rocky road

Due Date on Interview Day- Montreal

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

My fiance and I have filed for our K1 Visa in Aug 2009. And I finally got my interview schedule for April 14, 2010. But I have a problem with this because I am pregnant and the day of my interview. Is the day I am due, give or take a few days. And we have got everything done so that the baby birth is covered in the US. All our insurance is up to date and ready for when I get to the US and marry my fiance. I honestly thought I would have been in the US by March. So we can have our baby together. I don't want to have the baby without the father being there.

So what can I do get my interview moved up a couple of weeks????

Anyone please help me

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Honestly I wouldn't chance moving the interview date...You know how long they've been backed up and who knows if this is a permanent thing or if it would take months to get another date.

Of course, if you're fine with this then change your date. :)

Or maybe you'd make the CO so nervous he/she would give you your approval in like 10 seconds. LOL

And since it's so early in the morning I completely skipped over the word "up". I'm taking that to mean that you want to have an earlier one?? I would contact them, tell them the situation and ask if they could give you an earlier spot. But under no circumstances should you let them give up your original date until they find you an earlier one. Someone had a problem with changing their dates and the person they spoke to gave up their first date before giving them a second. Bad day!

Edited by Kayla*Mathew

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Honestly I wouldn't chance moving the interview date...You know how long they've been backed up and who knows if this is a permanent thing or if it would take months to get another date.

Of course, if you're fine with this then change your date. :)

Or maybe you'd make the CO so nervous he/she would give you your approval in like 10 seconds. LOL

And since it's so early in the morning I completely skipped over the word "up". I'm taking that to mean that you want to have an earlier one?? I would contact them, tell them the situation and ask if they could give you an earlier spot. But under no circumstances should you let them give up your original date until they find you an earlier one. Someone had a problem with changing their dates and the person they spoke to gave up their first date before giving them a second. Bad day!

I have not read to much about getting interview dates "improved", many cases where a delay was requested. You would have a very valid reason to request a delay. One thing you should never do is plan for things to happen until the visa is in hand.

I'll give you a very simple example - My fiancee was approved at interview so I bought our flight tickets. When we returned to the consulate to pick it up we got an RFE!!! It turns out it was very minor, just needed to resubmit fingerprints because the origianls were not ok for some reason. But the delay to resubmit and then wait for the visa was three weeks! I had to cancel our tickets, pay penalties to the airline etc....

You never know what may crop up so play it safe. Your not in till your in!!!!!!!!!!!

I just happen to recall another couple and the fiancee was VERY pregnant. They were through a difficult consulate and it was one of the shortest interviews ever known to have happened there!!! Pink and out the door! I dont think the CO wanted to be involed in delivering a baby hehe!

Best of Luck to you and best wishes for your upcoming beautiful new baby!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.