disconnection

CAIRO'S FINAL REVIEW CLUB

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thank you so much bro .You are in my prayers as well .

I called the embassy today and the guy there was kinda nice to me .He told me that the case is still pending AP .The new AP started on Jan 13 he says .I was like are we any closer to the end of that process ? He says we are waiting for the result from DC as you waiting for it .I told him that when we call DOS they always say that my case is pending in Egypt not in USA .He says they don't see everything on their computers as i told you before '' That guy know me so well now LOL '' and they say that to you cause your file is in Egypt not in USA but we do that AP automatically .I was like please can you answer my only question ? Is it a name check ? He was like well as you know that the CO told us to don't say any details about the AP but cause you have been for long i will answer your question yeah its name check .

So i was right guys i knew it .I asked him if the CO can deny me after all of that waiting he says its kinda hard and rare to deny someone after all of that waiting .

So guys I'm sure now its name check .And there is nothing more i can do about it .

I just hope that they will done with that soon so i can be with my love .She needs me now more than any time else .

I think you hit the 6 months bro .I really wish you the best and i hope that you will hear good news soon .Hang in there bro its just matter of time .

HG~ I'm glad you finally got a little insight with your AP. Even if it doesn't speed the process up for you, just knowing that it is a name check sometimes gives you a little peace of mind.

Disconnect, HG and Khadijah, I still have all of you in my prayers that something good comes through!!! :thumbs:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline
HG~ I'm glad you finally got a little insight with your AP. Even if it doesn't speed the process up for you, just knowing that it is a name check sometimes gives you a little peace of mind.

Disconnect, HG and Khadijah, I still have all of you in my prayers that something good comes through!!! :thumbs:

Well yeah maybe i feel kinda good now .But i could be better that's for sure .It has been almost a year for me and still no visa .Sometimes i ask my self what the heck is going on ? why the heck its taking all that long ? I never ever thought that it will take that long .Unfortunately i can not speed up that process .So i hope that they will be done with that soon .

Disconnect and Khadijah I hope that we all will hear good news this month .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Well yeah maybe i feel kinda good now .But i could be better that's for sure .It has been almost a year for me and still no visa .Sometimes i ask my self what the heck is going on ? why the heck its taking all that long ? I never ever thought that it will take that long .Unfortunately i can not speed up that process .So i hope that they will be done with that soon .

WE NEED ONE MORE VISA BEFORE WE ARE ON THE 700 .

Timeline

I can only imagine the frustration you are feeling. I have a friend who is married to a girl in Canada and they were working on his spousal visa and he ended up waiting for 3 years before they approved him. 3 years, 1 daughter and 2 interviews later. He just got to Canada within the last 2 weeks. All of his AP was due to what work his father did. It didn't even have anything to do with him, but just who was in his family. That just shows you that when they investigate, they look at everyone who may know you.

I hope you have good news soon my friend.

:thumbs:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

(to match GC!)

Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012

event.png

Timeline
I can only imagine the frustration you are feeling. I have a friend who is married to a girl in Canada and they were working on his spousal visa and he ended up waiting for 3 years before they approved him. 3 years, 1 daughter and 2 interviews later. He just got to Canada within the last 2 weeks. All of his AP was due to what work his father did. It didn't even have anything to do with him, but just who was in his family. That just shows you that when they investigate, they look at everyone who may know you.

I hope you have good news soon my friend.

:thumbs:

The point is why the embassy waited all of that long to run the name check ? I had my interview back in March of 2009 and they started that name check on Jan 13,2010 .I mean dang why they waited 11 months to start that name check ? why they did not start it during those 11 months ?!!

All of this process is driving me insane .

I hope that you will hear good news soon from the Egyptian military so you can be with your love .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
The point is why the embassy waited all of that long to run the name check ? I had my interview back in March of 2009 and they started that name check on Jan 13,2010 .I mean dang why they waited 11 months to start that name check ? why they did not start it during those 11 months ?!!

All of this process is driving me insane .

I hope that you will hear good news soon from the Egyptian military so you can be with your love .

All applicants undergo a name check and fingerprints which usually clear in a couple hours to a few days. A separate FBI name check is done in Washington DC in which your name is run through a central database. If you have a common name, you will generate a lot of hits. If your name(even if it wasn't you) was ever mentioned in ANY sort of proceedings there will be a hit. The files then need to be manually checked to make sure you are not that person with the negative reference. As far as I understand, name check is the final step before green card or visa issuance. This would explain why it didn't start until all of your other AP was finished.

