disconnection

CAIRO'S FINAL REVIEW CLUB

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
When you say call DOS, is that the NVC or another part of the Dept of State you are calling?

I'm just getting myself prepared since our interview is in 2 days...Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers everyone. I think I am more nervous right now than my husband :blush:

I'll give you an update afterwards!!

Good luck everyone!!

DOS is stands for Department Of State .Its where you call to check on your case status after the interview .

Don't be nervous and don't let the CO at the embassy seeing you nervous .Just calm down and everything will be ok .

Good luck and my best wishes for ya .

Don't forget to let us how it went .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Believe me every time we call DOS we ask them if its name check in DC or if the embassy is doing their verification .They never answered that question .they always say that they can not see that on their computer .

The guy at the embassy told me several times that new AP is going in DC and it started on Jan 13 .I asked him so why DOS can not see that on their computer ?! He says sometimes they can not see everything on their computers and that kinda AP is working electronically ! so maybe that's why they can not see on their computers !

Gosh, They answered that question for me. I find that some people at DOS are more helpful then others. Sorry, they didn't clear that up.

But, if the embassy said that it is in DC...then you are in name checks. Hopefully those will be over for you soon and you will have your visa.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline
When you say call DOS, is that the NVC or another part of the Dept of State you are calling?

I'm just getting myself prepared since our interview is in 2 days...Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers everyone. I think I am more nervous right now than my husband :blush:

I'll give you an update afterwards!!

Good luck everyone!!

DOS is the department of state...inshalla, your husband will be issued his visa and you won't have to be calling DOS. I know how you feel about being more nervous then your husband. I was too. I would tell you to try not to be nervous, but I know that is impossible. Just try to find something to focus on because you will make yourself crazy.

I hope all goes well for y'all and there are no issues and no AP.

Timeline
Gosh, They answered that question for me. I find that some people at DOS are more helpful then others. Sorry, they didn't clear that up.

But, if the embassy said that it is in DC...then you are in name checks. Hopefully those will be over for you soon and you will have your visa.

Thank you so much .I really appreciate it .

Yeah you are right .Some people at DOS are more helpful then others .but in fact every time we call DOS we get the same answer just AP .

I hope that you will hear good news .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Thank you so much .I really appreciate it .

Yeah you are right .Some people at DOS are more helpful then others .but in fact every time we call DOS we get the same answer just AP .

I hope that you will hear good news .

Thank you! I hope I hear good news soon too. It has been six months since this last interview. I'll be sending the embassy another email tonight. I find they answer faster when I email them on Saturday nights...don't understand it, but I'm not questioning it. I just keep waiting for the words final review or please send the passport.

Timeline
Thank you! I hope I hear good news soon too. It has been six months since this last interview. I'll be sending the embassy another email tonight. I find they answer faster when I email them on Saturday nights...don't understand it, but I'm not questioning it. I just keep waiting for the words final review or please send the passport.

It has been about 11 months for us .I hope that i will hear the words final review soon .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
It has been about 11 months for us .I hope that i will hear the words final review soon .

I know how you feel...It has been 3 years and 7 months since we first filed and 2 years and 5 months since our first interview. We will have our 4th anniversery next month.

I am sooo ready for this process to be over. I keep telling myself...at least we will have the IR1 and won't have to remove conditions.

They had said that this AP would be 4 to 6 months...we are at 6 months...so hopefully, it will be soon.

Hot Guy, you are on the last leg of this part of your journey. As soon as they finish these name checks, you should have your visa. :thumbs:

Timeline
I know how you feel...It has been 3 years and 7 months since we first filed and 2 years and 5 months since our first interview. We will have our 4th anniversery next month.

I am sooo ready for this process to be over. I keep telling myself...at least we will have the IR1 and won't have to remove conditions.

They had said that this AP would be 4 to 6 months...we are at 6 months...so hopefully, it will be soon.

