disconnection

CAIRO'S FINAL REVIEW CLUB

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
good luck to everyone and i m praying for every one and plz keep praying for me tooo :star:

Good luck bro and my best wishes for ya on the upcoming interview .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Good luck bro and my best wishes for ya on the upcoming interview .

hot guy and cairo , i will not be here so often during the next week as i am waiting to send them the js that they need to get me on the trak back again , i will be just reading and wishing all the best for both of you :)

isA i will get back to the club after only one week and i will be an active member back again , wish me luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
good luck to everyone and i m praying for every one and plz keep praying for me tooo :star:

good luck to you! I hope your AP is over soon.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
hot guy and cairo , i will not be here so often during the next week as i am waiting to send them the js that they need to get me on the trak back again , i will be just reading and wishing all the best for both of you :)

isA i will get back to the club after only one week and i will be an active member back again , wish me luck

wish you best of luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Best of luck preparing the sponsor papers and isa right after you submit them you will be out of the club soon.

HG, any new updates on your AP?

Ihab, any news for you on your case status?

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline
Best of luck preparing the sponsor papers and isa right after you submit them you will be out of the club soon.

hi Nancy, nothing yet i just sent them an email, hopefully they will issue it soon or this week, when is Ahmad leaving Alexandria, I miss Alexandria :)

Timeline

Good luck bro and my best wishes for ya .Hopefully they issue you the visa once they get those documents.

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Still no news Nancy .I tired to call them last Thursday and they did not answer the phone .And i sent them 2 Emails to check on my case status and still no reply .

Did Ahmed get his ticket yet ? I hope that everything is going ok with you guys .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
DHL is really on the move this time.

4th Feb

Scheduled for delivery as agreed 08:58

Arrived at Sort Facility Cairo - Egypt 19:46

Departed Facility in Cairo - Egypt 20:41

Processed at Cairo - Egypt 20:41

5th Feb

Arrived at Delivery Facility in Cairo - Egypt 02:29

This is the same information as the package going to the Embassy so I believe it is in Hurghada now. It doesn't update as Hurghada as everything says Cairo for some reason which is the same as before. Hubby is actually in Cairo on his break and he went to his Dad's office in 6th of October tonight to see them and his Uncle. He's supposed to be back to the clinic by Sunday I believe. It makes me uneasy knowing the package is there and he's not. DHL should be off on Friday as it is the weekend there. If the package isn't at the clinic already then it should be there for certain Saturday or Sunday. I should know if he has the visa in hand Sunday or Monday and if everything is ok with it. I was reading over the Congressman's email again and I read it mentioned the K3 visa. I suspect they issued the K3 visa then instead of the IR-1. We had questioned which one they would issue us because of the nature of this wait and we had read of some other cases on VJ that had been issued the IR-1 instead in the interview because they qualified for the visa after 2 years of marriage.

I also was musing over our visa journey timeline. Today it has been 2 years, 7 months, 4 weeks and 2 days since I filed for the K3. Our journey from filing to visa in hand took almost 3 years. We met online March 17th, 2004. That was 5 years, 10 months, 2 weeks, and 5 days ago. It has been nearly 6 years since we met this March till when he is supposed to arrive here. We were engaged March 27th, 2006. From the time we met online to the time we were engaged it took 2 years, 1 week and 3 days. And 3 years, 10 months, 1 week, and 2 days ago we were engaged. So nearly 4 years ago. Then 9 months after engagement we were married December 28th, 2006. Today we've been married 3 years, 1 month, 1 week and 1 day and have spent nearly that entire time apart waiting on the visa. This process isn't for the faint of heart. Some get through it quite well while others have one hell of a ride.

In the time that I've known him I finished my bachelors degree and applied for graduate school and made several short films and a documentary. He's finished his doctor in training or residency as we call it in the states and he served 16 months in the Egyptian military. He's had two nieces born. His Sister and Brother-in-law have been to the US twice now and one has finished their PhD at John Hopkins while the other is working on their PhD now at John Hopkins. One of my Brothers has gone into his own business only to sell it to his partner and start a new business and he's been divorced and remarried and now a baby girl is about to be born any day here. Another one of my brothers and one of my half-sisters have each married and divorced their partners in under a year. I also had one brother who served in Iraq, married when he got back, and had a baby boy last year. I'm watching the generation of my family that is 10 years younger than I getting married and starting their own families now or going off to college. I've also had many friends and family pass on and so has my Husband and that has been difficult to share apart like this.

