disconnection

CAIRO'S FINAL REVIEW CLUB

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
I have not heard back from my congressman since I just emailed them. Im guessing maybe I wont hear back from them until sometime later this week. Did they write you back to let you know that they had contacted the embassy and were waiting for their response or has the congressman not written back to you all? If the congress has contacted them and not received a response back yet that could mean that the embassy is waiting to respond to them with good news about your visa. As soon as I hear back from my congressman, I will let you know whether they require me to fill out a form or not. Isa this will be a good week for us since its the beginning of a new month.

My congressman required me to just fill out a form giving them permission to look into my case, it's an information privacy thing. Congressman don't have any authority to change a case, just to make a 'congressional inquiry on your behalf' - they typically have contacts at other government agencies who are more likely to respond to them quickly. Be forewarned, mine gets confused and gave me the wrong information (that we were out of AP and we're not). So be sure to explain in full detail what you want them to do and who (what agency) you want them to contact.

Meredith & Brahim

2 April 2009 - Married in France

23 April 2009 - Sent K3 Petitions

23 August 2009 - Petitions approved, sent to Paris

9 December 2009 - Interview: Approved, pending AP

7 May 2010 - 5 MONTHS LATER: DOS Confirms Visa Final Approval

10 May 2010 - Embassy Confirms Visa Being Issued

11 May 2010 - VISA IN HAND

14 May 2010 - Flights to Newark!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
My congressman required me to just fill out a form giving them permission to look into my case, it's an information privacy thing. Congressman don't have any authority to change a case, just to make a 'congressional inquiry on your behalf' - they typically have contacts at other government agencies who are more likely to respond to them quickly. Be forewarned, mine gets confused and gave me the wrong information (that we were out of AP and we're not). So be sure to explain in full detail what you want them to do and who (what agency) you want them to contact.

Yeah, that's what the Congressman I mistakenly contacted had asked me for; a release form. The other one, who actually IS the congressman for my district didn't ask for it, but I initially contacted him by phone and by email for the one who asked for the form. So I'm not sure if he's serious about the inquiry, or maybe isn't so concerned with that part of the procedure or perhaps my actual phone call served as a verbal release form of sorts. Maybe I'll just get them both working on it :P

Timeline

1st February Department of State

I called DOS: 1-202-663-1225

I selected menu options: #1, 4, 2, 3, 3, 0

I called at 10:43 MST twice. The first call I selected 1, 0 and was sent back to the beginning so I called a second time and tried 1, 4, 2, 3, 3, 0 and got through almost immediately. I spoke with a woman who didn't tell me her name but I know I've spoken with her before because she sounded familiar. I asked for an update on our case. She asked for the case number and both our names. I gave her the information and she took a few minutes in silence and came back and said that we're still pending Administrative Processing. I asked her if this administrative processing is in Washington D.C. or in Cairo. She said that she thinks they just finished the results in D.C. and sent them to Cairo. Then she paused like she was checking something and said, "Yeah they sent them to Cairo so it is pending in Cairo."

When I called DOS I noticed they changed the greeting again. Now they say that due to the crisis in Haiti they are taking called from 8:30 am to 5 pm which is a half hour shaved off the time they used to say they were open till 5:30 pm. Then the message says from 5 pm to midnight there is another number to call for Haiti related inquiries.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
oh that's a good news for me man as in the interview the consular asked me to send a joint sponsor and one week later i did but she rejected it after 5 days , then i realized that i can use my assets and to prove that my wife is able to sponsor me without any joint sponsor so we send them some evidences and the consular didn't reject since then and everything went fine , now when the same consular is reviewing then i think there will be not problems with our sponsorship , am i right??

i mean , could that be an issue for me to be worried about after 3 months of sending them that ??

Nope .I guess its not your CO-Sponsor .they should be done with that long time ago.so maybe its something else taking them all that time !

