Clinton76

Unable to work and filed k-1 visa??

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I haven't been able to work full time since July of 2006, because of severe depession, anxiety and IBS..I have tried to go back to work a couple times since, but i couldn't handle it. After I quit my job after 10 years of working in 2006, I went temporary disability, that ran out in Aug of 2007 and I have also filed for pernament disability and after over 3 years of waiting, I'm now waiting for a hearing, which should happen sometime in march of this year. I have plenty of doucumentation to show my disability's, but my main worry is because i have yet to recieve any disability benifits for now, I have no income to support my fiancee!!! I do have plenty of saving after selling my house last year, but i hear you have to have at least 100,000 dollars for that to work. I have made attemts to find work here over the last couple of months since i filed our petition in december, but the unemployment rate here is about 25 percent, so I've had no luck. So, I decided to go back to school as of this year full time and get my certificate in Medical billing. My sister is going to co-sponser, but I know its up to the embassy to decide if they want to except them or not. So, my first question is does my fiancee have a chance of getting apporoved, since i have no income right now, but am going to school full time??

Also I would like to attend her interview if I can and would that help our case?

Please any advice on this would help wheather its good or bad? cause I just stressing out about everything, cause that's what I do and worry way too much also!!!

Hi Clint! If you filed already then just wait on what the USCIS reply. But I also wants to share my experience with my Fiance who have nothing financially nor properties but He is able to bring me here in US. But through his parents co sponsorship I'm here. He just graduated from college in Year 2007 and decided to file the next yr. He only have at least 2K in his bank account and in your case obviously you have more money. But I guess what really matter is the proof of relationship. And also when he filed for my K1 he hired a lawyer. My fiance's been coming back and forth in the Phils since 2004 till 2009 doing missions in my church. But we became a couple on '05 and engaged in '07. I hope you have enough evidence to prove your relationship with her. If you do then in my opinion there is a chance.

I will message you the evidence we sent. It may help more if you haven't filed yet. ^^ I'm not a lawyer but your situation and my fiance ( husband ) where close.

And if you can hire a lawyer please do and if you got approved much better if your with her during the interview. The CO may ask you to be with your fiance during the interview or not. At least your there coz its also a plus during the interview. Your fiancee can tell the CO that your there with her. That is what we did before.^^ like I said seriousness and honesty of the relationship is more important.

Hello and thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I filled her petition on Dec. 8th and will be going with her to her interview, whenever that may be. I did spend 3 weeks with her, back in October. I want to go back and see her tomorrow, as I miss her so much!!! My sister is going to co-sponser her and I hear its better to have a close relative co-sponer, than anyone else. I not super rich, but will defintly look into getting a lawyer to help us out. That would be great if you can send me the evidence you used to get your visa!!!

Thanks so much and God Bless!!!

Timeline

For those who say the OP doesn't need the added stress, many psychiatrists have noted that patients with depression and anxiety disorders often experience a dramatic improvement in their conditions when they enter into a stable and happy relationship. Their use of medication often goes down, and their level of functioning improves. Conversely, an unstable and unhappy relationship can have the opposite effect. Much of the stress involved in a relationship with a foreigner comes from the US government's visa process, and not from the relationship.

Clinton76, have you seen a gastroenterologist about your IBS? I know somebody who was diagnosed with a severe anxiety disorder, and later diagnosed with IBS. Years later, a colonoscopy revealed she had Crohn's disease, rather than IBS. She'd only had a sigmoidoscopy when she was diagnosed with IBS, so they never saw the lesions caused by the Crohn's - they only saw the spasms in the sigmoid colon, which they incorrectly concluded were caused by IBS. Once treatment for the Crohn's began, the anxiety symptoms decreased dramatically. A malfunctioning colon can introduce toxins in your blood that won't show up in a standard blood chemistry or CBC test. These toxins can affect your brain. Doctor's like to fall back on a diagnosis of mental illness when superficial tests don't reveal any physical disorder. Anyway, it's always a good idea to exhaust every possibility before accepting a diagnosis as fact. Doctors are the same as lawyers, and you'll get the best results from either if you are an actively involved client.

Technically, if you have more than $2000 in countable assets, then you are not eligible for SSD, which is a needs-based benefit.

Yes, I have seen several gastroenterologist and had just about every test in the book done. Thay thought I had Crohn's, but finally decided that it was all caused by stress, anxiety and depression. I know i dont qualify for SSD, I'm applying for SSID cause I did work for over 10 years before I had to quit, because of my problems.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I haven't been able to work full time since July of 2006, because of severe depession, anxiety and IBS..I have tried to go back to work a couple times since, but i couldn't handle it. After I quit my job after 10 years of working in 2006, I went temporary disability, that ran out in Aug of 2007 and I have also filed for pernament disability and after over 3 years of waiting, I'm now waiting for a hearing, which should happen sometime in march of this year. I have plenty of doucumentation to show my disability's, but my main worry is because i have yet to recieve any disability benifits for now, I have no income to support my fiancee!!! I do have plenty of saving after selling my house last year, but i hear you have to have at least 100,000 dollars for that to work. I have made attemts to find work here over the last couple of months since i filed our petition in december, but the unemployment rate here is about 25 percent, so I've had no luck. So, I decided to go back to school as of this year full time and get my certificate in Medical billing. My sister is going to co-sponser, but I know its up to the embassy to decide if they want to except them or not. So, my first question is does my fiancee have a chance of getting apporoved, since i have no income right now, but am going to school full time??

