ITALO

I751 QUESTION! PLEASE HELP!

29 posts in this topic

You put yourself in a BAD BAD situation!!! You can't expect that by you filing on January 7th that you would have a response by now. That si way to much to ask for. I suggest you consult a good immigration attorney and just sit tight. You may have just screwed your ENTIRE case. You will be out of status tomorow, and now You may have to start from scratch AGAIN, and/or go back to your home country.

Someone give this dude some relaxant :D

Hi Italo,

did you send in a Money Order or a check? If you sent a check, you can see if it was cashed already from you bank.

If it was, they accepted your petition and you just need to wait for your NOA or biometrics appointment :thumbs:

i wish i had sent a check. i sent an USPS money order. i dont think theres a way to track a money order right???

everybody else thank you very much for the support!

cheers from south florida!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
i wish i had sent a check. i sent an USPS money order. i dont think theres a way to track a money order right???

Not that I know of, sorry :unsure:

05/12/04 => Arrived in the US under L1 status / work visa

03/05/05 => Met the love of my life

07/02/07 => Married my wonderful USC husband

______AOS JOURNEY________________________________

10/03/08 => Package sent to USCIS

03/03/09 => Interview in Chicago, IL =>> APPROVED!

______REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY______________

12/03/10 => Package sent to California service center

03/02/11 => 10 YR GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!

______CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY_________________________

01/20/12 => Filed N-400 for Citizenship

06/21/12 => Citizenship interview: Approved!

07/25/12 => Oath Ceremony.. DONE WITH USCIS!!

GUYSSS!!!!!! thanks for all the support and good vibes!!! received a letter telling me to go do biometrics in a week . didnt get the letter saying that my GC was extended....should i wait for it? or should I call them up??? well most important is that now, I Know that they received my package and im good to go!!! biggest relief in a long long time!!! guess now i dont have to go back to my home country like this guy said hahaha thanks guys!!! ill keep u guys posted on my case!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

ITALO,

You can go to the USCIS office and get a stamp on your passport whenever you do your biometrics. Or you can even try to make a walk-in for biometrics if you can't make it for the day of the appointment. But don't worry, you're in a good shape.

I honestly prefer to have a passport stamp as a back up just in case. It's easier to lose a piece of paper than a passport :)

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greenland
Timeline

Call NCSC and tell them you haven't received a receipt of your extension, of course do this when its been 30 days. For a bit of reference if someone doesn't file the petition to remove their conditions before expiration, and they had a compeling emergency. Then they can submit the application with a explaination of why they was late. Then its up toe USCIS discretion if they can accept it.

Good luck!

------------------- Time line -------------------

02/01/2011 - I-129F sent VIA Express mail.

/////////////////////////////////////////

02/09/2011 - NOA1 Received

////////////////////////////////////////

05/02/2011 - NOA2 Received

05/02/2011 - Plane ticket bought. Departing for Denmark 05/15/2011.

Ameq has been given a 6 month life expectancy, Please keep her in your prayers.

///////////////////////////////////////

05/30/2011 - National Visa Center Received

//////////////////////////////////////

07/06/2011 - Copenhagen Received

/////////////////////////////////////

07/10/2011 - 7:21 AM - Kolding Sygehus, Kolding, Denmark

Ameq passed away, process withdrawn.

--------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------- LEGAL AGREEMENT -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By taking my opinion or advice, hearby giving up any rights or legal actions that can be used against me under a court of law. The information that has been provided is a basic knowledge of the immigration process and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
GUYSSS!!!!!! thanks for all the support and good vibes!!! received a letter telling me to go do biometrics in a week . didnt get the letter saying that my GC was extended....should i wait for it? or should I call them up??? well most important is that now, I Know that they received my package and im good to go!!! biggest relief in a long long time!!! guess now i dont have to go back to my home country like this guy said hahaha thanks guys!!! ill keep u guys posted on my case!

I'm glad to hear that you got bio appointment letter at least :).

I'll add you to "January filers" list. Please come to thread and let us know your bio date.

You'll see 3 VSC filer (filed on 1/5-1/8) didn't get NOA like you.

So you'll find helpful stories from these filers, I hope!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

'bassagitator' date='Jan 27 2010, 10:11 PM'

You put yourself in a BAD BAD situation!!! You can't expect that by you filing on January 7th that you would have a response by now. That si way to much to ask for. I suggest you consult a good immigration attorney and just sit tight. You may have just screwed your ENTIRE case. You will be out of status tomorow, and now You may have to start from scratch AGAIN, and/or go back to your home country.

