've seen one you've seen them all. Actually, fireworks, shooting and boobies are like pizza (even when it's bad it's good) but I'm getting old enough where I'd rather forego the pleasure than fight the crowd. That being said, I'll be in Carrollton that weekend so I may just have to take a short trip on Saturday evening.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I've shot at Knob Creek several times during Appleseeds. Haven't been there for the Machine Gun Shoot, but from what I've heard, it's about like the Derby anymore. Puking, cursing, boobies, etc., but not really that big of a deal if you're an adult. Cool to see, I'm sure, but after spending several years in the military and personally expending truckloads of ammo... it's not really that big of a deal to me anymore.

We have Riverfest here every year and it may not be Thunder, but like shooting and boobies - you've seen one you've seen them all. Actually, fireworks, shooting and boobies are like pizza (even when it's bad it's good) but I'm getting old enough where I'd rather forego the pleasure than fight the crowd. That being said, I'll be in Carrollton that weekend so I may just have to take a short trip on Saturday evening.

I have come to the conclusion you are older than me and been married much longer. :yes:

Unless something happened in the last few years, I haven't been to Knob Creek for maybe 7 years, it was a decent gathering at that time. No puking to be seen, some boobies threatening to burst free, but none actually waving in the breeze, and nothing really to discourage families. Admittedly it has been a few years.

Thunder is a huge crowd scene and I wouldn't imagine you would have a "short trip to Louisville on Saturday evening" if it is Thunder weekend. I did go to two of them and watched the rest on TV.

Gary And Alla

No, I'm not older although I do think I've been married longer. (12/06.)

I haven't been to the Machine Gun Shoot I'm just basing what I've heard on what other old married dudes have told me. I doubt I'll make it down to Thunder since crowds don't really appeal to me anymore.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

No, I'm not older although I do think I've been married longer. (12/06.)

I haven't been to the Machine Gun Shoot I'm just basing what I've heard on what other old married dudes have told me. I doubt I'll make it down to Thunder since crowds don't really appeal to me anymore.

Are we talking current marriage? Or cumulative? :lol: I was married to an American woman for 21 years, so that is like 175 in dog years. Current is from 9/2008 so you got me beat there. I may be older but young enough that shooting machine guns is still a kick in the pants, but less so when I am paying for the ammo. :yes:

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

is this what you have to do to earn points ? is it really worth it

I bought Tanya a dozen roses when she arrived here, 11 in a bouquet and 1 on her pillow. A week later I came home to what appeared to be an empty house but after a few minutes of looking I found her provocatively posed in the garden tub with rose petals floating around her and candles everywhere. Did I earn points? Duh! Was it worth it? Double duh!!

She gets roses regularly now... (F) (F) = :thumbs:

Edited by NavarreMan

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

I bought Tanya a dozen roses when she arrived here, 11 in a bouquet and 1 on her pillow. A week later I came home to what appeared to be an empty house but after a few minutes of looking I found her provocatively posed in the garden tub with rose petals floating around her and candles everywhere. Did I earn points? Duh! Was it worth it? Double duh!!

She gets roses regularly now... (F) (F) = :thumbs:

My original point exactly! Thanks dude!

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Flowers do seem to be magical in the way that nothing else is, for sure. I've yet to find anything that gets even close to same reaction. I try not to overdo it though, I'm afraid if I rub the lamp too much the genie will stop coming out. :lol:

Keep giving the genie flowers and you won't have to "rub the lamp"! :rofl: ...sometimes I kill myself - sorry 'bout that one Mox! Warped humor hard at work.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.