In my time here on Visa Journey I've watched countless people go through the process and get visas and reunited or break up. I've read horror stories, I've read happy stories, I've seen many SO's get here, and many MENA babies born and shared in other members joys and trials. I've helped friends in person who've found their loved ones online, go through their divorce, unite with their SO's, and showed friends visa journey to go through their own visa journey. I've been apart of MENA book clubs in the summers, and started facebook groups for support for wives with spouses in the military mostly from Egypt. I've observed and participated in the cycles of VJ, and with the members of it, almost half the amount of time of my online relationship with this man. So much life has happened in this these last 6 years. So much has been invested in relationships in a way never before thought possible because we have this new technology today that allows us to connect. I am really grateful for the support VJ has provided and for having the opportunity to meet you all and experience your journeys as well and make many friends going through the same process. Visa Journey is a great resource if you allow it to be what it was intended for.

When my Husband arrives in March I wonder where will life take us next? What adventure is in store for us next? Where we will travel? When will he pass his USMLE's and start practicing medicine here? When will our first child be born and we get to start our own MENA family? Where we will settle down? How will he like my attempts at Egyptian cooking from the books I've bought? How will my friends and family take meeting him and what will his reaction be to them as well? What friends will he make here? What school will I go on to for my Masters or what jobs we'll get or even what the first year together on the same continent will be like. We never know what lessons we will learn in life or what surprises life may have in store. For example I've been accepted to graduate school a Boston University and the University of Westminster in SLC and I didn't even apply to them. They contacted me because of my GRE scores and my degree field. I'm still waiting to hear from the graduate schools I did apply to. They say I should know something by mid-March. Where we'll end up nobody knows for sure. There are considerations and compromises to be made when the time comes. I never intended to be here this long or live my life this way. Ten years ago I wouldn't even have imagined I'd be where I am today. I don't think anybody ever does when they get caught up in the ride of life much less the visa journey. This day was a long time coming and many times it seemed like the same day. Soon for all that follow or have a difficult journey it will be your story next and I hope that it will be your visa in hand too. (F)

We are so close now but even I know from my time reading here that there is still much more to come with immigration. The preparations for his arrival. His plane tickets and travel here. His POE experience. His adjustment here. My adjustment to the marriage in person and our life together. Then filing for Adjustment of Status or is it Removal of Conditions? I guess I will have to get started on the next load of paperwork for immigration and get ready for the next level of interviews and fees. There are so many more steps. Hopefully they will go faster then these years I've waited apart so far and at least this time we'll get to be together as he says "forever" this time. (L)

F'ing A Olivia... Im happy for you!!! :dancing:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

HG and Ihab, Ahmad did book his ticket and will be here on Thursday isa. He will actually be going from Alex to Cairo to catch the plane because the eskendria airport is really not that great. The new Cairo airport is really very nice and so so organized. I pray that both of you hear some news very soon isa.

Embassy Journey

U.S. Journey

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline
HG and Ihab, Ahmad did book his ticket and will be here on Thursday isa. He will actually be going from Alex to Cairo to catch the plane because the eskendria airport is really not that great. The new Cairo airport is really very nice and so so organized. I pray that both of you hear some news very soon isa.

that is awesome, i am really happy for you guys, i bet you are so excited, cool.

I also Emailed the embassy yesterday and today they sent me an Email letting me know that the visa was issued on the 7th on sunday and that we should receive it within the next 10 days, ( hopefully this is the truth) i will let you know once she receives it.:)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
that is awesome, i am really happy for you guys, i bet you are so excited, cool.

I also Emailed the embassy yesterday and today they sent me an Email letting me know that the visa was issued on the 7th on sunday and that we should receive it within the next 10 days, ( hopefully this is the truth) i will let you know once she receives it.:)

Great news!!!!! Congratulations!!! :dance:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wonderful news, Nancy!! Wishing your husband a safe flight and the both of you a very happy reunion!! :)

Disconnection, Good luck! :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

Congratulations on the visa Ihab. Since you got the email today then that means you should have your visa in hand by Thursday isa.

Wonderful news, Nancy!! Wishing your husband a safe flight and the both of you a very happy reunion!! :)

Disconnection, Good luck! :thumbs:

Thanks so much Aya. I really appreciate it so much. When will you be heading to the US?

Embassy Journey

U.S. Journey

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.