Dacko

Too all of us waiting in line - our wait just got a little longer

120 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

RoxcieJoe,

I have no issues with Hatian people being granted TPS status due to the earthquake...

BUT - I'm trying to understand the point you were trying to make in your post. What is the difference between somone who overstays their visa and someone who "have been so luckly to surive the crossing of the ocean and the coast guard"? IMHO -nothing is different and their immigration status is the same: Illegal.

As far as the number of illegal people from Haiti vs those from other countries, I have no idea. I would natrually assume that Mexicans make up the vast majority of undocumented aliens but then again that's just an assumption on my part. Sorry if I'm incorrect and offended any Mexican folks.

Al

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
There are no more illegally Hiatians here than there are Canadians, British, Mexicans, and anyone else who has over stayed their visa. Hiatians have to go thru a POE before they can even enter into the US, they can't walk over a border, nor can they come here on a WAVA visa, they have to be granted a visa in the first place inorder to enter the USA.

Those that have been so luckly to surive the crossing of the ocean and the coast guard to be here are so minimum, that they are not even the ones who would be applying for the TPS.

A secluded cove or beach is not considered a POE! I think the one's that were lucky enough to survive the voyage will be right in line with every other illegal Haitian, I do not think they will let this freebie pass them by! I think you are right though, there are many other illegal aliens here besides Haitians. I think we should give all illegal aliens TPS just to be fair and balanced.

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Honestly, it pains me to see people who are within processing times b!tching about the processing of humanitarian status applications. When you reach someone like estadia (Sara) or gogo's processing times... and it has yet to be shown that this is slowing down ANYONE'S processing. We should all be thankful, as jundp points out, for having a safe place to live, with electricity, safe running water and the luxuries of life in America (clearly we all have internet access). You may say "well, you're lucky to have your husband with you" I do not forget this. Nor do I forget that I am truly blessed to not only live in a first world country, but to have been born in one and reap the fruits of that happy accident of birth.

We are lucky to live here. We should never forget this. We are the most generous and charitable people on earth by dint of this. To extend a brief benefit to some of the poorest and unluckiest people on earth reflects well on us in the eyes of the world and amongst ourselves.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Illegals come to america because its better than where they are. Its better because millions of americans for many generations had a vision based on a worldview and worked to make it that way. So the illegals break the law , avoid detection, work for low pay illegally, avoid detection, pay no taxes, avoid detection, settle down, have kids, and sponge off what others have worked to create. Do they care about you or america now and in the future...no... they lie and cheat every day. All illegals should be deported asap and if thats not possible, detained until they can be...then deport them....If you dont like upholding the law go into politics and campaign to open up the borders for us all...wouldnt that be wonderful....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I found this earlier it is USCIS blog. You can read blog and leave comments. Go there and ask why things have slowed down, leave a complaint, or call the director a *#$#%#$#. biggrin.gif

http://www.uscis.gov/blog/

I-129f
11-03-2009 I-129F Sent out to VSC via USPS.
11-17-09 Check Cashed.
11-23-2009 NOA-1 Hard copy received.
2-26-2010 NOA-2 on USCIS Dashboard.
03-02-2010 NVC recieved our petition.
03-08-2010 NOA-2 hard copy received
03-08-2010 Snail mail notice from NVC
03-14-2010 Called Manila Embassy and scheduled interview.
03-15-2010 Fiancee going to apply for JP police certificate(race to get before interview).
4-6-2010 Fiancee went for first day at St. Lukes medical (please no sputum test).
4-7-2010 Medical complete all was successful. :D
4-20-2010 Police certificate received.
04-29-2010 Approved!!!
05-5-2010 Visa delivered.
05-7-2010 Cfo seminar complete/sticker received.
05-24-2010 POE Detroit. :D
06-08-2010 Married. :D

AOS
07-27-2010 Packet sent USPS.
08-08-2010 NOA1 I-485,I-765 arrive via usps.
09-?-? Forget the date but EAD and Interview notice received.
10-19-2010 Interview scheduled.
10-19-2010 AOS approved. :D
10-28-2010 Green Card received. :D (nothing to do but live for 2 years :D)

I-751
10-01-2012 Packet sent USPS.

Citizenship oath taken:. 2014-07-18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Honestly, it pains me to see people who are within processing times b!tching about the processing of humanitarian status applications. When you reach someone like estadia (Sara) or gogo's processing times... and it has yet to be shown that this is slowing down ANYONE'S processing. We should all be thankful, as jundp points out, for having a safe place to live, with electricity, safe running water and the luxuries of life in America (clearly we all have internet access). You may say "well, you're lucky to have your husband with you" I do not forget this. Nor do I forget that I am truly blessed to not only live in a first world country, but to have been born in one and reap the fruits of that happy accident of birth.

