disconnection

CAIRO'S FINAL REVIEW CLUB

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well many things .

One of them to be honest your interview .The Egyptian woman '' the secretary'' asked you so many questions which is not normal .and i guess i know that woman '' she is a white woman and she has kinda a blond hair '' she act like she is the Ambassador but she just a secretary.

No, she was an Egyptian veiled lady in her forties. She asked a few questions, but was nice.

The CO asked you so so many questions maybe more than 25 questions and that's really not normal for a female to be honest .

I expected that and was prepared for more.

The CO asked you for your fiance's original divorce certificate ...they really don't ask about that kinda stuff when it comes to a female .

I expected it as well since John didn't send his original divorce decree in the I-129F packet.

Your fiance just visited you one time .in fact they don't like that at the embassy .

They want you to see each others so many times before you file for the visa .....

I hinted at the interview more than once that my fiance is going to visit me by the end of January or when my visa is issued TO FLY BACK TOGETHER. I mentioned it in my emails to them after the interview.

One of your interview questions was if your family approve your engagement and i guess you said no .

There's no way I was not going to say the truth.

That's what i remember now .

I don't want you to be mad at me and i just want you know that i'm trying to help you .

I understand that you are only trying to help and I'm not mad.

Good luck and my best wishes for you.

Thank you and good luck to you too and all who are waiting.

Edited by Aya&John

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
The last email we got said we are no longer in AP we're in Consular's Final Review again. I'll tell him to ask when it started and how long it's going to take though.

WOW that's cool .So if your case is under final review now i guess he will get the visa soon .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
WOW that's cool .So if your case is under final review now i guess he will get the visa soon .

Or it could go into AP again because we already had that twice now. Who knows? Hopefully it is soon.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

What difference does it make if the case is in AP in Egypt or the US?

ROC Timeline

Timeline

Well whoever the woman was its not normal espc for a female

I know that you expected more questions but that's not normal still for a female .

He should send his original he just should send a copy of his divorce certificate in the I-129 packet .

I know that you would not lie about that issue .cause at least they can find out .

They just care i guess about how many times you met before the interview ? how long it has been since you seen each other the last time ? not about if he is going to visit you after the interview or not cause you will be together after you get the visa anyway so it does not matter if he will visit you or if you will go to him .'' and that's they gave me all of that problems cause it has been more than a 16 months since my fiancee was in my arms at the interview date .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
What difference does it make if the case is in AP in Egypt or the US?

Well if the AP in USA so probably its a name check or back ground check .and the FBI is doing that kinda name check .

but if the AP in Egypt it could be something else .like they check on some doc .they check on your back ground in Egypt .home visit if they want to ask your family and kinda questions .......

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Well whoever the woman was its not normal espc for a female

I know that you expected more questions but that's not normal still for a female .

He should send his original he just should send a copy of his divorce certificate in the I-129 packet .

I know that you would not lie about that issue .cause at least they can find out .

They just care i guess about how many times you met before the interview ? how long it has been since you seen each other the last time ? not about if he is going to visit you after the interview or not cause you will be together after you get the visa anyway so it does not matter if he will visit you or if you will go to him .'' and that's they gave me all of that problems cause it has been more than a 16 months since my fiancee was in my arms at the interview date .

I mean he should not send his original .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Well if the AP in USA so probably its a name check or back ground check .and the FBI is doing that kinda name check .

but if the AP in Egypt it could be something else .like they check on some doc .they check on your back ground in Egypt .home visit if they want to ask your family and kinda questions .......

Thanks for the clarification.

ROC Timeline

Timeline

Very true!!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

OK I dont want to get my hopes up but after calling DOS several times this week I finally got through today. The lady that answered said that the AP from Washington is finished as of today and that the results of the AP have been sent to the Embassy. Does that mean we are closer to getting the visa or can they request more APs?

