Dacko

Too all of us waiting in line - our wait just got a little longer

120 posts in this topic

My original comment had nothing to do with the Haiti situation, actually. Obviously, something does need to be done. They just can't be shipped back, not now, at least.

I merely referred to the phenomena of those who are through the process/had a short timeline/ reunited with their SOs are the first ones to tell you to calm down, be patient, relax and take a chill pill. Having quite forgotten the pangs of this hellish journey. It's something I've noticed all over VJ, in several threads and forums. That's all.

True, but before we go off on a rabbit trail by comparing timelines, I'll digress.

The problem I see here is that the people from Haiti that are here illegally weren't being deported in the first place. I agree that it's not doing a whole lot of good to deport anyone to Haiti right now. So just make a policy change and say that we won't be deporting anyone to Haiti in the near future. That doesn't require giving them any sort of status. This would actually free up USCIS, since they wouldn't have to worry about deportation proceedings for anyone from Haiti.

And to Gary, I think you are really out of touch here. Yes, you have to wait and we all realize that. That isn't the point. The point is that people who trampled the law and came here illegally are being given preferential treatment because of something that happened in another country where they weren't.

^ This.

I don't see how giving the Haitians illegally living in the U.S status, helps.

First, they broke the law. I can see maybe speeding up the process for haitians filing, but not for ones that already live here.

Second, they're most likely already working here, so giving them papers isn't going to get them "in the work force".

Thirdly, the disaster that happened in their home country has nothing to do with the ones living here(aside from family, etc). They were already here when it struck.

^ And this.

I agree what happened in Haiti is terrible, but other countries have suffered tragidies also. When those happened there was no special treatment given. Send aide and relief efforts to the country yes but to give special treatment only causes resentment and bias. It is not so much a issue of waiting we all know that is part of the process, it is a matter of giving special treatment to one group and not to every group that has suffered some sort of tragedy as well. We either have to do it for all or do it for none. That is the only true way of making it fair to all nationalities.

^ Definitely this.

I have a better solution: "Use this news to identify them all, round them out, and send them back to fight for their lives in a country with nothing to offer, not even a house to live in" mad.gif

How would that feel if you were one of them?

How would you feel if you were someone in a different country suffering from a different disaster that the rest of the world could have cared less about? That was hardly covered or that received no aid? It's inconsistency, which is my biggest issue with this.

That and like others have pointed out, the people getting priority here aren't the people who were living in Haiti on Jaunary 12th. These are people who have been here for months, years, decades illegally and now we're going to spend time processing 200,000 work permits and TSPs? Odds are these people are already working. I'm not against helping Haiti; by all means, don't deport people immediately and continue to send aid.

Instead of name-calling or snarky comments or self-righteousness, why don't we all actually look at some of the facts listed above? That goes for both sides, here. I think there's just a lot of misunderstanding in that no one is saying Haiti doesn't need or deserve help; this is just a really ridiculous way of helping - it would be much easier to put deportations on the back burner until the situation is better and let the people who've been in the US working already continue to do so with immunity for the timebeing. But I guess it looks better in the polls to do things this way.

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
it would be much easier to put deportations on the back burner until the situation is better and let the people who've been in the US working already continue to do so with immunity for the timebeing. But I guess it looks better in the polls to do things this way.

How is that different from what we are doing now other than giving them an EAD? Have a look at TPS on USCIS's website. I'm not sure how allowing them to work while they are here under TPS is ridiculous.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

How is that different from what we are doing now other than giving them an EAD? Have a look at TPS on USCIS's website. I'm not sure how allowing them to work while they are here under TPS is ridiculous.

Because processing 200,000 TSPs and EADs uses time, resources and money. Putting things temporarily on the back burner doesn't.

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
How would you feel if you were someone in a different country suffering from a different disaster that the rest of the world could have cared less about? That was hardly covered or that received no aid? It's inconsistency, which is my biggest issue with this.

That and like others have pointed out, the people getting priority here aren't the people who were living in Haiti on Jaunary 12th. These are people who have been here for months, years, decades illegally and now we're going to spend time processing 200,000 work permits and TSPs? Odds are these people are already working. I'm not against helping Haiti; by all means, don't deport people immediately and continue to send aid.

Instead of name-calling or snarky comments or self-righteousness, why don't we all actually look at some of the facts listed above? That goes for both sides, here. I think there's just a lot of misunderstanding in that no one is saying Haiti doesn't need or deserve help; this is just a really ridiculous way of helping - it would be much easier to put deportations on the back burner until the situation is better and let the people who've been in the US working already continue to do so with immunity for the timebeing. But I guess it looks better in the polls to do things this way.

Let me give you another disclaimer to clear the air: Obama did NOT and will NOT get my vote, no matter whether he gives amnesty to ALL illegals. McCain did not get my vote either. I am neither Democrat or Republican.