We are lucky to live here. We should never forget this. We are the most generous and charitable people on earth by dint of this. To extend a brief benefit to some of the poorest and unluckiest people on earth reflects well on us in the eyes of the world and amongst ourselves.

Well said. :thumbs:

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Dig this, from www.wnd.com today. What do we think about it, si man?

---

This is a WorldNetDaily printer-friendly version of the article which follows.

To view this item online, visit http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=124254

Saturday, February 06, 2010

BORDER BATTLELINES

'Temporary refugees' never go home

Exclusive: Tom Tancredo puts lie to program that effectively legalizes illegals

Posted: February 06, 2010

1:00 am Eastern

By Tom Tancredo

Like most "emergency" programs set up by government, the benefits of gaining "Temporary Protected Status," or TPS, as a refugee do not expire when the emergency has passed. In government jargon, "temporary" can be 20 years – or forever.

The federal government has no system for tracking people previously awarded TPS since its inception in 1990. Thus, there is no way of knowing the total number of individuals now residing in the United States who first arrived under the TPS program, nor is there any reliable data on what percentage of TPS refugees eventually return home. But the nation's experience with the first decade of the program led the Center for Immigration Studies to conclude, "In the real world, there is nothing as permanent as a temporary refugee."

Within hours of the Jan. 12 earthquake in Haiti, President Obama announced the awarding of Temporary Protected Status to Haitians in the United States – people here illegally before the earthquake, a number variously estimated at 100,000 to 200,000. Indeed, over the past 20 years, most TPS recipients were people already in the county, not people fleeing a disaster.

Thus, while the program is largely defended on the humanitarian grounds of offering temporary safety to genuine refugees, it is undeniable that historically, the main function of the TPS program has been to protect illegal aliens – people already here and thus not directly affected by any natural disaster – from the threat of deportation.

America has welcomed waves of authentic political refugees for over half a century. Hundreds of thousands of refugees from Cuba, Vietnam, Liberia, Kosovo and other nations have been granted asylum, but always by specific legislation targeted to a specific political crisis.

The creation of the TPS program in 1990 was sold to Congress and the American people as a way to "regularize" and streamline the handling of a new kind of refugee. By 1990 we had over 190,000 refugees from El Salvador who had been given various types of protected status because of a prolonged civil war. So, at that time, there was a "good government" argument for creating a legal mechanism for accommodating such refugees.

Concerned about the flow of illegal aliens over our border? Don't miss Tom Tancredo's book, "In Mortal Danger: The Battle for America's Border and Security"

Nonetheless, this protection has always been justified as a "temporary measure," not as an expansion of our immigration program for permanent residents. By law, these "temporary refugees" are expected to return home when the emergency passes. Yet, the "emergency" that justified the TPS status never ends. Why is that?

The first TPS status was awarded to Salvadorans in March of 2000 based on a series of severe earthquakes. Since that date, TPS for 190,000 Salvadoran refugees has been extended five times.

The root problem is a contradiction built into the TPS program. The primary motivation for TPS is said to be "humanitarian," to offer safety and temporary shelter, medical aid, etc., to desperate people afflicted by circumstances beyond their control. But once they are on American soil, other motivations and considerations come into play. No organized lobby will try to send people back to a country still struggling against poverty, disease and corruption, but there will be strong voices who want these refugees to stay and become citizens with a vote.

Thus, beginning in the 1990s and continuing today, congressmen in Florida, both Republican and Democrat, always support one more extension of protected status for refugees from Colombia, Honduras, Nicaragua and other nations. These refugees and their children are now constituents of those congressmen.

Unfortunately, there are often unforeseen consequences for our unrestrained humanitarian gestures.

Thousands of Salvadorans who fled that country in the 1980s and '90s settled in Southern California. Caught between two cultures, Salvadoran youth in Los Angeles found themselves victimized by youth Hispanic and Asian gangs. So, they formed their own Salvadoran gang, the Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13, which soon became the most vicious and notorious youth gang in America. According to the FBI, MS-13 operates in at least 12 states and has over 50,000 members.

Haiti is known to have dozens of violent gangs, many of which are now disrupting and intimidating relief efforts for earthquake victims. Members of those gangs who had successfully crossed illegally into the U.S. prior to Jan. 12 are now protected from deportation and will no doubt become permanent residents of the U.S. in due course. What criminal would go home to Haiti once he had certain-to-be-renewed TPS status in Atlanta, Chicago or New Orleans? And after the next amnesty, they will be citizens.

