Dacko

Too all of us waiting in line - our wait just got a little longer

120 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Look -- nobody is saying screw Haiti and leave them to their miserable fate. Or that they don't deserve help. Or that the illegal Haitians should be deported back immediately.

So stop with the self-righteous and sanctimonious posts.

You know america is the most generous country in the world. The millions now being poured into Haiti from america is borrowed money that americans will pay interest on for a long time to come. Its money america cant afford but they do it anyway. Americans are personally giving hundreds of millions to help the haitians.... 25 million alone just in text giving. Thats compassion, you do what you can afford to do to help, and americans are very compassionate people...I know, Ive lived in a few countries including america. The illegal haitians like most illegals in the US probably work for low pay and pay no taxes while they enjoy the life there. The result is that wages stay low for all unskilled immigrants and citizens, and legal workers pay more taxes to compensate for the illegals who probably send a good portion of thier money home. there are around 2000 illegals a day coming in to america. All illegals should immediately be detained and deported asap and in the case of haitians they should be deported when the country is more or less stable. They can then apply for a visa through the same process as anyone else. Thats the law, it should be upheld and expeditiously. The US needs to send a strong message to illegals....you will be deported, no question!!.....In the meantime ordinary US citizens, many who are struggling themselves, will give to help Haiti...that is right and good. So is the law!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
so ..

obama is buying votes from the bleeding hearts ...

giving a free pass to illegals because of a calamity in their home country (cause he didn't do this to other country's)

did this a few days after getting his azz beat in MA

needs something to deflect attention from the failed HCR

is testing the waters for an amnesty

what else do you expect from obama?

what else would BY say? :unsure:

It took 74 posts for some right-wing nut to turn this into a self-serving act by Obama. A new record!

giving a free pass to illegals because of a calamity in their home country (cause he didn't do this to other country's)

That's what TPS is for! Do a little background reading, then come back and post again, ok? Thanks!

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

:crying:

Its because we have realized that the waiting time is a very minimal and very forgetable time compared to the reward you receive for the rest of one's life. You DO have an alternative. You will also find it (maybe even find it funny) that you will never find a post from me complaining about the wait time I also endured.

Unhappy people find a way to complain about everything, they can even search around and find articles to make them more unhappy. Happy people who are amazed they had the incredible luck to find the most wonderful and beautiful woman in the world do other things to occupy their time. I suggest buying an old home and completely gutting it to the studs and rebuilding it. I also suggest frequent visits, every 6 weeks or so worked well for me, to your SO.

Complaining will not make it easier, shorter or less painful

Yea, like we are all construction worker wonks! That is too much hard work. Why not just say work on a chain gang, or breaking rocks in the hot sun. Sheesh, Gary, are you feeling ok?

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

we all know there are many ways to become out of status or be living here illegally, after arriving legally and trying to do things the right way. so to think that everyone who would benefit from this broke the law and EWI would be foolish. and I think many would rather stay off USCIS's radar and not risk offering them a way to be found in the future. there will not likely be 200,000 applications for TPS processed ahead of those already being processed.

Very good point. And many of the illegal haitians here won't want to spend the time or money to file a USCIS application.

No VJ immigration geniuses have even pointed out how much a TPS/EAD application will cost someone. Where is the mighty Otto or Pushbrk when we need him?

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Very good point. And many of the illegal haitians here won't want to spend the time or money to file a USCIS application.

No VJ immigration geniuses have even pointed out how much a TPS/EAD application will cost someone. Where is the mighty Otto or Pushbrk when we need him?

LOL, you don't have to be a genius to figure that one out! All they have to do is claim poverty and the fee is waived, all they need is some form of documentation to support poverty claim, such as applying for Foodstamps, Tanf, and other programs!

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Timeline
LOL, you don't have to be a genius to figure that one out! All they have to do is claim poverty and the fee is waived, all they need is some form of documentation to support poverty claim, such as applying for Foodstamps, Tanf, and other programs!

For the third time, illegal immigrants are not eligible for government assistance such as foodstamps or welfare.

Timeline
For the third time, illegal immigrants are not eligible for government assistance such as foodstamps or welfare.

