disconnection

CAIRO'S FINAL REVIEW CLUB

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Some embassies ''Including USA embassy in Cairo '' have link on their websites for pending cases .For people who are under AP so they can check their cases online .To see if they get outta AP or not .

So i tried to check on my case status online to see if there is any updates but that link did not work .i wonder why ?!!

So i asked you guys if anyone of you check on the case status !!!

oh i didn't know such link exist , can you send me that link ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Aya that is wonderful news. Congratulations and let me know if you need help looking for a ticket. Immigrant visa pending cases can be checked on the Cairo embassy website. When you get to the main page click on visa and consular affairs, then click on immigrant visas and then u will see pending cases on the menu. Click on it and type your case number in to see your status. I emailed the embassy about it about 10 days ago and they said that it only works if your case is in administrative processing. So if your case is out of AP it wont be able to find your case in the system.

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline
oh i didn't know such link exist , can you send me that link ??

Pending cases

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Aya that is wonderful news. Congratulations and let me know if you need help looking for a ticket. Immigrant visa pending cases can be checked on the Cairo embassy website. When you get to the main page click on visa and consular affairs, then click on immigrant visas and then u will see pending cases on the menu. Click on it and type your case number in to see your status. I emailed the embassy about it about 10 days ago and they said that it only works if your case is in administrative processing. So if your case is out of AP it wont be able to find your case in the system.

Hmm Does that mean I'm outta AP ?!!

Cause i tried many times to check on my case status and it did not let me go through .

And the embassy says that we are under AP and the new AP stared on Jan 13 :pop:

Edited by Hot Guy

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats Aya!!! This was :dance:long awaited i am very happy for you! Jackie told me to post she is happy for you from her, she just left my house and is on her way home with her hubby!!! :dance::dance::dance:

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

Cause i tried many times to check on my case status and it did not let me go through .

well , let's hope that's the situation for you man .... when was the last time you checked it and it was working ??

thx bro :D

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you, Nancy!! :) I'll PM you if we need help! Thanks a lot!! (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Congrats Aya!!! This was :dance:long awaited i am very happy for you! Jackie told me to post she is happy for you from her, she just left my house and is on her way home with her hubby!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Thank you, Terrie!!! :D I was just trying to leave you a comment on your profile, my internet is too slow now it didn't let me :blush:

Awwww, Jackie!!! :luv: I'm sooo happy for her and Ibrahim!! :)

Thanks again Terrie and Jackie!! :luv:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

Thx Nancy and let's hope you will have some good mail soon :D

Timeline
Thank you, Terrie!!! :D I was just trying to leave you a comment on your profile, my internet is too slow now it didn't let me :blush:

Awwww, Jackie!!! :luv: I'm sooo happy for her and Ibrahim!! :)

Thanks again Terrie and Jackie!! :luv:

BTW , aya they say 2 weeks but they usually send it within one week so keep an eye on DHL as i expect you will get it before next monday :)

don't forget to tip the DHL guy when he's delivering it to you LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Amman has this link too, but it's only for name checks in Washington. The Amman pending link doesn't work for internal embassy stuff; such as doc checks and investigations.

Email the embassy and ask if that link will work for you.

I hope it means that you are finished. Good luck to you!!

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

congratolations aya wish u all da best in ur new life inshallah

Cr1 ( DCF ) Timeline:

Country of Beneficiary : Palestine

Country of Residence : Egypt

Consulate : Egypt

12-Jan-2010: I-130 Filed

12-Jan-2010: I-130 Approved

21-Jan-2010: Packet 3 received

23-Jan-2010: Medical Done

27-Jan-2010: Medical Sent

08-Feb-2010: Packet 4 received

07-Mar-2010: Interview date

10-Mar-2010: Visa issued!

15-Mar-2010: Visa in hand!!! Al Hamdo Lellah

Timeline

(((Aya))) MashaAllah, I am so happy for you!! :dance: I hope everything from here on out will go smoothly for you, inshaAllah. Let us know when ya get the visa in hand and when you will be traveling.

As for the embassy pending link, well it's never worked for me. Has it worked for anyone else? I always get the same thing:

We were not able to identify Case # --CROXXXXXXXXXX, Please make sure you have entered your Case Number correctly.

I have tried it typing as the actual case number and also just the numbers. Nothing ever worked. So for those that it has worked for....what does it say exactly? Perhaps, ILNGT is right. It's only if your being checked in Washington?? IDK? Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

For us, it's supposedly going to be quite sometime before Ahmed gets visa in hand. I called the DOS last week and the lady I spoke to was rude and trying to rush me off the phone. Now I understand there are horrible things going on in the world, especially with the crisis in Haiti, but no need to be rude! Anyhow she was totally useless and wouldn't tell me when the AP started or if it was in Washington or the embassy level. She said it's going to take some time and that I should call back in about three months. Three Months!!!! I'm just going to call every other week and see how things go. Gonna write the embassy as well this week and see if they come up with the same three months BS.

Nancy had suggested I contact a senator although from what I have read, it sounds like all they can do is an inquiry for you. In other words, not much. Is this true? Has anyone here waiting contacted their senator and was it worth it?

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
(((Aya))) MashaAllah, I am so happy for you!! :dance: I hope everything from here on out will go smoothly for you, inshaAllah. Let us know when ya get the visa in hand and when you will be traveling.

As for the embassy pending link, well it's never worked for me. Has it worked for anyone else? I always get the same thing:

We were not able to identify Case # --CROXXXXXXXXXX, Please make sure you have entered your Case Number correctly.

I have tried it typing as the actual case number and also just the numbers. Nothing ever worked. So for those that it has worked for....what does it say exactly? Perhaps, ILNGT is right. It's only if your being checked in Washington?? IDK? Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

For us, it's supposedly going to be quite sometime before Ahmed gets visa in hand. I called the DOS last week and the lady I spoke to was rude and trying to rush me off the phone. Now I understand there are horrible things going on in the world, especially with the crisis in Haiti, but no need to be rude! Anyhow she was totally useless and wouldn't tell me when the AP started or if it was in Washington or the embassy level. She said it's going to take some time and that I should call back in about three months. Three Months!!!! I'm just going to call every other week and see how things

go. Gonna write the embassy as well this week and see if they come up with the same three months BS.

Don't let that woman at DOS bother you. I've gotten some that are really rude and others who are very nice and helpful. I call DOS at least once a week.

What you get when you enter your number is what I got too. I had emailed the embassy and asked them if I was doing something wrong and they told me that the link was for Washington background checks and that my AP had nothing to do with Washington...now that was Amman.

Did the embassy give you any length of time? They had told us 4-6 months and it's now been 5 months. I hope that it doesn't go longer then six months. UGH!!

Hopefully you'll get good news soon!

Nancy had suggested I contact a senator although from what I have read, it sounds like all they can do is an inquiry for you. In other words, not much. Is this true? Has anyone here waiting contacted their senator and was it worth it?

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

HG that it just want the embassy told me about the "pending cases" link. It could be that it isnt working for any cases. You know how the embassy just writes back any kind of answer in replies. Originally I had assumed that it would only work for electronic filers. I would suggest that if anyone that calls the embassy this week could ask them if the link is working or not. As for me I called the embassy like 2 or 3 times before I finally got through to them and was told that my case has been out of AP as of Jan 21st and that the case is now in consular officer's final review. I asked how long it would take for the review to be finished and issued the visa and he replied that it should be about 10 days, but then as soon as I said "so my husband should receive his visa in 10 days?" he replied and said that is the average time and not exact. Isa this is good news and would recommend to anyone not getting clear answers through email to call the embassy directly.

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.