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

I called at 10:43 MST twice. The first call I selected 1, 0 and was sent back to the beginning so I called a second time and tried 1, 4, 2, 3, 3, 0 and got through almost immediately. I spoke with a woman who didn't tell me her name but I know I've spoken with her before because she sounded familiar. I asked for an update on our case. She asked for the case number and both our names. I gave her the information and she took a few minutes in silence and came back and said that we're still pending Administrative Processing. I asked her if this administrative processing is in Washington D.C. or in Cairo. She said that she thinks they just finished the results in D.C. and sent them to Cairo. Then she paused like she was checking something and said, "Yeah they sent them to Cairo so it is pending in Cairo."

When I called DOS I noticed they changed the greeting again. Now they say that due to the crisis in Haiti they are taking called from 8:30 am to 5 pm which is a half hour shaved off the time they used to say they were open till 5:30 pm. Then the message says from 5 pm to midnight there is another number to call for Haiti related inquiries.

Well you can press 1 then 0 .that's all .

I hope that you will hear good news soon .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thats strange that it took you to the beginning again when you pressed 1 and then 0. Did you press 1 and 0 after the first or second message? I called DOS and only pressed 1 and 0 after the 2nd message and got through right away. Also about the administrative processing that DOS told you.......they say that about anything unless the visa has been issued then they will tell you something different. Everytime I call DOS they still tell me AP and when I say well I thought the AP was finished from washington on the 21st they tell me that they say AP until the visa has been issued, but if it hasnt been issued yet then it is considered AP. When will all this end?? I feel like you have to a brain surgeon to try and figure out the rhyme or reason of the embassy.

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline

Update :-

OK guys my fiancee's senator got an Email back from the embassy and here is what they said to her :-

Dear senator ......

I'm writing in reference to your Email dated January 13 ,2009 concerning the Non-immigrant ''Fiance (e) visa case of Mr Mohamed ...................

Mr.......... is the husband of your constituent Ms ......... case number (2004..........)

We have completed our review of Mr ............case .his application is currently undergoing routine administrative processing .once the processing is complete we will contact Mr ......to notify him of the next step of his case .

If i can be of further assistance in this or any other matter , please do not hesitate to contact me .

Sincerely ........

I have noticed many things on that Email .

They said fiance visa and they called me the husband of ....LOL they always calling me husband '' Hope i will be a husband soon ''

And if you look at the case number '' its not my case number at all '' and if you guys notice it backs to 2004 LOL so maybe they still use the same letter when they answer the senator Emails from 2004 !!

Well lets talk about the good thing about that Email .they told the senator that they completed their review and i guess its good .

And if you notice guys that they got the senator's Email on Jan 13 . and when i called the embassy they told me that the new AP started on Jan 13.

So i guess somehow the senator's Email kinda push them so they start that AP the same day they got the senator's Email .

So i hope all that nightmare will end soon and that AP will be completed soon .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Thats strange that it took you to the beginning again when you pressed 1 and then 0. Did you press 1 and 0 after the first or second message? I called DOS and only pressed 1 and 0 after the 2nd message and got through right away. Also about the administrative processing that DOS told you.......they say that about anything unless the visa has been issued then they will tell you something different. Everytime I call DOS they still tell me AP and when I say well I thought the AP was finished from washington on the 21st they tell me that they say AP until the visa has been issued, but if it hasnt been issued yet then it is considered AP. When will all this end?? I feel like you have to a brain surgeon to try and figure out the rhyme or reason of the embassy.

It was funny to me. I pressed 1 first while the greeting was going but it did nothing and kept going. Then I waited for it to end and I pressed 1 again and then I pressed 0 and got sent back to the beginning of the greeting. Then I listened to it all again and then it started ringing and then there was silence for 2 minutes so I laughed and thought what happened? I hung up and called again and that time zipped through it pressing the options I normally do after listening to the greeting. :blush:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I agree .the DOS will keep saying '' the case is pending administrative processing till the embassy issue the visa ''

I think calling the embassy is so much useful .the guy at the embassy told me that the DOS can not see everything on their computer .sometimes the USA do the AP electronically and the DOS can not see that on their computers .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

OK guys my fiancee's senator got an Email back from the embassy and here is what they said to her :-

Dear senator ......

