disconnection

CAIRO'S FINAL REVIEW CLUB

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Sometimes i feel like calling DOS is usefulness .Cause they really don't want to say so much and they just want to say still pending AP the hang up LOL .

In fact i feel that calling the embassy is so much better at this point .DOS get their info from the embassy '' The embassy update DOS with everything new they do on the case '' So at least the embassy can say more details than DOS and we can get the info from its sours LOL .

Oh God that nightmare journey sucks .I hope that we all will wake up and that crazy horror nightmare will end up soon .

now i'm really confused :( i understood that during administrative processing, the file is literally sent from the embassy to the DOS in Washington, where they perform perfunctory name checks. when i contacted the embassy they told me they have no control over this, that it's with the DOS and it's the DOS who update the embassy. i call weekly, but no news. on day 73 of AP in Washington. but your post indicates that the DOS get their information from the embassy?

Meredith & Brahim

2 April 2009 - Married in France

23 April 2009 - Sent K3 Petitions

23 August 2009 - Petitions approved, sent to Paris

9 December 2009 - Interview: Approved, pending AP

7 May 2010 - 5 MONTHS LATER: DOS Confirms Visa Final Approval

10 May 2010 - Embassy Confirms Visa Being Issued

11 May 2010 - VISA IN HAND

14 May 2010 - Flights to Newark!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hamdy, congratulations on visa in hand! :dance:

All the members of the club, just popping in to say hi and to cheer for all of you.. I'm praying we get to hear more good news before the 500's too! :)(F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hamdy, congratulations on visa in hand! :dance:

All the members of the club, just popping in to say hi and to cheer for all of you.. I'm praying we get to hear more good news before the 500's too! :)(F)

welcome back aya :) how are you?? when are you going to move to there ??

i wish you a wonderful life with john isA .

as you all guys know i have sent them the JS that they need last week , and as per the call i did today to them i figured out that nothing happened yet and nothing has been reviewed .

anyone knows how soon would they do that ?? anyone heared anything similar ??

Timeline
welcome back aya :) how are you?? when are you going to move to there ??

i wish you a wonderful life with john isA .

as you all guys know i have sent them the JS that they need last week , and as per the call i did today to them i figured out that nothing happened yet and nothing has been reviewed .

anyone knows how soon would they do that ?? anyone heared anything similar ??

I'm fine alhamdulillah :).. We're buying the ticket the same day I'm flying and it's going to be any day after the 26th inshaAllah..probably early March, we're not sure yet... These weeks after I got the visa have been the hardest in this whole process, but we are being strong...

Thank you for the sweet wishes! I wish you the same with your wife very soon inshaAllah! :)

ROC Timeline

thanks alot aya

and its interesting that u will buy tickets the same day ??? is that way the tickets r cheaper???

thats what i guess anyway

and good luck to whoever strugglin in this journey just know that the waiting can teach u few things about yourself u didnt know

:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
now i'm really confused :( i understood that during administrative processing, the file is literally sent from the embassy to the DOS in Washington, where they perform perfunctory name checks. when i contacted the embassy they told me they have no control over this, that it's with the DOS and it's the DOS who update the embassy. i call weekly, but no news. on day 73 of AP in Washington. but your post indicates that the DOS get their information from the embassy?

There are two different type AP's. One is at the embassy level, where they are checking, investigating, verifying (or what ever it is they do), and the other is the Washington name checks.

If it is name checks, DOS would have that information first. Unfortunately, mine is not name checks...it is at the embassy level.

Sometimes i feel like calling DOS is usefulness .Cause they really don't want to say so much and they just want to say still pending AP the hang up LOL .

In fact i feel that calling the embassy is so much better at this point .DOS get their info from the embassy '' The embassy update DOS with everything new they do on the case '' So at least the embassy can say more details than DOS and we can get the info from its sours LOL .

Oh God that nightmare journey sucks .I hope that we all will wake up and that crazy horror nightmare will end up soon .

I think that DOS has more information then what they tell us. Sometimes when I call DOS, they tell me that our case is under AP and that is it. Other times, they tell me the last time that the embassy updated our case...(which I have noticed is when I send emails.)