Hot Guy, you are on the last leg of this part of your journey. As soon as they finish these name checks, you should have your visa. :thumbs:

illnevergetthis, since you passed 6 months of the AP then we can admit you are on the final step of it isA and within days you will go forward to the final review isA :)

Hot Guy , let's hope this name check is not taking more than few days in order to have your visa during march isA :)

And_Sam, being nervous won't help as all and not logical as well as they are doing their work and it's the same like dealing with any governental clerk .

just take it easy and enjoy your day there because it's remarkable in your life :) GOOD LUCK .

we need some good news hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i wish we will have some good news soon as we really need it , AMEN

Timeline
illnevergetthis, since you passed 6 months of the AP then we can admit you are on the final step of it isA and within days you will go forward to the final review isA :)

Hot Guy , let's hope this name check is not taking more than few days in order to have your visa during march isA :)

And_Sam, being nervous won't help as all and not logical as well as they are doing their work and it's the same like dealing with any governental clerk .

just take it easy and enjoy your day there because it's remarkable in your life :) GOOD LUCK .

we need some good news hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i wish we will have some good news soon as we really need it , AMEN

thank you, I sure hope so!! I hope we will all see visas in the passports soon.

Timeline

Ohhhh I know how it feels and it really hurts so much .It has been almost 17 months since we filed .Almost 11 months since my first interview .5 months since my second interview .2 months since my queen's interview '' the USC'' and it has been 4 years already since i met my queen and we are still apart .

It seems like we both have a very hard journey .And yeah keep thinking about it like that at least you will have IR1 and you will not have to deal with USCIS or any such places like that till the citizenship .And i keep thinking about it like well i know my queen for about 4 years ad we are still apart so to wait another 2 3 or 4 more months it wont hurt LOL .

And as you said they told you its going to take 4-6 months and it has been 6 months already so you are one step closer to the end of that nightmare .

We just have to hang in there cause we will not wait as long as we already been waiting .And we are one step closer to the end of that journey .Someday we will remember all of those hard days when we will be with our loved one and we will laugh about it .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Thank you so much bro for your kind words .I really appreciate it .

You sent them all what they want bro so i hope that you will get the visa soon .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Thank you so much bro for your kind words .I really appreciate it .

You sent them all what they want bro so i hope that you will get the visa soon .

thanks man :) isA we all will hear good news soon. so today is the begining of a new week , has anyone called them or sent them any mails ??

anything new ???????????

Timeline
thanks man :) isA we all will hear good news soon. so today is the begining of a new week , has anyone called them or sent them any mails ??

anything new ???????????

I emailed the Jordan embassy last night. I got an email this morning...

"The case is still under review. Once it is completed, we will be in touch."

I'll be calling DOS in a few more days...again...

Hope someone else has some better news.

Timeline
I emailed the Jordan embassy last night. I got an email this morning...

"The case is still under review. Once it is completed, we will be in touch."

I'll be calling DOS in a few more days...again...

Hope someone else has some better news.

idk if that's what you always heared from them ?? or is there any change ?? as i remember you said you are in AP so now under review means something else , is that right ?? can you call again and ask if that means you are out of AP ?? i really wish you are few days away of getting your visa isA :)

hmmm for me i have to wait for a while before i can ask anything from them as i sent them the JS few days ago , i am sure they won't start to have alook on it before some one week or so , pray for me guys :)

Timeline
idk if that's what you always heared from them ?? or is there any change ?? as i remember you said you are in AP so now under review means something else , is that right ?? can you call again and ask if that means you are out of AP ?? i really wish you are few days away of getting your visa isA :)

hmmm for me i have to wait for a while before i can ask anything from them as i sent them the JS few days ago , i am sure they won't start to have alook on it before some one week or so , pray for me guys :)

The embassy has been telling me the case is under review since November 15th. DOS always tells me that we are still under administrative processing.

I am waiting for the words final review from the embassy. I don't know what is taking them so long and what it is that they are "reviewing."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.