I'm writing in reference to your Email dated January 13 ,2009 concerning the Non-immigrant ''Fiance (e) visa case of Mr Mohamed ...................

Mr.......... is the husband of your constituent Ms ......... case number (2004..........)

We have completed our review of Mr ............case .his application is currently undergoing routine administrative processing .once the processing is complete we will contact Mr ......to notify him of the next step of his case .

If i can be of further assistance in this or any other matter , please do not hesitate to contact me .

Sincerely ........

They said fiance visa and they called me the husband of ....LOL they always calling me husband '' Hope i will be a husband soon ''

And if you look at the case number '' its not my case number at all '' and if you guys notice it backs to 2004 LOL so maybe they still use the same letter when they answer the senator Emails from 2004 !!

Well lets talk about the good thing about that Email .they told the senator that they completed their review and i guess its good .

And if you notice guys that they got the senator's Email on Jan 13 . and when i called the embassy they told me that the new AP started on Jan 13.

So i guess somehow the senator's Email kinda push them so they start that AP the same day they got the senator's Email .

While Congressmen can advocate on behalf of their constituents I don't think they are really much help in this process unless they sit on the Embassy's budget committee.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
I agree .the DOS will keep saying '' the case is pending administrative processing till the embassy issue the visa ''

I think calling the embassy is so much useful .the guy at the embassy told me that the DOS can not see everything on their computer .sometimes the USA do the AP electronically and the DOS can not see that on their computers .

I think we can all agree then that when they say the case is pending consular's final review that is the same as saying administrative processing.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
I think we can all agree then that when they say the case is pending consular's final review that is the same as saying administrative processing.

i guess what we can agree is that DOS is helpless and they wouldn't know anything new unless the visa has been already issued so don't call them but once a month or so when you have time and all your friends are sleeping and you find no one to talk with LOL

when yhe AP is the same the consular's final review then why some ppl have the AP while other's have the final review ?? why would they change their mail from AP to final review ?? i don't think that they could do that just to avoid our anger . i think they are different but how different , that's the question which we could figure out during the next days ;)

While Congressmen can advocate on behalf of their constituents I don't think they are really much help in this process unless they sit on the Embassy's budget committee.

i think the help they can do is to make the embassy embarassed when they have no excuse to delay but when there's something the consulate does with the case then no one could help to fasten it up or to make them neglect what they are doing .

Timeline

Dear senator ......

Sincerely ........

man that's a good news , they have completed their review . now it's normal AP to search where your passport is to stamp it with the visa , they need some diver to dive inside the passports mountain that they have as i am sure they have a LOOOOOOOOOT of waiating passports :D

i am happy for you because your case has moved one step forward and isA so soon you will finish your journey and you will be husband :D but you should invite us to your wedding... deal ?

Timeline

did you get any reply, nancy ??

believe me the DOS will not help and for me DHL would be more helpful lol , so you better call the embassy and your congressman and isA we will dance for you within days :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
did you get any reply, nancy ??

believe me the DOS will not help and for me DHL would be more helpful lol , so you better call the embassy and your congressman and isA we will dance for you within days :)

I did call the embassy today and was told that the case is CO final review. She said that the AP is completed and that the officer should be reviewing the case shortly to issue the visa. She said there is nothing else pending and that hopefully it wont be too much longer. So basically nothing new. I also called DOS and they also said that the AP is completed and that case is pending the officer's review.

One good thing is that my senator's office contacted me today and they emailed me a form that I have to fill out and fax to their office so that they can inquire with the embassy. I was surprised they contacted me so quickly especially since I just emailed them on Saturday night. I have filled out the form and will fax it to their office in the morning.

Mohamed, I think that is great news that they are finished reviewing your case and I think this new AP will be over fast and you will be getting that wonderful email saying "Visa Has Been Issued."

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.