Americans are coming to realize that our nation's immigration policies and refugee programs are based on lies, fantasies and politically expedient half-truths – and not on the best interests of the United States. TPS is one of those lies. "Temporary refugees" never go home, because the "emergency" never passes, and the lobby for new amnesties never rests.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I feel awful for those in Haiti.. I have posted our Fiance Visa was sent back for further review with no timeline, no nothing.. Congressman and Senators are saying "yes we will help, but you have to realize the problems in Haiti".. Sorry, I don't buy it anymore.. We did everything legally and approved though all channels in the USA, it gets sent back and now I have to wait more! I'm sick of all this.. Do everything legally and you risk having your heart ripped out with no where to turn too. Why should my wait be longer because I'm a legal natural born US Citizen and go what is required of me according to the US laws? I know the 221(g) was not the fault of the USCIS, but NOW the waiting is in the hands of the USCIS.. I want the same special attention! Sorry, but that is how I feel.. I agree those of you saying "oh the poor Haitians" YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN YOUR WAIT or maybe everything for you was smooth sailing, but it's not that way for all of us..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Ma Vie,

First of all, I'm truly sorry about the outcome of your fiancee's visa interview. I read your post about the interview experience and it sure seems like you were assigned to an unfair Consulate. I'm not in your shoes so I won't patronize you by saying "I know how you feel", but I imagine how I'd feel if I was in your place.

That being said, I'm trying to follow the logic of your post regarding the Hatian TPS situation. While it's true that CSC is processing some of the TPS petitions for Hatians, I don't see where that is slowing down action on your case. The USCIS approved the I-129F, the NVC approved the background check and forwarded the petition to the Embassy where it was denied under 221(g) by a Consulate (who works for DOS) at his discretion.

I don't agree with illegal immigration but TPS has been granted for other groups of people before. It is what it is, and like it or not, it's been policy for 30+ years - I doubt it will change soon.

I really do wish you the best of luck and hope you and your fiancee will have the opportunity to be together soon.

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

I feel awful for those in Haiti.. I have posted our Fiance Visa was sent back for further review with no timeline, no nothing.. Congressman and Senators are saying "yes we will help, but you have to realize the problems in Haiti".. Sorry, I don't buy it anymore.. We did everything legally and approved though all channels in the USA, it gets sent back and now I have to wait more! I'm sick of all this.. Do everything legally and you risk having your heart ripped out with no where to turn too. Why should my wait be longer because I'm a legal natural born US Citizen and go what is required of me according to the US laws? I know the 221(g) was not the fault of the USCIS, but NOW the waiting is in the hands of the USCIS.. I want the same special attention! Sorry, but that is how I feel.. I agree those of you saying "oh the poor Haitians" YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN YOUR WAIT or maybe everything for you was smooth sailing, but it's not that way for all of us..

What train wreck you have been through, although having said that, I am sure you are just upset, lashing out at an inequitable system and don't really mean the diatribe above.

Edited by LaL

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree I'm annoyed as well. Where was the open door and TPS for Filipinos when they were effected by Typhoons and flooding. Maybe if they looked more like Barack Obama.

Well, that was totally uncalled for.

Ever thought it's because Haiti is RIGHT BENEATH US? Sheesh.

As for waiting, in Hati, it was pretty much a life or death situation. I'm compassionate enough not to have my knickers all in a bundle.

I know my timeline sucks, but my husbands P.O.E was on January 7th, 2013!

Greencard in hand! After almost 4 years, WE DID IT!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

USCIS placed the adjudication of TPS applications in offices that had the experience and capacity to adjudicate these cases without negatively impacting the processing times of other applications and petitions. USCIS has not stopped adjudicating some applications in order to adjudicate applications for TPS. We are adjudicating all applications and petitions that we receive and strive to adjudicate all within our processing time goals.

Met online Sep 26 2009

Traveled to Ukraine Jan 22 2010

Spent 33 wonderful days together

Returned to US Feb 25 2010

K1 filed March 2010

Sent to VSC 2010-03-06

Received 03-08

Check cashed 03-10

NOA 1 dated 03-11

updated 03-16

Spending a week in Odessa and Kherson together 5-19-10 :)))))

NO RFE's

NOA 2 6-24-10

NVC recieve 6-28-10

NOA 2 Hard copy receive 6-29-10

NVC forward to Kiev 6-29-10 That was easy :)

Embassy receive 7-2-2010

Leave US 8-10 to attend interview

Interview 8-12-2010 :)))))))

VISA APPROVED 8-12-2010

POE Houston Tx. 8-20-2010

MARRIED Sep 25 2010 :))))))

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As this issue is now several months old and out of date I am closing this thread to discussion

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.