disconnection

CAIRO'S FINAL REVIEW CLUB

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Well I guess you are in luck disconnection because I just received an email that our visa has been issued yesterday. I am so happy and thankful for all the help all of you have given me. :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

oh, wow! i am so excited for you both! when will he fly to the states? i've been following your dates closely as we're one month behind you and have husbands from similar background. wishing you all the best together! please keep us updated on what happens next!

Meredith & Brahim

2 April 2009 - Married in France

23 April 2009 - Sent K3 Petitions

23 August 2009 - Petitions approved, sent to Paris

9 December 2009 - Interview: Approved, pending AP

7 May 2010 - 5 MONTHS LATER: DOS Confirms Visa Final Approval

10 May 2010 - Embassy Confirms Visa Being Issued

11 May 2010 - VISA IN HAND

14 May 2010 - Flights to Newark!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
hi Guys,

I am new here, i am glad i found a site like this to kind of get an idea of what i should expect.

well, my question is, my wife did have her interview on january 5th, she was missing one document so we did send it, they received it on january 12th, ever since we have been calling and emailing and they say the co is reviewing documents, and finally they said they are in the last process final review before they issue the visa.

it is frustrating, but from what i see on here all the posts, i don't see a female really waiting for ap, almost every post i have seen been guys no females, any ideas what is going on, we are going crazy.

it is a k3 visa, any info would be greatly appreciated

thank you

Sounds pretty standard.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
Hi everyone,

I've been reading this thread since it began, following all of your journeys. I wasn't sure if I should add my story as I petitioned for my 3 stepdaughters, not a spouse or fiance. I decided to, hopefully to offer all of you continued encouragement.

The girls had their interview at the Cairo embassy on December 13, 2009. They did question the girls away from their dad. They came away from the interview needing a police record for the oldest (she turned 16 between the time we filed and the time of the interview) as well they wanted to see my husbands original divorce certificate. Quick fixes. The oldest went and got fingerprinted and filled out the needed forms. I sent the divorce certificate early January (was afraid with the Christmas mail it might get lost/misdirected in customs or wherever). They embassy received and signed for the paper on January 10, 2010.

On Monday, February 1, 2010 the girls received their passports with the visas issued. The visas were issued on January 28, 2010.

We were all very happy and very surprised, no-one received an email letting us know it was issued.

As I said, I know we are in a little different situation-obviously no AP- but we did go through everything all of you are experiencing 6 years ago when I petitioned my husband, so I do know what you are going through.

I am hoping by me writing this, all of you waiting will have a little more encouragement knowing the embassy in Cairo IS issuing visas. Don't give up hope.

Thanks for sharing your story again in this thread and congrats on the girls visas! :thumbs:

Congrats Barbara and thanks for that information. Also CONGRATULATIONS Olivia!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Nancy for all your support. Again I'm so happy to know you. (L)

sounds like a good week for the club :) , some problem emerged to my case and we are trying to solve it ASAP in order to follow you guys :D

congratulations for you nancy and flower .

Thanks disconnection! (F)

:dance::dance: Congratulations Olivia !!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance:

It has been long time .I'm so happy for you .

Have a nice happy new life with Waleed .

Mohamed

Insha'Allah he will get it this week .Maybe Sunday or Monday :thumbs:

Thanks Mohamed! :luv: I hope the good news keeps on coming for the club.

yeah but for our case they seem doing some insane and unbelievable stuff, today we got a respnse from our congressman stating that we need to send them a joint spnosor as the one we sent them in last november did not work for them , so why didn't they just told us , why should i wait for 3 months to know that now ??

that issue really makes me feel so upset as how come i get to the final review and everytime i call them they say that the documents i sent were ok and no problems ?? !!!!!!!!!!!

but the thing that makes me feel ok that our vlub is successful and a good omen for its members and 3 of us got their visas by now , hopefully this club will go on until we all get our visas :)

congratulations and let's look forward to hear good news for everyone soon isA :)

Hopefully this will be resolved soon. (F):thumbs:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I've been reading this thread since it began, following all of your journeys. I wasn't sure if I should add my story as I petitioned for my 3 stepdaughters, not a spouse or fiance. I decided to, hopefully to offer all of you continued encouragement.

The girls had their interview at the Cairo embassy on December 13, 2009. They did question the girls away from their dad. They came away from the interview needing a police record for the oldest (she turned 16 between the time we filed and the time of the interview) as well they wanted to see my husbands original divorce certificate. Quick fixes. The oldest went and got fingerprinted and filled out the needed forms. I sent the divorce certificate early January (was afraid with the Christmas mail it might get lost/misdirected in customs or wherever). They embassy received and signed for the paper on January 10, 2010.

On Monday, February 1, 2010 the girls received their passports with the visas issued. The visas were issued on January 28, 2010.

