disconnection

CAIRO'S FINAL REVIEW CLUB

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hot Guy, i am just wondering are you planning on ur fiance coming back to egypt to see you, or perhaps getting married and filing a k3 or cr1 ?? you guys have been waitin so long, and only ever meeting once has to be hard. its got to be hard to maintain a relationship on so little face to face in so long. i wish you well.

Well we are not thinking about that at this point .We just rather to wait to see what the embassy will do to our case ?!! Maybe it does not sound promising but we still have a hope to hear from them soon .For some reasons i guess the embassy wants to delay us and they want to play the waiting game with us '' They are the best when it comes to the waiting game '' .

Yeah i know it has been so long for us '' Tomorrow we will hit the 10 months of waiting ''

My fiancee visited me 2 times not just once .but it has been kinda long time since she was here in my arms the last time .

Thank you so much for your thoughts !

Mohamed

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I called DOS today and was told that the case is still pending and that the visa has not been processed yet. HG isa you and your fiance will be hearing good news soon and all of us can get out of the Final Review Club. As much as I enjoy reading what is going on with everyone's case I will be so thankful when I am out of the club and can join the visa in hand club....lol. Any new updates or emails out of Cairo for anyone else?? I am really hoping they will get the ball rolling tomorrow in Cairo since they do not take calls or have interviews tomorrow. Also go Egypt for winning the game today!!!!

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline

Ok here is all our compiled notes on our case for inquiring minds about the post-interview processing. I hope it will help shed some light on it for any of you out there.

Our Case

23rd August @ American Embassy in Cairo

Approval in interview.

17th September Department of State

I called DOS and spoke with Victoria explaining that my Husband was approved for the visa in the interview and they said it wouldn't be more than 2-3 weeks for the visa in hand. She took our information made an inquiry and said she would call me back as soon as she heard back.

23rd September Department of State

Victoria called me back at 6:30 am Pacific Time to tell me that our case was in processing.

28th September From Embassy

Please note that at the time of issuing your visa, new administrative processing was requested. Your case is currently pending new administrative processing. Once this process is completed, we will continue processing your visa.

9th October Department of State

I called DOS at 2 pm and it said they were closed. They closed 30 minutes early that day.

Menu options I had to select # 1, 4, 2, 3, 3, 0.

Their hours are for M-F

8:30 am - 5:30 pm EST

12th October From Embassy

Please note that you need to send your passport to our office via DHL courier service to enable us to continue processing your visa. The case is pending the officer’s final review. We will process the case to conclusion once that is completed.

That was when they first said consulars final review and there was a mistake because they had his passport already because they kept it at the interview. We kept sending emails asking about the passport but no formal reply about it again. Eventually I called DOS about it.

21st October From Embassy

Please note that your case is still pending consular officer’s review.

Then a funny thing happened my Husband was writing me about this note on the 22nd and he put his term of endearment, "baby", at the beginging and meant to send it to me and instead sent it to them and they replied back:

22nd October From Embassy

Which baby are you referring too?

He just wrote back sorry it was a forward for my Wife and explained it. :lol: They replied back:

Thank you

26th October From Embassy

11th November Department of State

I called DOS: 1-202-663-1225

I used menu options I had to select # 1, 4, 2, 3, 3, 0.

I called at 12:00 pm Pacific Time and got right though.

Their hours are for M-F

I asked about the status of our case. A woman was on the line and asked for our case number and then the beneficiaries name. I gave her the full name. Then she said she has to look at the notes and she will be right back. After a few moments of silence she came back and said "It shows your case is still under Administrative Processing." I asked about the missing passport and she went to look at her notes again. She came back and said I show two cases do you have another case number for the Embassy. I told her no and explained the I-129F and I-130 case numbers but one is sitting at the USCIS CSC as far as I know. She said then according to the notes I have there are no notes about a missing passport and your case is still in administrative processing.

15th November From Embassy

The consular officer is reviewing the case for issuance.

17th November From Embassy

The case is undergoing necessary administrative processing. We will process the case to conclusion once that is completed.

6th December From Embassy

Please note that your case is currently pending consular officer’s review.

14th December From Embassy

We then asked how long is this going to take and what the status was.

17th December From Embassy

Unfortunately, we are not able to predict an exact timeframe required to finalize any individual cases. Your case is still pending consular officer’s review.

23rd December From Congressman

Congressman's office contacts us back and asks my Husband to fill out paperwork to which I send an inquiry back about.

5th January From Congressman

Congressman's office contacts us a second time about paperwork clarification.

6th January From Embassy

The adminstraitve processing has been completed. The officer is revewing the case. We will process the conclusion once that is completed.

