Brad and Vika

Flower Power

556 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
[quote name='Март

'

I'm tired of this back and forth bs anyway.

Then stop talking.

Oh...duh! why didn't I think of that? :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

See through Burkas? ... that sound hottly naughty.

Doh, careful about Googling see through Burkas with the kids around... "I'm telling Anna!" ... it's for Anna... "Gross!"... go to your room.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Are there see-through burkas? Something for the wedding night? Victorias Burkas? Peek-a-boo burkas

In some countries burkas are actually pretty fashionable. Girls decorate them with different colors and designs, beads, sequins, etc. As for a "special" burka for that special occasion... I didn't see any.

Under the burka there's a lot of room for imagination.

Nowhere in that oath are the words that correspond to the demands you are making.

I don't know. We were just looking at the Oath this week and it raised more than a few questions for both my wife and I. As a citizen there were things I wouldn't be 100% comfortable saying, I can only imagine what an immigrant feels.

I wonder if they've changed it or if that's been the Oath for a long time. If you guys haven't read it for a while, check it out. Kind of spooky.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Doh, careful about Googling see through Burkas with the kids around... "I'm telling Anna!" ... it's for Anna... "Gross!"... go to your room.

Oh, the fashion potential of the burka! See through, velcro tear-away, edible (well, maybe not that last one). I wonder if burkas are like kilts - you know, maybe nothing underneath? That would explain how MENA girls can stay cool in a black burka in 100+ degree heat.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline
Oh, the fashion potential of the burka! See through, velcro tear-away, edible (well, maybe not that last one). I wonder if burkas are like kilts - you know, maybe nothing underneath? That would explain how MENA girls can stay cool in a black burka in 100+ degree heat.

:rofl:

edible? I am not sure I am ever THAT hungry.

:lol:

This is a great page!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
I don't know. We were just looking at the Oath this week and it raised more than a few questions for both my wife and I. As a citizen there were things I wouldn't be 100% comfortable saying, I can only imagine what an immigrant feels.

I wonder if they've changed it or if that's been the Oath for a long time. If you guys haven't read it for a while, check it out. Kind of spooky.

I refreshed my memory, because I went to the Oath ceremony with my sister recently... Yeah.... there's some things in there that are just outright weird. Then again, who cares, I have my passport already hehe

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Then again, who cares, I have my passport already hehe

That seems to be the basic sentiment. "I'll say whatever they want me to say as long as I get that blue passport afterwards."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
That seems to be the basic sentiment. "I'll say whatever they want me to say as long as I get that blue passport afterwards."

Well, that, and I pay my taxes :) So, considering I've never received any handouts from the goverment - it's a decent deal all around

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The oath is kind of weird. How come it isn't enforceable?

The oath is kind of weird. How come it isn't enforceable?

Probably is, just not practical.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline
Probably is, just not practical.

It's not enforceable.

Just think about some parts of the oath, where you renounce allegiance to any other country and yadda yadda. Yet, US Govt lets you keep any number of foreign passports...

stuff like that

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

It's not enforceable.

Just think about some parts of the oath, where you renounce allegiance to any other country and yadda yadda. Yet, US Govt lets you keep any number of foreign passports...

stuff like that

I disagree. The passports are the property of another government, although the US government COULD force every new citizen to turn in their old passport as a condition of issuing a new American one. They COULD deport any immigrant that engages in what the government would define as anti-American activity. They COULD simply allow thugs spouting party propaganda to just beat the ####### out of any foreigner or immigrant (identified as such in their special-class new citizen passport) who protests or says anything negative about the President or our glorious motherland, or even looks like they belong somewhere else. Wait a minute..... that just doesn't sound like America - maybe it IS somewhere else?

In any event, doing that stuff just isn't practical, although some of it could be called enforcement. Think of the money it would cost to start detaining or deporting every pain-in-the-azz dissident that has an opinion. Hell, I would probably be on the list for deportation :lol: No offense meant here, but I see loads of yadda criticism of America (and that is fine I think - 1st Amendment yadda yadda) but lots of anger when any one is critical of Ukraine or Russia.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The Oath:

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

What's not enforceable? What's weird?

The Oath:

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

What's not enforceable? What's weird?

Say I take the oath with no purpose other than evasion (say, to obtain a passoprt). How would you actually prove or enforce anything? It is all enforceable, but it isn't practical to try.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Yeah, CHarles will come in and lock it, but we made it to page 10, so it's all I care about :)

I'm done with this thread.

Sorry, I almost failed to deny this shot from the top of the key.

Some one may lock it but it won't be Charles. He may appear, but not to enter the battle. Every time Charles posts that the sky is blue over the RUB forum, mox sends Ewok 10,000 email, reports, and a spreadsheet citing his lack of objectivity, short-sightedness, and obvious color blindness. The last email said taht Charles should be removed from the moderation team, vj, the entire internet, drawn and quartered, and each piece of him sent into the core of the sun. Not sure what the root is of the conflict, but it is so entertaining that I hope Ewok lets it go on forever :lol:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.