Mikhail

Your age difference..Could it be a problem?

75 posts in this topic

34 yrs is the difference between me & my husband and were on our 4th yr anniversary & counting... I disagree that woman is brainwashed when she married older man...I believe when your committed to a relationship & put God in the center everything is possible and age is just a number. Were happy enjoying everyday life & actually he looks younger on his age. He's 67 & Im 33. We both works but I ask him to retire for good in the next 2 yrs, i want him to enjoy his retirement. I Love my Husband & I will be with him till the Lord ask him to come home.

it will be sad when he dies and your alone 50 something years old, what will you do fro the rest of your life?

it will be sad when he dies and your alone 50 something years old, what will you do fro the rest of your life?

no she will not be alone, she will be if she chooses to be....

1 option is to have a kid... a very beautiful gift from God and for this the hubby will always be remember.. and a kid can make them happy together, and make the relationship more stronger...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

I think like anything else it depends on the couple.

My friend went out with a girl who was 20 years his senior. They stayed together for 20 years.

It got though to the point that when she was in her 50's he started to feel uneasy being with her in public

and perceiving how people looked at him. Granted it was the reverse type situation and not the norm in society

where the man is older.

I myself was not interested in a girl that was a lot younger for me because I wanted someone who would grow old

along side of me. I am 48 and my fiance is 43. Our relationship was a surprise to her. She was expecting the

norm which to to her was that she would meet a guy in his 60's and that guys my age mostly went out with girls in 20's to early 30's.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Life is too short to worry about all the "WHAT IF'S".... Age is just a number. You can't put a price on Love and Happiness. I am 21 years older than my wife. I wasn't looking for a younger wife, nor was she looking for a older man. We both know one day the good lord will take me, but in the mean time, we are going to enjoy our lives to the fullest. I am 51 years old. It just means that I have 51 years of experience.

I don't worry about what other people think. I got better things to do! Whether I have 10 years or 40 years left to live, we are going to live each day like it was our last. BTW, I couldn't have picked anyone any better than My Ruchie. She defines what true love is all about. I gotta go now. Gotta find my bottle of Geritol and change my Depends(Adult Diaper) and go to bed.(If I can find where my bed is)... :P

Life is too short to worry about all the "WHAT IF'S".... Age is just a number. You can't put a price on Love and Happiness. I am 21 years older than my wife. I wasn't looking for a younger wife, nor was she looking for a older man. We both know one day the good lord will take me, but in the mean time, we are going to enjoy our lives to the fullest. I am 51 years old. It just means that I have 51 years of experience.

I don't worry about what other people think. I got better things to do! Whether I have 10 years or 40 years left to live, we are going to live each day like it was our last. BTW, I couldn't have picked anyone any better than My Ruchie. She defines what true love is all about. I gotta go now. Gotta find my bottle of Geritol and change my Depends(Adult Diaper) and go to bed.(If I can find where my bed is)... :P

:P:P

and i remember honey always told me that he always feel half of his age... :D;)

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My soon to be wife and I are the total opposite we dont fit the typical bill at all Im 20 and shes 27, Im unemployed in a tough economy, I dont have alot of money or whatever. We like our age difference but I dont get these age differencs when the wife is 21 and the guy is like 48. I wonder where they see themselves in 20 years when the 21 year realizes maybe she shouldnt have married a guy so much older then her.

Supposedly, it's not a problem. Most women marry guys that are financially stable, and most of those guys are in 40+ years old (it doesn't states only for Filipina but most of the woman around the world). In general, women intended to be so dependent.

Sad to say, men ages 20+ to 30+ years old, are those still in struggling stage of making life better.

As for those who are far too old than their partner, no idea how things will work after 25+ years.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

The OP has posted this topic because he is somewhat insecure about old men. He says that he is 20 years old and unemployed. He might be feeling threatened that someday his Filipina fiancee would fall for an older man.

FAE :luv:

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

To the OP: Julius Caesar was 50ish when he and Cleopatra who was then 18 got together. If you would check famous historical figures in various centuries, marrying an "older man" is nothing new. Charlie Chaplin and Oona O'neill had a successful marriage. He was 54 and she was 18 when they married each other. They had eight children and the youngest was born when Charlie was 73.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
That being said, Vicky and I are only 4 years difference. Not everyone here has such a large age split.

My fiance and I are in our 20s, having 4 years age difference just like you. I still believe that age won't matter as long as you love each other and are willing to withstand all the challenges that come your way.