11th January From Congressman

Congressman submits Congressional inquiry to the US Consulate in Cairo.

We emailed the Congressman's office and the Embassy again last week but 11th January was the last time we heard anything back from anybody. :unsure:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
Ok here is all our compiled notes on our case for inquiring minds about the post-interview processing. I hope it will help shed some light on it for any of you out there.

Our Case

Approval in interview.

I called DOS and spoke with Victoria explaining that my Husband was approved for the visa in the interview and they said it wouldn't be more than 2-3 weeks for the visa in hand. She took our information made an inquiry and said she would call me back as soon as she heard back.

Victoria called me back at 6:30 am Pacific Time to tell me that our case was in processing.

Please note that at the time of issuing your visa, new administrative processing was requested. Your case is currently pending new administrative processing. Once this process is completed, we will continue processing your visa.

I called DOS at 2 pm and it said they were closed. They closed 30 minutes early that day.

Their hours are for M-F

Please note that you need to send your passport to our office via DHL courier service to enable us to continue processing your visa. The case is pending the officer’s final review. We will process the case to conclusion once that is completed.

That was when they first said consulars final review and there was a mistake because they had his passport already because they kept it at the interview. We kept sending emails asking about the passport but no formal reply about it again. Eventually I called DOS about it.

Then a funny thing happened my Husband was writing me about this note on the 22nd and he put his term of endearment, "baby", at the beginging and meant to send it to me and instead sent it to them and they replied back:

He just wrote back sorry it was a forward for my Wife and explained it. :lol: They replied back:

Thank you

Their hours are for M-F

I asked about the status of our case. A woman was on the line and asked for our case number and then the beneficiaries name. I gave her the full name. Then she said she has to look at the notes and she will be right back. After a few moments of silence she came back and said "It shows your case is still under Administrative Processing." I asked about the missing passport and she went to look at her notes again. She came back and said I show two cases do you have another case number for the Embassy. I told her no and explained the I-129F and I-130 case numbers but one is sitting at the USCIS CSC as far as I know. She said then according to the notes I have there are no notes about a missing passport and your case is still in administrative processing.

The case is undergoing necessary administrative processing. We will process the case to conclusion once that is completed.

Unfortunately, we are not able to predict an exact timeframe required to finalize any individual cases. Your case is still pending consular officer’s review.

Congressman's office contacts us back and asks my Husband to fill out paperwork to which I send an inquiry back about.

6th January From Embassy

The adminstraitve processing has been completed. The officer is revewing the case. We will process the conclusion once that is completed.

We emailed the Congressman's office and the Embassy again last week but 11th January was the last time we heard anything back from anybody. :unsure:

This is great news that the AP is finished. I think you will be hearing something very soon. We are in exactly the same position right now. Have you tried calling DOS to find out if the visa has been issued yet or not?

Embassy Journey

U.S. Journey

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline
This is great news that the AP is finished. I think you will be hearing something very soon. We are in exactly the same position right now. Have you tried calling DOS to find out if the visa has been issued yet or not?

i am in the consular review mode for the last 3 months too and that makes me feel so bad actually , hopefully they will start to work properly to finish those pending visas, and put an end to our suffer. AMEN.

Edited by disconnection

Timeline
i am in the consular review mode for the last 3 months too and that makes me feel so bad actually , hopefully they will start to work properly to finish those pending visas, and put an end to our suffer. AMEN.

I am praying you are right and that they work hard to get everyone who has been waiting their visa. I think I will just call DOS everyday and email the consulate next week to see if there any updates.

Embassy Journey

U.S. Journey

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline
I called DOS today and was told that the case is still pending and that the visa has not been processed yet. HG isa you and your fiance will be hearing good news soon and all of us can get out of the Final Review Club. As much as I enjoy reading what is going on with everyone's case I will be so thankful when I am out of the club and can join the visa in hand club....lol. Any new updates or emails out of Cairo for anyone else?? I am really hoping they will get the ball rolling tomorrow in Cairo since they do not take calls or have interviews tomorrow. Also go Egypt for winning the game today!!!!

Thank you so much and i hope that you will hear good news soon .

But they will go to Alexandria .'' They go to Alexandria on the last Tuesday of the month ''

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Hang in there bro .I know how does it feel .I have been under that sh*t for 10 months and still counting .

I hope that the embassy will keep the ball rolling and they will issue more visas this week .

If i was in their shoes i would do my best to get rid of those pending cases from last year.and i hope they will do that

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Our Case

Approval in interview.