We were all very happy and very surprised, no-one received an email letting us know it was issued.

As I said, I know we are in a little different situation-obviously no AP- but we did go through everything all of you are experiencing 6 years ago when I petitioned my husband, so I do know what you are going through.

I am hoping by me writing this, all of you waiting will have a little more encouragement knowing the embassy in Cairo IS issuing visas. Don't give up hope.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations Nancy and Olivia!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm sooo happy to see many cases are progressing!!! Good luck to everyone else who is waiting!! Your turn is coming very soon!! :):thumbs:

I picked up my visa on December 31st.. Exactly a week from the date the visa was issued. :)

It shouldn't be much longer until Ahmed receives his visa, Nancy! (F)

Disconnection, I laughed when I read your expectations that came out true! You're definitely 'connected' :lol:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline
Congratulations Nancy and Olivia!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm sooo happy to see many cases are progressing!!! Good luck to everyone else who is waiting!! Your turn is coming very soon!! :):thumbs:

I picked up my visa on December 31st.. Exactly a week from the date the visa was issued. :)

It shouldn't be much longer until Ahmed receives his visa, Nancy! (F)

Disconnection, I laughed when I read your expectations that came out true! You're definitely 'connected' :lol:

congatulations , aya :D

i wish you a wonderful life with your man , and keep us updated :)

LOL yeah i was connected with the future when i expected that , lol do you see the sequence of getting visa ?? exactly as i said but it missed me LOL i won't have it that soon as i have some issue to solve with them :)

Timeline
yeah but for our case they seem doing some insane and unbelievable stuff, today we got a respnse from our congressman stating that we need to send them a joint spnosor as the one we sent them in last november did not work for them , so why didn't they just told us , why should i wait for 3 months to know that now ??

that issue really makes me feel so upset as how come i get to the final review and everytime i call them they say that the documents i sent were ok and no problems ?? !!!!!!!!!!!

but the thing that makes me feel ok that our vlub is successful and a good omen for its members and 3 of us got their visas by now , hopefully this club will go on until we all get our visas :)

congratulations and let's look forward to hear good news for everyone soon isA :)

I know that's really so weird.Why they did not call or Email you to ask you for a new CO-sponsor ? were they waiting for your wife's congressman to get involved?!!!

I hope once they get the new CO-sponsor bro they will issue your visa and it will be the lest step .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
I know that's really so weird.Why they did not call or Email you to ask you for a new CO-sponsor ? were they waiting for your wife's congressman to get involved?!!!

I hope once they get the new CO-sponsor bro they will issue your visa and it will be the lest step .

i was shocked really as i didn't imagine that we were waiting for 3 months for nothing . i don't know if they just like to make ppl wait for nothing or that they didn't review the documents we sent for those 3 months and until the congressman contacted them so they started to look at it .

we will see what else will they do when we send them the new tax returns (2009) that proves my wife makes more than enough to sponsor me , and we would send my mother in law's most recent tax returns (2008) also so they can choose each one is workable for them .

i wish you will get good news soon bro , anything new from their side??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

thanks guys for the info, here is a funny thing, i don't know to laugh or cry but, i called DOS Today and an old lady answered the phone, when i told her about my case and everything and asked how long it will take, she said " Sir you are talking about the Cairo Embassy" no ones knows what these guys do especially over there in that embassy and we both started laughing .

it is frustrating but what can we do, anyway, i got an email from them today after i sent them one yesterday and they said

dear sir,

the visa is about to be issued.

I am not sure iF this is true or not, or they are just giving me the medicine for my pain

anyway, best of luck to all of you guys

Timeline
thanks guys for the info, here is a funny thing, i don't know to laugh or cry but, i called DOS Today and an old lady answered the phone, when i told her about my case and everything and asked how long it will take, she said " Sir you are talking about the Cairo Embassy" no ones knows what these guys do especially over there in that embassy and we both started laughing .

it is frustrating but what can we do, anyway, i got an email from them today after i sent them one yesterday and they said

dear sir,

I am not sure iF this is true or not, or they are just giving me the medicine for my pain

congratulation Ihab :) within next week your visa will be issued and the week after you will recieve it :)

that's what i can say from my expierence and hopefully that will come true , just relax and countdown days ;)

Timeline

dear sir,

Sounds like really good news, Ihab! :)

You should hear that your wife's visa is already issued by next week! :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

Timeline
congatulations , aya :D

i wish you a wonderful life with your man , and keep us updated :)

LOL yeah i was connected with the future when i expected that , lol do you see the sequence of getting visa ?? exactly as i said but it missed me LOL i won't have it that soon as i have some issue to solve with them :)

Thank you for the sweet wishes, Disconnection. :)

ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.