I still believe in DESTINY. :blush:

GuardianAngel

I-129F Sent : July 23, 2009
Check Cashed : July 29, 2009
NOA1 : July 28, 2009
NOA2 : October 21, 2009
Left NVC : October 28, 2009
USEM Letter Received : November 12, 2009
Medical Passed : December 15/16, 2009
Interview Passed : January 19, 2010
Visa Received : January 26, 2010 12:30pm
Arrived in the US : February 3, 2010
POE: Seattle, Tacoma WA

Wedding : March 20, 2010

AOS
Submission of AOS application
I485, I131, and I765 : May 02, 2010
Receipt Notice Received : May 06, 2010
Check Cashed : May 07, 2010
Biometrics Appointment : May 24, 2010
Card Production Ordered EAD: July 12, 2010
Advance Parole (Touched - Post Decision Activity): July 12, 2010
EAD Card Received : July 22, 2010
AP Document Received : July 15, 2010
Passed Drivers Test : October 5, 2010
Hired (First Job in the US) September 27, 2010
AOS Interview : January 05, 2011
Welcome Letter and Green card received: January 11, 2011

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
Card Expiration: January 5, 2013
I-751 Joint Petition Rcvd by USCIS: October 25, 2012
Check Cashed : October 29, 2012
Biometrics NOA : October 31, 2012
Biometrics Appointment : November 23, 2012

Approved: May 22, 2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It may be a problem in the future for me... when im 50, he will be 41. I don't know how long I will look younger than him. For all I know, I will wake up someday with the wrinkles that I should have had. Oh well, hello Botox!

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

The OP has posted this topic because he is somewhat insecure about old men. He says that he is 20 years old and unemployed. He might be feeling threatened that someday his Filipina fiancee would fall for an older man.

I agree! :thumbs:

And wondering same time if his fiancee would stay with an unemployed one? Just curious! :star:

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

And wondering same time if his fiancee would stay with an unemployed one? Just curious! :star:

Actually not at all, I wanted to ask because most of the time its fairly obvious that there getting married for the better life and the chance to get out of Phil, because they could find whoever they wanted in the U.S. or Phil with any income level, they dont need to resort to marrying some of these guys. I would actually feel a hell of a lot more threatned by young guys my age and older that are more appealing to your wives or girlfriends because there actually in the same generation.

I pointed out my story so people could read between the lines and see we actually really love eachother despite me not having alot of money. The concept behind actually loving eachother with some of these other couples is blurred. How many of you guys think your wives or girlfriends would fall in love with you if you were unemployed? ITs about our love not about the economic level of security, if she wanted to have anything she wanted she could find any old guy to get her to the U.S.,but instead she found me because she actually loves me.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Wife, not Fiancee! Because he doesn't have a job they took the CR-1 route to avoid the complications of The Affidavit of Support with an Unemployed Petitioner who needs his Mommy to sign for his bride.

Even though my wife is only 15 years younger than me (which isn't unheard of around here with "local" couples), I find these threads offensive.

Seriously what's next, "Why to Asian women choose to marry hairy western men"?

At the OP I'll ask why did your wife choose to marry a man who can't support her? You realize that once she's here on the CR-1 she gets a greencard and can remove conditions without you, right? Are you a little worried that after 6 months of living in Mommy's basement and working so she can support you that she'll start looking at us "Older" men who have our own homes and nice cars?

FWIW, statistically men die younger than women anyway. So maybe when I kick the bucket my wife will still be young enough to enjoy some peace & quite in her golden years without a horny old Kano chasing ater her trying to play a game of "Grab-A$$"!!!!

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Actually not at all, I wanted to ask because most of the time its fairly obvious that there getting married for the better life and the chance to get out of Phil, because they could find whoever they wanted in the U.S. or Phil with any income level, they dont need to resort to marrying some of these guys. I would actually feel a hell of a lot more threatned by young guys my age and older that are more appealing to your wives or girlfriends because there actually in the same generation.

Any guy of any age or financial situation come sniffing around my wife and he'll find the same thing, she loves me and I know how to dig deep graves (because the police dogs always find the shallow ones)!

Are you really so ignorant that you don't realize how much you just insulted most of the Fil-Am couples on this forum? Take that attitude to the local Fil-Am Community and see how many friends it gets you.

I think your blatent display of immaturatity demonstrates why so many Pinays are happy with their older {and WISER} Kano husbands.

I pointed out my story so people could read between the lines and see we actually really love eachother despite me not having alot of money. The concept behind actually loving eachother with some of these other couples is blurred. How many of you guys think your wives or girlfriends would fall in love with you if you were unemployed? ITs about our love not about the economic level of security, if she wanted to have anything she wanted she could find any old guy to get her to the U.S.,but instead she found me because she actually loves me.

You didn't highlight your unemployment, I brought it to light from another thread.

I know my wife's feelings for me have nothing to do with my finances, why don't we meet back here in 10 years and she who still has their Pinay wife?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.