Dusty B

Getting married on April 11th in Indonesia, will we have time for her to return with me?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi does the religious wedding your going to have, don't include any paper signing and passing it to the Indonesian government? You said its for the sake of your fiancees family and religious belief, right? If that's the case when you two proceed to the religious wedding make sure that there is no signing papers and passing it. ^^ Then during your fiancees interview just don't let her state that you had the religious wedding but without no papers coz for sure it will complicate. And that religious wedding doesn't make it legal anyway as long as there is no such thing as paper works. It happens to my friends in the Philippines that kind of ceremony but we called it a Blessing.

(AOS Sent 12/31/09)

AOS NOA letter received 1/12/10

1/6/10 received date

1/8/10 notice date

Biometrics letter received 1/25/10

01/14/10 notice date

02/04/10 appointment date

(AED Sent 1/19/10)

AED NOA letter received 1/29/10

1/21/10 received date

1/27/10 notice date

Biometrics letter received 2/2/10

1/29/10 notice date

2/17/10 appointment date

(RFE med exam)

RFE letter received 1/25/10

Notice dated 1/22/10

2/08/10 RFE response sent

2/16/10 received date by uscis MO

(Interview)

Appointment letter received 3/17/2010

Notice dated 3/10/2010

Interview date 4/14/2010

Approved GC 4/14/2010

If your fiancee insists that she still wants to have a grand wedding ceremony in cathedral in Jakarta, then you have to abandon your K1 application and then you have to endure some months of separation while filing for CR1 visa.

But if you still want to pursue the K1 visa which is already approved and just a half way to go before the interview, explain to your fiancee to not expect to get married in Indonesia instead in the US.

Listen to the other members's advices, your fiancee can not enter the US with K1 visa if you get married in Indonesia.

Good Luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You have got very good advices here. Especially from 'heat death'.

Don't screw things up now! You are sooo close!!

Why don't you push the religious wedding for a few months, go to the US, get married and when she receives GC/AP you guys can fly back to Indonesia and have the religious wedding?

I have a brazilian friend who got married in the US (J1 visa) and applied for AOS. Unfortunately her GC (neither AP) didn't arrive by the time of her religious wedding in Brazil. She had paid everything for the party already and couldn't cancel it.

So they decided to abandon the AOS, fly to Brazil, have the ceremony and apply for CR1. I know it's hard, but some times you gotta make though decisions.

I don't know if she already has the visa (not sure if by "approved" you mean the interview or the 129F petition - please fill in your timeline), so if she has the visa in hand, book her a flight to America ASAP, get married, apply for AOS, make a infopass and ask for an emergency 'advance parole', and in April 11th she will be able to go to her country with you and have the ceremony.

Good luck!

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
I know in Morocco, you can have a religious wedding, which is not reported to the governemnt. It is not seen as legal until you do report it.

It's also not a religious wedding. Islam doesn't condone fake marriages for the purpose of cohabitation. It requires legality and the ability to enforce one's obligations.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.