7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi...

I am coming back from my AOS interview in Pittsburgh.

It was really nice, we didnt have a problem, they asked for joint assets and liabilities documentation, we provided the lease document, joint bank accounts, and a letter stating that my husband is the beneficiary of my life insurance and 401K (I am the immigrant, but he doesnt have those benefits at work).

They also made questions about how we met, about the wedding, etc. Nothing major.

Good luck!

Our visa Journey ~~~~ 226 days

Removing Conditions on ~~~ May 2008

Our first anniversary ~~~ November 12, 2006

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi all,

Anna, thanks for the update.I hope they are nice to us, I am really scared.. I am 15 years older than John and I have been married 3 times before this. However, I have never been married to am Immigrint before.

I guess I can always tell them I had to look to Africa for a good man..lol :lol:

Congrats Rob&Ana!! Glad to hear it went well.

WVnurse I'm sure you'll be fine, best of luck.

While you're there, ask them to hurry up with mine please!

Helen

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi Helen,

I will tell then to hurry up and get your interveiw.. and are u from Pittsbugh as well. just looking for a hotel near the office. I told my husband I cant wait to go.... and buy some cool Steeler gear we cant get here in WV. I was born and raised in Pa, about 90 miles from Pittsburgh. I cant wait to get a real parogie pizza! I hope I can find station square..its been a while since I have there.

See ya Chris :dance:

Hi Helen,

I will tell then to hurry up and get your interveiw.. and are u from Pittsbugh as well. just looking for a hotel near the office. I told my husband I cant wait to go.... and buy some cool Steeler gear we cant get here in WV. I was born and raised in Pa, about 90 miles from Pittsburgh. I cant wait to get a real parogie pizza! I hope I can find station square..its been a while since I have there.

See ya Chris :dance:

Hi Chris,

Yes we're about 12 miles from downtown on the north east side. Plenty of Steeler stuff here..it's EVERYWHERE! Yummy parogies. Station square is so pretty, I'm sure you won't miss it there are signs all over town, it's very well signposted. I believe there's a few hotels down there, if not there are tons just outside. Good luck!

Helen

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Filed: Other Timeline

Look to this link for accounts of AOS field office interviews. Select Pittsburgh from the drop down menu.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php

Also if you want to PM me I can look in my records about our hotel. I think it was a Holiday Inn Express (10th Street?) and had a shuttle van that took us to Station Square the night before our interview, and then the driver took us directly to DHS for our interview the next day. Very handy.

Edited by rebeccajo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.