disconnection

CAIRO'S FINAL REVIEW CLUB

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Some embassies ''Including USA embassy in Cairo '' have link on their websites for pending cases .For people who are under AP so they can check their cases online .To see if they get outta AP or not .

So i tried to check on my case status online to see if there is any updates but that link did not work .i wonder why ?!!

So i asked you guys if anyone of you check on the case status !!!

They also have the website with the upcoming interviews. The last time it was updated was 12/13/09. I sent them a "gentle reminder" email that it needed to be updated and I got the standard thank you and we will be updating shortly email, and still not updated. :blink::blink:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
They also have the website with the upcoming interviews. The last time it was updated was 12/13/09. I sent them a "gentle reminder" email that it needed to be updated and I got the standard thank you and we will be updating shortly email, and still not updated. :blink::blink:

I have also emailed them in the past to update the interview schedule and got the same reply that they sent you. About a week or so after they send the email they usually update it. Why doesnt the embassy get extra employees since they always seem so busy and behind?

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline
well , let's hope that's the situation for you man .... when was the last time you checked it and it was working ??

thx bro :D

Never worked for me !!!

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Amman has this link too, but it's only for name checks in Washington. The Amman pending link doesn't work for internal embassy stuff; such as doc checks and investigations.

Email the embassy and ask if that link will work for you.

I hope it means that you are finished. Good luck to you!!

Well last time i called the embassy they guy there told me that a new AP just started on Jan 13 .i asked that if that new AP is in USA or in Egypt he says USA.so i guess it might be a name check !

I'm very confused .tomorrow i will hit the 10 months of waiting and still don't know what the heck is going on ?

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
(((Aya))) MashaAllah, I am so happy for you!! :dance: I hope everything from here on out will go smoothly for you, inshaAllah. Let us know when ya get the visa in hand and when you will be traveling.

As for the embassy pending link, well it's never worked for me. Has it worked for anyone else? I always get the same thing:

We were not able to identify Case # --CROXXXXXXXXXX, Please make sure you have entered your Case Number correctly.

I have tried it typing as the actual case number and also just the numbers. Nothing ever worked. So for those that it has worked for....what does it say exactly? Perhaps, ILNGT is right. It's only if your being checked in Washington?? IDK? Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

For us, it's supposedly going to be quite sometime before Ahmed gets visa in hand. I called the DOS last week and the lady I spoke to was rude and trying to rush me off the phone. Now I understand there are horrible things going on in the world, especially with the crisis in Haiti, but no need to be rude! Anyhow she was totally useless and wouldn't tell me when the AP started or if it was in Washington or the embassy level. She said it's going to take some time and that I should call back in about three months. Three Months!!!! I'm just going to call every other week and see how things go. Gonna write the embassy as well this week and see if they come up with the same three months BS.

Nancy had suggested I contact a senator although from what I have read, it sounds like all they can do is an inquiry for you. In other words, not much. Is this true? Has anyone here waiting contacted their senator and was it worth it?

Well you are 100% right .its not worth it at all .

First time my fiancee contacted her senator it was in May and the senator said that we are still under AP.

next time my fiancee contacted her senator and her congressman was in Sept and the senator told me fiancee that there will be a second interview for me on Sept 27 .

Last time my fiancee contacted her senator was 10 days ago and we didn't hear back from the senator .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Well last time i called the embassy they guy there told me that a new AP just started on Jan 13 .i asked that if that new AP is in USA or in Egypt he says USA.so i guess it might be a name check !

I'm very confused .tomorrow i will hit the 10 months of waiting and still don't know what the heck is going on ?

it sounds like you were under AP at the embassy level...where they verified your docs or became satisfied that you are bonafied. At that point it seems that the sent your case to the states for name verification.

Call DOS and ask them for the specifics. They can tell you if you are under the name checks in Washington or not.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline
it sounds like you were under AP at the embassy level...where they verified your docs or became satisfied that you are bonafied. At that point it seems that the sent your case to the states for name verification.

Call DOS and ask them for the specifics. They can tell you if you are under the name checks in Washington or not.

My fiancee called DOS last Friday and they told her that we are under AP.she asked them if its name check or if the embassy is doing their verification they said it does not say on their computer !!