Having said that, giving temporary work permits to these people will help them (find LEGAL jobs) and help the people they left behind in their country. That is what matters to me!

The fact that rings true for me can be summarized with these words: "step on THEIR shoes!" When I do that I thank God that I was not "chosen" to go through such a tragedy (even though they were not there, it is still a tragedy for them). And if my wife has to wait a few more months to work and be productive, I guess that means that I will have to work alone for my family a little longer ... but at least I am still better than those poor people (poor is the right word here).

By the way, this is a great way of helping the people of Haiti. If you allow those who are already here to work LEGALLY, they can be productive for the US and also help their country when they send part of their earnings to help their families. It is an win-win situation.

But that is just my opinion. I guess that I do not feel the same way as the majority ... like always.

Timeline
Because processing 200,000 TSPs and EADs uses time, resources and money. Putting things temporarily on the back burner doesn't.

Everything takes time, money, and resources. Can you determine exactly how much time, money, and resources are needed to handle this? Perhaps it's just a drop in the bucket. Perhaps not. We are not privy to the implementation details. What about the time, money, and resources the government has put into sending aid to Haiti. Is that a waste too? As clueless_in_usa mentioned, this benefits us as well as we may have additional workers paying taxes and existing here legitimately who would otherwise exist here anyway.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Will the illegal Haitians that receive the TPS be eligible for unemployment benefits if they can not find work or will they be automatically enrolled in the respective state's welfare program? Will they be eligible for section 8 housing and other related programs, and when the 18 months are up, how many will use their earnings or our taxes to delay or prevent deportation? I am also curious as to how many time extentions will be granted to the TPS status of illegal Haitians. Maybe Obama could fast track a couple of military recruiters to offer job positions to the people that are apparently already skilled in infiltrating a foreign country! I am sure the military has many job openings available at this moment! I would think they would love the chance to fight for the country that they want to live in. I think that if they are willing to fight and die for the United States, then I will welcome them with open arms. And to answer the question in advance, yes I have served in the military! 6 years United States Navy.

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Timeline
Will the illegal Haitians that receive the TPS be eligible for unemployment benefits if they can not find work or will they be automatically enrolled in the respective state's welfare program? Will they be eligible for section 8 housing and other related programs, and when the 18 months are up, how many will use their earnings or our taxes to delay or prevent deportation? I am also curious as to how many time extentions will be granted to the TPS status of illegal Haitians. Maybe Obama could fast track a couple of military recruiters to offer job positions to the people that are apparently already skilled in infiltrating a foreign country! I am sure the military has many job openings available at this moment! I would think they would love the chance to fight for the country that they want to live in. I think that if they are willing to fight and die for the United States, then I will welcome them with open arms. And to answer the question in advance, yes I have served in the military! 6 years United States Navy.

You cannot receive unemployment if you don't have a previous employer. The benefits are payed by the companies, not the government. You must be a citizen or LPR to receive welfare benefits as well.

Timeline
You cannot receive unemployment if you don't have a previous employer. The benefits are payed by the companies, not the government. You must be a citizen or LPR to receive welfare benefits as well.

So the answer is welfare? :whistle:

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

Timeline
So the answer is welfare? :whistle:

What are you talking about?

Timeline
What are you talking about?

Do you think their previous employer ( if any ) will admit they were employing illegal aliens? Last time I heard, there was a law against such business practices. So if no previous employer to pay unemployment and a very difficult job market. Who is responsible to feed and house them if they can not find jobs?

This is fecking sickening. This country has enough problems right now. You can't just put your feet in the waster in this situation...the US is going to jump all in. I'm sick of this backwards sh*t

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

we all know there are many ways to become out of status or be living here illegally, after arriving legally and trying to do things the right way. so to think that everyone who would benefit from this broke the law and EWI would be foolish. and I think many would rather stay off USCIS's radar and not risk offering them a way to be found in the future. there will not likely be 200,000 applications for TPS processed ahead of those already being processed.

Timeline
Do you think their previous employer ( if any ) will admit they were employing illegal aliens? Last time I heard, there was a law against such business practices. So if no previous employer to pay unemployment and a very difficult job market. Who is responsible to feed and house them if they can not find jobs?

Non-government funded programs, but it certainly won't be welfare as I pointed out.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
Non-government funded programs, but it certainly won't be welfare as I pointed out.

so ..

obama is buying votes from the bleeding hearts ...

giving a free pass to illegals because of a calamity in their home country (cause he didn't do this to other country's)

did this a few days after getting his azz beat in MA

needs something to deflect attention from the failed HCR

is testing the waters for an amnesty

what else do you expect from obama?

what else would BY say? :unsure:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Look -- nobody is saying screw Haiti and leave them to their miserable fate. Or that they don't deserve help. Or that the illegal Haitians should be deported back immediately.

So stop with the self-righteous and sanctimonious posts.

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.