You've got to be kidding. The guy filed 20 clear days before his expiration date and you suggest he packs and leave the country? He's done exactly what the instruction says. File before your card expires. Let's all be supportive and encourage eachother rather than scream fire when there's not even smoke.

All the OP has to do is get an infopass and try to get a stamp in his passport or just wait for the NOA. It usually arrives within 2 weeks.

I filed one day (yes, 1 day!) before the expiration of my green card because I was having a tough time coming up with the very high filing fee for the I-751 removal of conditions petition, and I didn't want to take the chance of requesting a waiver on the filing fee.

Somehow everything worked out alright. I waited patiently for the biometrics letter and it arrived three weeks later. I had sent in a lot of evidence (it weighed 11 pounds), and I had filed and indexed everything as neatly and logically as I could to make the job of sorting through the evidence as easy as possible for the USCIS. It had been two years since my marriage had broken up, and we had got divorced in the interim, so I was filing alone with the waiver on the joint filing requirement.

I could have actually filed the I-751 petition as soon as my divorce but finalized instead of having to wait for the 90-day window before the expiration of the green card, but at the time, I didn't realize this.

Today is a very wonderful day for me because I received my approval letter in the mail! :) In my case, it took 5 months from filing the I-751 application until removal of the conditions.

Edited by PeacefulHeart

I filed one day (yes, 1 day!) before the expiration of my green card because I was having a tough time coming up with the very high filing fee for the I-751 removal of conditions petition, and I didn't want to take the chance of requesting a waiver on the filing fee.

Somehow everything worked out alright. I waited patiently for the biometrics letter and it arrived three weeks later. I had sent in a lot of evidence (it weighed 11 pounds), and I had filed and indexed everything as neatly and logically as I could to make the job of sorting through the evidence as easy as possible for the USCIS. It had been two years since my marriage had broken up, and we had got divorced in the interim, so I was filing alone with the waiver on the joint filing requirement.

I could have actually filed the I-751 petition as soon as my divorce but finalized instead of having to wait for the 90-day window before the expiration of the green card, but at the time, I didn't realize this.

Today is a very wonderful day for me because I received my approval letter in the mail! :) In my case, it took 5 months from filing the I-751 application until removal of the conditions.

WOW! im so glad to hear that you got approved!!!! congratulations...

'bassagitator' date='Jan 27 2010, 10:11 PM'

You've got to be kidding. The guy filed 20 clear days before his expiration date and you suggest he packs and leave the country? He's done exactly what the instruction says. File before your card expires. Let's all be supportive and encourage eachother rather than scream fire when there's not even smoke.

All the OP has to do is get an infopass and try to get a stamp in his passport or just wait for the NOA. It usually arrives within 2 weeks.

thank you. I'll just wait a couple of weeks for the NOA letter. if it doesnt come Ill make that info pass. thanks...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
thank you. I'll just wait a couple of weeks for the NOA letter. if it doesnt come Ill make that info pass. thanks...

Since you have already received the biometrics letter and your green card has expired, I would make the infopass appointment now for the 30 day mark of submitting your I-751. The NOA1 is supposed to arrive before the biometrics letter. Last year there were a number of us who recieved the biometrics letter and never received the NOA1 extension letter. It may be that this is happening again. Regardless, it is very easy to make an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office (it may not be the same place where you do your biometrics - you should check on the addresses), and bring your unexpired passport as well as your expired green card. They will look up your file using your A number and verify your information, then put an I-551 stamp in your passport that is usually valid for 1 year. If, in the next week you do receive your NOA1 you can always cancel the infopass. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Since you have already received the biometrics letter and your green card has expired, I would make the infopass appointment now for the 30 day mark of submitting your I-751. The NOA1 is supposed to arrive before the biometrics letter. Last year there were a number of us who recieved the biometrics letter and never received the NOA1 extension letter. It may be that this is happening again. Regardless, it is very easy to make an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office (it may not be the same place where you do your biometrics - you should check on the addresses), and bring your unexpired passport as well as your expired green card. They will look up your file using your A number and verify your information, then put an I-551 stamp in your passport that is usually valid for 1 year. If, in the next week you do receive your NOA1 you can always cancel the infopass. Good luck.

yeah! i just made an appointment (infopass) on the same day Im going to biometrics. since its in the same place. thank you for the tip!

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.