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
My fiancee called DOS last Friday and they told her that we are under AP.she asked them if its name check or if the embassy is doing their verification they said it does not say on their computer !!

keep faith up and as we said before , they will issue your visa sooner or later and it's just a matter of time .

about the congressman and senator's issue ,hmmmm i guess it won't help when you are in AP as they can do nothing when it's name check or background check .. that is considered a national security issue that no one would or could help to fasten up or to neglect .

i am sure you know that and i am sure you know that there's something in yourname that makes them suspicious and that's why they are doing all that checks and checks and checks BUT at the last they will be sure that you are clear and you will have your visa :)

don't worry dude :thumbs:

Timeline
keep faith up and as we said before , they will issue your visa sooner or later and it's just a matter of time .

about the congressman and senator's issue ,hmmmm i guess it won't help when you are in AP as they can do nothing when it's name check or background check .. that is considered a national security issue that no one would or could help to fasten up or to neglect .

i am sure you know that and i am sure you know that there's something in yourname that makes them suspicious and that's why they are doing all that checks and checks and checks BUT at the last they will be sure that you are clear and you will have your visa :)

don't worry dude :thumbs:

I'm trying to hang in there .and i really hope that i will hear good news soon cause i really am sick of waiting .

AP is the hardest part of the journey .there is nothing more we can do .

I contacted everyone who can help us .I contacted the Consul General, Hillary Clinton , DOS, even the president.My fiancee contacted everyone as well .

I hope that we all will hear good news soon .

My best wishes for our soccer National team . :dance: Go Egypt Go Its your birthday :dance:

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
I'm trying to hang in there .and i really hope that i will hear good news soon cause i really am sick of waiting .

AP is the hardest part of the journey .there is nothing more we can do .

I contacted everyone who can help us .I contacted the Consul General, Hillary Clinton , DOS, even the president.My fiancee contacted everyone as well .

I hope that we all will hear good news soon .

My best wishes for our soccer National team . :dance: Go Egypt Go Its your birthday :dance:

embassy is working tomorrow and until thursday but they won't answer any calls because it's the last tuesday of the month , let's hope they will be working on one of our visas isA .

may God bless us and direct them to issue our visas within few days AMEN :)

Edited by disconnection

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I would have your fiance call again. I don't know why they told her that because they were able to tell me when I called. Sometimes the people on the other end of the immigration lines are less then helpful...

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline
this topic has been made especially for those who are in the final review step , and i only know 3 of them (aya&john) ,(nancy&ahmed) and I .plus Hot guy who is in his last days of AP isA to follow us to the final review .

let's hope this thread will stay alife until we all get our visas , and we hope we will have to know who else in the final review , lets share the news and keep our spirit high to pass over the waiting time which seems ENDLESS .

good luck for all of us and may God help us as he knows how much do we suffer .

do you remember the begining of the thread ?? i mentioned aya , nancy&ahmed , hot guy and I

now one of us is out of the list (aya) and cairo is on the list now . who's else on our list ??

i really wish the whole list will be done during february .

Timeline
do you remember the begining of the thread ?? i mentioned aya , nancy&ahmed , hot guy and I

now one of us is out of the list (aya) and cairo is on the list now . who's else on our list ??

i want to add Flower and 100% ahly fan to the list :)

so now we are 5 ,right?? anyone else ??

Timeline
embassy is working tomorrow and until thursday but they won't answer any calls because it's the last tuesday of the month , let's hope they will be working on one of our visas isA .

may God bless us and direct them to issue our visas within few days AMEN :)

Amen :thumbs:

I would have your fiance call again. I don't know why they told her that because they were able to tell me when I called. Sometimes the people on the other end of the immigration lines are less then helpful...

Yeah i will ask her to call them again and i hope that she will get through cause its really hard now cause of Haiti .

Hope that the embassy will keep the ball rolling and we all will hear good news soon .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hot Guy, i am just wondering are you planning on ur fiance coming back to egypt to see you, or perhaps getting married and filing a k3 or cr1 ?? you guys have been waitin so long, and only ever meeting once has to be hard. its got to be hard to maintain a relationship on so little face to face in so long. i wish you well.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.