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

You're lucky that the embassy in Egypt takes calls. When my husband calls the embassy in Jordan, they tell him to send an email. I have also called the embassy in Jordan and they tell me the same thing...send an email.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline
thanks alot aya

and its interesting that u will buy tickets the same day ??? is that way the tickets r cheaper???

thats what i guess anyway

and good luck to whoever strugglin in this journey just know that the waiting can teach u few things about yourself u didnt know

:)

Hamdy, not really.. I think they are around the same price, sometimes WAY more expensive.. The best price we got for late Feb. was 1088 USD I don't know if they raise it the day of the flight or not, but they probably do.

ROC Timeline

Timeline

Has anyone heard from Andrea?

ROC Timeline

Timeline
yeah man love can do miracles indeed it just depend what or who you love ;)

and i had my interview at 21 jan like i said before and it was very easy the consular officer asked me a few questions i was surprised they were little and then she asked my wife few question and then she said i am approved but will go under AP .and the consular told me it would take only 2 weeks cos she said my case is not complicated and she was very nice woman .she also said that they r short in staff and i believed her really i could see it in the background not many people were their

and the AP only took 2 weeks. and i had visa in hand today el hamdullah

i didnt participate that much in the club but i surely was readin it when disconnection first posted

but with ur case i dont know its very weird how its takin too long cos u see bro i think you should backoff a little bit and let it be till there is a good news like dont call as much or e mail as much ( it didnt change that much when u did ) and i think it can make them suspect somethin cos u r so rushin them

i dont know im just guessing unless u have any relative in political field or religous field ( as in extremist ) but normal religious people wouldnt raise alarm

Congratulations bro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that I'm pushing them and if so i guess its my rights .it has been almost 11 months and still no visa .I know its weird and i wish i know what the heck they doing all that time ?!

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
You're lucky that the embassy in Egypt takes calls. When my husband calls the embassy in Jordan, they tell him to send an email. I have also called the embassy in Jordan and they tell me the same thing...send an email.

USA embassy in Cairo used to be the same .They were not answering any questions about the visa on the phone .But i guess they just answer some questions when they know that you have been under AP for long time .Otherwise they will ask you to send them an Email .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Update :

My fiancee got an Email from the embassy here is what they said to her : :whistle:

Dear Ms.....

Thank you for your e-mail message.

Please note that Mr.......’s case is currently at its final stage of processing. His case is still undergoing mandatory administrative processing. Once this processing is complete, we will process his case to conclusion.

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Cairo

(WS)

I got a reply from DOS of my Email that i sent them on Dec 7,2009 and they said the same thing .

:blink::pop:

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Has anyone heard from Andrea?

I'm back!!! I guess now I am officially in the club!!! :blush: :blush:

All in all the interview went well. Nothing was said about AP but I'm not that naive.

Here is the link to the interview!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=243435&hl=

Let me know what you think!!!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline
Update :

My fiancee got an Email from the embassy here is what they said to her : :whistle:

Dear Ms.....

Thank you for your e-mail message.

Please note that Mr.......’s case is currently at its final stage of processing. His case is still undergoing mandatory administrative processing. Once this processing is complete, we will process his case to conclusion.

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Cairo

(WS)

I got a reply from DOS of my Email that i sent them on Dec 7,2009 and they said the same thing .

:blink::pop:

sounds good :thumbs: just let's hope this final step of proccessing will take only few days .

Timeline
I'm back!!! I guess now I am officially in the club!!! :blush: :blush:

All in all the interview went well. Nothing was said about AP but I'm not that naive.

Here is the link to the interview!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=243435&hl=

Let me know what you think!!!

welcome to the club :)

your interview looks fine but it's my first time to know that one of the CO is an arabic man, hmmmmm sounds strange to me .

anyways , yes they used to say 2 weeks and take 2 centuries but actually they made it sometimes and sent back the passport with the visa within 2 weeks , so let's hope you will be lucky enough to be one of those ppl who get visa within 2 weeks :)

keep us updated Andrea :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.