Also I would like to attend her interview if I can and would that help our case?

Please any advice on this would help wheather its good or bad? cause I just stressing out about everything, cause that's what I do and worry way too much also!!!

Hi Clint! If you filed already then just wait on what the USCIS reply. But I also wants to share my experience with my Fiance who have nothing financially nor properties but He is able to bring me here in US. But through his parents co sponsorship I'm here. He just graduated from college in Year 2007 and decided to file the next yr. He only have at least 2K in his bank account and in your case obviously you have more money. But I guess what really matter is the proof of relationship. And also when he filed for my K1 he hired a lawyer. My fiance's been coming back and forth in the Phils since 2004 till 2009 doing missions in my church. But we became a couple on '05 and engaged in '07. I hope you have enough evidence to prove your relationship with her. If you do then in my opinion there is a chance.

I will message you the evidence we sent. It may help more if you haven't filed yet. ^^ I'm not a lawyer but your situation and my fiance ( husband ) where close.

And if you can hire a lawyer please do and if you got approved much better if your with her during the interview. The CO may ask you to be with your fiance during the interview or not. At least your there coz its also a plus during the interview. Your fiancee can tell the CO that your there with her. That is what we did before.^^ like I said seriousness and honesty of the relationship is more important.

Hello and thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I filled her petition on Dec. 8th and will be going with her to her interview, whenever that may be. I did spend 3 weeks with her, back in October. I want to go back and see her tomorrow, as I miss her so much!!! My sister is going to co-sponser her and I hear its better to have a close relative co-sponer, than anyone else. I not super rich, but will defintly look into getting a lawyer to help us out. That would be great if you can send me the evidence you used to get your visa!!!

Thanks so much and God Bless!!!

I just sent my message to you. ^^

(AOS Sent 12/31/09)

AOS NOA letter received 1/12/10

1/6/10 received date

1/8/10 notice date

Biometrics letter received 1/25/10

01/14/10 notice date

02/04/10 appointment date

(AED Sent 1/19/10)

AED NOA letter received 1/29/10

1/21/10 received date

1/27/10 notice date

Biometrics letter received 2/2/10

1/29/10 notice date

2/17/10 appointment date

(RFE med exam)

RFE letter received 1/25/10

Notice dated 1/22/10

2/08/10 RFE response sent

2/16/10 received date by uscis MO

(Interview)

Appointment letter received 3/17/2010

Notice dated 3/10/2010

Interview date 4/14/2010

Approved GC 4/14/2010

So, going back to school for a career in a good paying job, doesn't help my case?? Would I be better off working at a mininum wage job here?

In the long run of course it's going to help! Don't dismay. Get your education! You can still work out the intricacy of the sponsorship. It won't help your case in terms of whether they'll give you the visa or not, but it will help you both in the future to get more education and/or retraining.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Ok, wish I would of known about this sooner! How do i cancel my K-1 petition, so I can apply for the CR-!?

1. Go to the Phillipines and marry your finacee

2. Send a certified letter to the the USCIS OR the NVC (depending where your I-129f petiiton is at that time) withdrawing the I-129f

3. Send an I-130 petition for foreign relative.

Follow the guides at this website for a CR-1, IR-1

DO NOT do anything more in your case until you read and study the guides and undersatnd the differences between the visas and decide what is best for you and your fiancee(spouse) It seems as though you have gone down a road blindly and now are getting surprised by what you are finding, that means you have not studied the process and there are many more surprises ahead if you have not done so.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
In the long run of course it's going to help! Don't dismay. Get your education! You can still work out the intricacy of the sponsorship. It won't help your case in terms of whether they'll give you the visa or not, but it will help you both in the future to get more education and/or retraining.

Agreed, education is never a waste of time. It will not, however, have any bearing on the approval of a visa but will actually benefit you in the future, so if you can, by all means, get all the education you can.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

1. Go to the Phillipines and marry your finacee

2. Send a certified letter to the the USCIS OR the NVC (depending where your I-129f petiiton is at that time) withdrawing the I-129f

3. Send an I-130 petition for foreign relative.

Follow the guides at this website for a CR-1, IR-1

DO NOT do anything more in your case until you read and study the guides and undersatnd the differences between the visas and decide what is best for you and your fiancee(spouse) It seems as though you have gone down a road blindly and now are getting surprised by what you are finding, that means you have not studied the process and there are many more surprises ahead if you have not done so.

Well, the USCIS has already had our petition for almost 2 months now and I won't get the 455 bucks back, that it cost to file. I will be down there when she has her interview, if she fails that. Do you think I'd be able to marry her then??

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Well, the USCIS has already had our petition for almost 2 months now and I won't get the 455 bucks back, that it cost to file. I will be down there when she has her interview, if she fails that. Do you think I'd be able to marry her then??

You will be able to marry her then, if you have planned in advance to do so by preparing to follow the requirements for marriage to a foreigner in the PI, including allowing enough time to do so. Whatever you do next, do it fully informed.

Hint: You become fully informed by study followed by questions. Without the study, you don't know what to ask questions about.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.