Their hours are for M-F

Please note that you need to send your passport to our office via DHL courier service to enable us to continue processing your visa. The case is pending the officer's final review. We will process the case to conclusion once that is completed.

Please note that your case is still pending consular officer's review.

Thank you

Please note that your case is still pending consular officer's review.

Their hours are for M-F

Please note that your case is currently pending consular officer's review.

Please note that your case is currently pending consular officer's review.

Unfortunately, we are not able to predict an exact timeframe required to finalize any individual cases. Your case is still pending consular officer's review.

6th January From Embassy

Olivia Thank you so much for sharing that with us .

Last time we heard back from the embassy it was on Jan 12 .

Since my fiancee get her senator involved we did not hear back from the embassy nor from her senator .

I sent an Email to the embassy and another Email to the Consul General and i begged of them to tell us what's the heck is going on ?!!!

Hope that we all will hear good news soon .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

I dislike calling DOS because I only have a mobile phone and it uses up my minutes. Sometimes I can hang there for 30 minutes before getting a person on the line. Plus they don't tell us much or give us conflicting information with the Embassy. I don't think they printed the visa yet because as you can see they've said consular final review before for the last several months when really it was that or AP. Also DHL updated us on the 24th this week so it probably isn't likely the visa is printed and about to be issued. If it was since the 6th of January that AP was finished we're in final review and like that person told someone else here it averages 10 days then we're already over that average.

Olivia Thank you so much for sharing that with us .

Last time we heard back from the embassy it was on Jan 12 .

Since my fiancee get her senator involved we did not hear back from the embassy nor from her senator .

I sent an Email to the embassy and another Email to the Consul General and i begged of them to tell us what's the heck is going on ?!!!

Hope that we all will hear good news soon .

Thanks for that information Hot Guy. I suspect that something happened governmental wise across the board that affected the immigration process for them all to stop communication for a week.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

hopefully tomorrow they will be able to answer our calls or even reply our mails .i am sure everyone of you feel the same like i do , the same sadness and the same anger . i am sure they are able to finish all those pending final review cases within one day because all documents in each case file is not more than 20 documents , so why does it take months to review them??

that's INSANE :angry:

Edited by disconnection

Timeline

what should every case file contain ?? let's remember together plz .....

1- copy of the marriage licence.

2- copy of the american citizen birth certificate.

3- the applicant's original birth certificate.

4- I-864 ( the affadavit of support).

5- I-130 or 1-129 form.

6- DS-3032 ( choice of address ).

7- copy of the applicant's military status form (if applicable).

and finally the approval of the name check from the FBI or whatever .

WHAT ELSE SHOULD ANY CASE FILE CONTAINS TO TAKE ALL THAT LONG TIME TO BE REVIEWED ??

Timeline

26th January From Congressman

No definitive answer yet as they have yet to hear from the Embassy. They are sending a second inquiry today.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

26th January Department of State

I selected menu options: #1, 4, 2, 3, 3, 0

I called at 12:17 pm Mountain Time and listened to all the menu options again since they changed the greeting but I did not get through to a visa specialists.

The greeting now says due to the crisis in Haiti we're experiencing a high number of calls and may not be able to process all calls that come through. The menu options stayed the same but with more detailed explanations. Such as the immigrant visa to enter the country is usually good for 6 months to travel and the person must use their visa within these 6 months. It also addressed that some countries are given an amount of visas available for those to enter the country and each person must wait their turn. That some countries receive a higher volume of applicants then they have visas available at a certain time. That the consular can not take someone out of turn for the visa issuance so that may be part of the reason for the delay with the Embassy in Cairo besides the AP checks in Washington or Egypt. Also they said we can get identical information at their website: http://travel.state.gov

I am looking at the website now and I see two links that concern us right now and that's the Haiti Earthquake Assistance and TSA Guidance on Heightened Security Measures.

I am not seeing where I can plug in our case number for information so I am thinking they meant that the identical information concerns the details they give in the menu options. I did find something interesting on the site that may be affecting us and that is Congress preparing and meeting on 1/20/2010 about the Christmas Attack and the state of visa issuance. The Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, and Bureau of Diplomatic Security are all involved in this meeting. So that is also what has everyone elses attention. From the article is says since the attack, "The Department of State has been matching new threat information with our records of existing visas since 2002."

Source: http://travel.state.gov/law/legal/testimon...imony_4635.html

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
26th January From Congressman

No definitive answer yet as they have yet to hear from the Embassy. They are sending a second inquiry today.

Flower , exactly the same happened to us today as my wife called her congressman again after a week of waiting his reply and he said that they didn't reply his inquiry yet and he's sending them another one .

there's something in mind and i wish it's the truth :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.