The funny thing about the name check situation is that if you were a terrorist they would want to find that out in a matter of hours or days and not months or years. Dummies. For the good of this country, not just applicants, you think they would speed up the name check process.

event.png

Timeline
All applicants undergo a name check and fingerprints which usually clear in a couple hours to a few days. A separate FBI name check is done in Washington DC in which your name is run through a central database. If you have a common name, you will generate a lot of hits. If your name(even if it wasn't you) was ever mentioned in ANY sort of proceedings there will be a hit. The files then need to be manually checked to make sure you are not that person with the negative reference. As far as I understand, name check is the final step before green card or visa issuance. This would explain why it didn't start until all of your other AP was finished.

The funny thing about the name check situation is that if you were a terrorist they would want to find that out in a matter of hours or days and not months or years. Dummies. For the good of this country, not just applicants, you think they would speed up the name check process.

That's exactly what the guy at the embassy told me .I asked him why the embassy did not run that name check during those 11 months ? He says they could not do that .Its like step by step process .And he says that the name check is the final step .They even said to my fiancee's senator that they completed their review .And they said that my application is currently under routine AP '' Which i found out its name check '' .

I was just wondering if they that kinda databases just for people who are wanted in USA and terrorists or its even including if someone did a crime or stuff like that in his own country ?!

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Disconnect, Hotguy and Khadijah I feel your pain on this waiting process. Im so sorry that you are still waiting. I hope you will hear something real soon. Its to the point of being almost not understanding what is going on. The visa's should of been issued a long time ago. Hang in there and dont loose hope. Im pulling for you all.

Timeline
Disconnect, Hotguy and Khadijah I feel your pain on this waiting process. Im so sorry that you are still waiting. I hope you will hear something real soon. Its to the point of being almost not understanding what is going on. The visa's should of been issued a long time ago. Hang in there and dont loose hope. Im pulling for you all.

I'm in agreement with Sandra. I'm pulling for you all too!

Any news with your journey Sandra? I'm hoping by the 20th of this month we will have some good news..... :innocent:

(to match GC!)

Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012

event.png

Timeline

thank you sandra for your supporting comment and i wish from all my heart that your journey will be more easier than you can imagine :) i am not mad at all about them or the visa process as i know they do their work and that they are loaded with work as it seems , but the question is ok you are busy then hire new ppl to help because the delay is hurting alot of ppl and also is a burden for the consulars .

anyways i still wish we will hear good news within march isA :)

Timeline

Any news with your journey Sandra? I'm hoping by the 20th of this month we will have some good news..... :innocent:

andrea , it's matter of paperwork and i hope you are not upset a lot about it , just relax and be prepared for your new life with your husband :)

thanks a lot for the good wishies and keep us updated with your news .

Timeline
That's exactly what the guy at the embassy told me .I asked him why the embassy did not run that name check during those 11 months ? He says they could not do that .Its like step by step process .And he says that the name check is the final step .They even said to my fiancee's senator that they completed their review .And they said that my application is currently under routine AP '' Which i found out its name check '' .

I was just wondering if they that kinda databases just for people who are wanted in USA and terrorists or its even including if someone did a crime or stuff like that in his own country ?!

isA the countdown is going for you to have your visa man :)

you will be 3 months of name checks on 13th of april and for sure they will send you your visa before that , isA :)

Timeline
andrea , it's matter of paperwork and i hope you are not upset a lot about it , just relax and be prepared for your new life with your husband :)

thanks a lot for the good wishies and keep us updated with your news .

Thanks Disconnection! yeah I know it's a matter of paperwork AND paying alot of money!!!! :angry: But, hey, if it will get him here any faster...we will take handle it!!! :whistle::whistle:

(to match GC!)

Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012

event.png

Timeline

Thank you so much .I really appreciate it .

Good luck and my best wishes for ya on your journey .

isA the countdown is going for you to have your visa man :)

you will be 3 months of name checks on 13th of april and for sure they will send you your visa before that , isA :)

Thank you so much bro .Insha'Allah we both will hear good news soon .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Things are going ok, it just takes forever to get stuff done. After the weekend is over we should have a better idea of where we are. My husband went to pick up the translations of the military and the lady wasnt finished yet and said she would be tomorrow. I did ask about getting permission from the military in leaving the country and he said he asked about it and knows what to do with that. Im really hopeing by the end of next week his papers will be in the mail to me. Im not trying to push him, I know he wants to come but he has lots to do since he has been tied to the military for the last 2 years. I hope on the 20th you will get your good news.

And to the others as well another day closer to victory.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.