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline

Aya about your question about Egyptair, It is probably the cheapest way to go, but I strongly dislike it in comparison to other airlines I have been on. For example, on KLM each passenger has their own tv screen that comes with games, internet, movies, and music. On Egyptair there is one tv to every 10 to 15 passengers kind of like on Superjet buses in Egypt. When I took Egyptair last month, I was on a 12 and 1/2 hour ride from NY to Cairo and they played like 2 or 3 movies that were super old and to top it off the picture was fuzzy. Also most of the stewards and stewardesses on Egyptair are not very friendly in my opinion. The last thing which I think is the worst is the size of the seats. The seats are not comfortable and you are guaranteed to be touching arms with the passengers next to you. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.........lol!!!!

Embassy Journey

U.S. Journey

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline
Hey my fellow Cairo waiting club. My husband and I have been waiting two months now and looking forward to the day they request his passport to receive the visa. Currently, we are still "pending the officer's review." Which means AP for who knows how long.

Anyhow, I was just curious about somthing that Ahmed told me about. During his interview he mentioned that the consulate officer had our case and on top of it it had a sheet of paper with the words, YES and NO and nothing else. He said after the interview was done that the officer circled yes and informed him that it would take 7+ months to get the visa. I was assuming the yes means he will get the visa (I could be wrong, it may not mean that at all). I just thought if they signed yes, why would it take so long? Honestly, I don't know.

Like everyone else I am tired of all this and miss my husband. I just want to start our lives together as I know all of us hope for. Anyhow, I pray that we all hear good news soon, inshaAllah.

I am so sorry cause you had to go through this it is painful i been there . but be aware your case being subject for administration process not final review the proof they didnt retain your husband passport so once they complete all the actions on your case the visa will be issued it is just matte of time goood luck.

Timeline
OK I dont want to get my hopes up but after calling DOS several times this week I finally got through today. The lady that answered said that the AP from Washington is finished as of today and that the results of the AP have been sent to the Embassy. Does that mean we are closer to getting the visa or can they request more APs?

hi nancy

sounds promising since washington has completed all the actions on your case it means the consular officer should put every thing in order before issuing the visa (offiver final review) it is just matter of days i assure you .if you e-mailed them and their response was your visa should be ready shortly it means they printing it the same thing has happened with me good luck oh by the way there is no such thing as officer final review and officer review they only use the term final review to calm down the applicant .

Timeline
hi nancy

sounds promising since washington has completed all the actions on your case it means the consular officer should put every thing in order before issuing the visa (offiver final review) it is just matter of days i assure you .if you e-mailed them and their response was your visa should be ready shortly it means they printing it the same thing has happened with me good luck oh by the way there is no such thing as officer final review and officer review they only use the term final review to calm down the applicant .

Well that is great to hear Mina. I will call on Sunday since they have not been answering my emails this week and try to see if maybe they have good news for me. When will you be traveling to the US?

Embassy Journey

U.S. Journey

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline

Hello Everyone.

Whenever you call DOS make sure you ask them if your AP process at Consulte level or if your case in at washington for AP. Always DOS customer Service person have two answers, either your visa printed, sent, or AP only period. So you have to ask them if your case is at the embasy or washington. mostly if your case is in washington it will take longer time to finish the AP. if your case is in the Consulte section, it is matter geting document from you and verifying them and the CO getting time to finalize your case.

H.G i am female and my interview took only 10 minutes, 7 questions, but they asked me to send my husband two Certified divorce decrees, and kept my pasport, the CO he was guy he even said to me "i hope your the last one" meaning that i hope he doesnt divorce you. Now most of embasies are asking original divorce decrees i know these once Cairo, Nairobi, UAE, and Yemen. One thing i know now is Cairo Consulate section did not updated any pending visa(visa on hold at the embasy level) Since December 30, they did not responded to emails since Jan 13. so we hoping they will start updating us this coming week insha allah.

to honest with you, I took KLM, Northwest, Emarats, Kenya airways, Delta, ethiopian air and Egyptair. i am not egyptian. I think the only airplane that was better than egyptair was Emarats. so let you know KLM is owned by dutch, Delta, and NW are owned by USA. Egyptair is wonderful airline comp.

Last .. if you call DOS or the Embasy, the phones will ring right away you have to option either wait let it ring someone will answer or the computer will cut you off so call back again until someone answrs it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.