Dacko

Too all of us waiting in line - our wait just got a little longer

120 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I remember the wait being bad (and it was a long time ago) but I don't remember my leg having to be amputated, no running water, no food, no home, and my then fiance dead under a collapsed building.

When I read about this in the news I knew I would come on to VJ and find people just outraged ! about "waiting in line" while people from the poorest country in the western hemisphere were granted temporary reprieve. I can predict the future!

Talk about some first world problems.

They are in another country, this tragedy gives them preference to come to the US, what about the rest of the world.

do we now take all of the worlds orphans and injured people?

Timeline
These are people who are already in the country.

I remember the wait being bad (and it was a long time ago) but I don't remember my leg having to be amputated, no running water, no food, no home, and my then fiance dead under a collapsed building.

These people are already here?

And the others are here illegally, so they should get preferential treatment because the old country has a tragedy?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My other half said I should change right to privilage, which I am doing now before I get strung out for it. So I ment to say I want first privilage at freebies. Also I don't have an issue with them giving haitian people a helping hand. I just don't want it interfering with what we are trying to do legally here. I don't normally get rowdy about things enough to post but there you go.

Timeline
I don't forget how awful the wait is, but I do think it's a good idea that they're focusing on Haitians right now. There's no way they can suddenly take all of the refugees that are looking to come over for safety, so they have to do something. Letting the Haitians that are already here stay is the least they can do.

Bullchit

And the others are here illegally, so they should get preferential treatment because the old country has a tragedy?

If you read the article you would see this is for people who are already here.

I tell you what we do, let's ship all the illegals back to Haiti right now! Let's take a plane that was intended to send aid and put them all on it so as not to inconvenience those who are "waiting in line." 200,000 people probably means about 1,000 planes so let's face it, a number of Haitians who never entered the US illegally will die because they can't get aid, but no one "waiting in line" will be inconvenienced

90day.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You can't expect the US to try to send the illegal home now that their country is devasted to say the least. Yeah, I know, waiting sucks. But waiting a bit more for something like that makes me feel better than just waiting... Ocuppy yourself with more productive things instead of whining about good decisions made by the US government.

CR1

04-22-2009: I-130 Delivered

04-27-2009: I-130 NOA1

11-03-2009: I-130 Approved

11-09-2009: NOA2 hard copy received in mail

NVC never received our case

07-20-2010: INFOPASS = Immigration officer tell us to file for AOS instead

AOS - from B2 visa

09-21-2010: I-485, I-765 and I-131 Delivered

09-27-2010: NOA1

10-27-2010: Biometrics

11-23-2010: I-131 approved

11-26-2010: I-765 approved

01-25-2011: Interview

Timeline
If you read the article you would see this is for people who are already here.

I tell you what we do, let's ship all the illegals back to Haiti right now! Let's take a plane that was intended to send aid and put them all on it so as not to inconvenience those who are "waiting in line." 200,000 people probably means about 1,000 planes so let's face it, a number of Haitians who never entered the US illegally will die because they can't get aid, but no one "waiting in line" will be inconvenienced

Sounds good to me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I did not clearly see how it was going to slow down processing of other visa types, K1, CR-1s, etc.

Did I miss that in the article?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
:crying:

Its because we have realized that the waiting time is a very minimal and very forgetable time compared to the reward you receive for the rest of one's life. You DO have an alternative. You will also find it (maybe even find it funny) that you will never find a post from me complaining about the wait time I also endured.

Unhappy people find a way to complain about everything, they can even search around and find articles to make them more unhappy. Happy people who are amazed they had the incredible luck to find the most wonderful and beautiful woman in the world do other things to occupy their time. I suggest buying an old home and completely gutting it to the studs and rebuilding it. I also suggest frequent visits, every 6 weeks or so worked well for me, to your SO.

Complaining will not make it easier, shorter or less painful

But, you only waited 6 months from mailing your packet to having your love here. :blush: thats not all that bad really, at all. Glad you had a smooth journey and the luxury of visiting often, that probably helped with the waiting.

I agree that comparing your timelines on VJ will only make you miserable, I know it did for me lol

but its ok to complain and vent when you need to ;)

The waiting time really does disappear once your loved one arrives though :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

All I have to say is... WHOA :blink: I'm appalled at the selfishness in this thread, srsly.

Whatever happened to compassion, understanding, just being a good person? Does it not exist anymore? :wacko:

What is it with all the selfishness, and all the me me me nonsense. People are dying, trapped, have nowhere to live. Give it a rest.

Waiting sucks. But just think of how you'd feel if your country was practically destroyed and 50,000 of your citizens (some being family, friends, neighbors etc) dead. That would REALLY suck. No?

I recommend whatever religion you do or do not participate in, you get off your behind and pray for these people instead of pitying yourselves.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
now this group of illegal aliens will not be in the view finder of ICE for a few months ... gives ICE more time/energy to focus on another group of illegals .... wonder which group it will be? :unsure:

can someone tell me how i can illegally get my husband here? we have been trying it the legal way for nearly 2 years. insanity, i tell ya :jest:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

I agree I'm annoyed as well. Where was the open door and TPS for Filipinos when they were effected by Typhoons and flooding. Maybe if they looked more like Barack Obama.

This kind of speech is irresponsible.

Reading this thread I thought maybe I had landed upon American Immigration Control Foundation.

Maybe you should join up there?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.