You are correct, but they can use the denied application to document poverty!

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

Timeline
You are correct, but they can use the denied application to document poverty!

Filling out a form for government assistance that is subsequently denied is not proof of anything.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
I did not clearly see how it was going to slow down processing of other visa types, K1, CR-1s, etc.

Did I miss that in the article?

No you didn't miss it because you are clearly literate and also able to analyze effectively :lol:

I am not shocked at the selfishness in this thread, but I am disgusted.

TPS is TEMPORARY!!!!!!!! These people who are currently in the US, albeit illegally, will be granted TEMPORARY status, which means they cannot be deported. Because really -- WHERE WILL THEY BE DEPORTED TO?!?!?

Your case is not being back-logged because of TPS. SRSLY.

Good lord people.

And no, I haven't forgotten what it's like to wait. And I am thankful every day that I am here with my husband. I am also thankful that he is not missing, my family members weren't killed, that I have running water, food, medical care, phone lines, and live without fear of more devastation from this earthquake.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline
Filling out a form for government assistance that is subsequently denied is not proof of anything.

You are correct again, but I think the denied application will be used to document poverty to waive the fees. The government would not allow their own legal document ( Government assistance application ) to be submitted as evidence? Do they not trust the caseworker to be honest or will this allow further scrutiny of a group of programs already abused to the limit?

Timeline
You are correct again, but I think the denied application will be used to document poverty to waive the fees. The government would not allow their own legal document ( Government assistance application ) to be submitted as evidence? Do they not trust the caseworker to be honest or will this allow further scrutiny of a group of programs already abused to the limit?

I repeat, a form is not evidence of anything. I could fill out a form today for food stamps, claim my name is John Wilkes Booth, and list my annual income at $5. That doesn't make it so, nor does it provide sufficient evidence to back up future claims I might make that require me to prove I am impoverished.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
But, you only waited 6 months from mailing your packet to having your love here. :blush: thats not all that bad really, at all. Glad you had a smooth journey and the luxury of visiting often, that probably helped with the waiting.

I agree that comparing your timelines on VJ will only make you miserable, I know it did for me lol

but its ok to complain and vent when you need to ;)

The waiting time really does disappear once your loved one arrives though :)

Well said !! :thumbs:

u9vmq44n58.gif

'It's not how much you give or what you say, it is how much love you give in what you do'

as1czXHFg2B1530MjEyODc2c3wwMDAyNDNsfFNpbmNlIHdlIHdlcmUgbWFycmllZA.gif

Timeline
I repeat, a form is not evidence of anything. I could fill out a form today for food stamps, claim my name is John Wilkes Booth, and list my annual income at $5. That doesn't make it so, nor does it provide sufficient evidence to back up future claims I might make that require me to prove I am impoverished.

I hope you are right! http://www.cis.org/North/HaitiTPSfeewaiver

Timeline
No you didn't miss it because you are clearly literate and also able to analyze effectively :lol:

I am not shocked at the selfishness in this thread, but I am disgusted.

TPS is TEMPORARY!!!!!!!! These people who are currently in the US, albeit illegally, will be granted TEMPORARY status, which means they cannot be deported. Because really -- WHERE WILL THEY BE DEPORTED TO?!?!?

Your case is not being back-logged because of TPS. SRSLY.

Good lord people.

And no, I haven't forgotten what it's like to wait. And I am thankful every day that I am here with my husband. I am also thankful that he is not missing, my family members weren't killed, that I have running water, food, medical care, phone lines, and live without fear of more devastation from this earthquake.

I am happy you "here" with your husband and family. A lot of us here are striving for the same thing, only we are using the legal route! Anyway, I am curious about the USCIS's and your definition of TEMPORARY!!!!!!!!!!!!. I agree we should help the people of Haiti that suffered the earthquake, but I do not agree rewarding illegal aliens is justified. If a person broke into my house seeking to improve their life and their home burned during their intrusion in my home, should I reward them with a get out jail free card? I think temporary means " we do not know when"

Edited by Robby999

Timeline

Nebraska and California will process the TPS petitions for the illegal Haitians!

Edited by Robby999

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.