lostinlove03

NVC called me....WHAT??

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I called that number to see what happens and I got the following message;

"You've reached a non-working number at the US Department of State. Please check the number and try again. New Hamshire passport and Visa Center."

Don't know why any one would call you other than to get your personal information for identity theft. Hope you didn't give out your SS#.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
**I posted this under the state department and NVC but only got one reply**

Hello everyone,

I received a call from 603.334.9400 this afternoon and they asked if I had a spousal visa petition and I said, "No, I have a fiance visa petition." He then proceeded to ask about my fiances name / DOB and which service center our case was at. I asked him if our case was approved at the SC and its at the NVC. He said, that is what he is trying to figure out but thinks there maybe a mistake with the spelling in the name. I proceeded to provide my fiances info to him along with my e-mail address at his request.

I later on thought (WTH....this doesn't happen and I didn't get his name and he said if I had further questions I can call the 1-800 #). When I asked what he was trying to do, he said "we are working a different part of the case."

I came home and called the NVC and they dont have my case and they fwd me to a supervisor and she was very nice and looked through each system and was not able to find anything. WHATTTTTT????

I am soo confused. Has this happened to anyone before????

P.S. Our case is straight forward, neither of us ever married before, I've never petitioned for anyone else before.

OK Take it easy my friend.

1. Fact! NVC is complicated. I had two cases at NVC last month. I had many weird experiences with the NVC. I have found few "black holes" in their system.

For example: my wife's cases didn't have any delays. our baby's case was delayed because they though I was not a US Citizen but a Permanent Resident.

for our baby's I had to pay the $400 dollars IV Bill FIRST than the AOS Bill

2. The phone number you placed is an actually department of state number so I wouldn't worry too much about scams or fraud.

3. Here's the cherry on top of the cake. My wife case was complete on January 11 and I called today and NOW the AVR said that their are reviewing the DS230..........

bottom line:

Everything is possible at the NVC. Don't worry and keep us updated.

USCIS Journey

I-130 Filed: 04-01-2009

NOA1: 04-09-2009

I-130 Approved on Nov 19, 2009

NVC Journey Dec. 2009

Dec 4: wife's case was entered at NVC

Jan 08: Sing in failed......wow thanks GOD. Jan 11: CASE COMPLETE TOTAL TIME 24 BUSINESS DAYS OR 38 CALENDAR DAYS FOR CASE COMPLETE.

Feb 5: Interview date scheduled. Interview on March 23, 2010

Embassy Journey 1.0

March 23, 2010: Interview date. Wife placed on AP, Baby required new birth cert.

April 21, 2010: Wife out of AP she needs to get an approved I-212 from USCIS, Baby birth cert. issue resolved.

I-212 Waiver @ USCIS Journey

May 10, 2010: Filed form I-212

Sept. 9, 2010: I-212 Approved

Embassy Journey 2.0

Sept. 22, 2010 New Interview date.

Sept 22, 2010 VISA APPROVED.

Waiting for visa to arrive at Cali-Colombia.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
**I posted this under the state department and NVC but only got one reply**

Hello everyone,

I received a call from 603.334.9400 this afternoon and they asked if I had a spousal visa petition and I said, "No, I have a fiance visa petition." He then proceeded to ask about my fiances name / DOB and which service center our case was at. I asked him if our case was approved at the SC and its at the NVC. He said, that is what he is trying to figure out but thinks there maybe a mistake with the spelling in the name. I proceeded to provide my fiances info to him along with my e-mail address at his request.

I later on thought (WTH....this doesn't happen and I didn't get his name and he said if I had further questions I can call the 1-800 #). When I asked what he was trying to do, he said "we are working a different part of the case."

I came home and called the NVC and they dont have my case and they fwd me to a supervisor and she was very nice and looked through each system and was not able to find anything. WHATTTTTT????

I am soo confused. Has this happened to anyone before????

P.S. Our case is straight forward, neither of us ever married before, I've never petitioned for anyone else before.

The reply you got was from someone who recieved a call from the same number and has spoken to others here that got similar calls...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
That IS strange. I'm glad you didn't give them any more information than you did.

Not strange at all... in recent months they (someone in DoS or NVC) have called a few VJ members.. I know of at least half a dozen.. one must be polite when they call, but know that they should not give out stuff like ssn's etc... They are just calling to do an extra level of investigation... The questions vary by case..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

If your getting that it is a non-working department of state # it probably just means that its an outbound only line, that doesn't accept inbound calls. Used for contacting applicants without worrying about return calls flooding into the offices. Just a thought.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Oki. I have two missed calls from this # from this morning. I'm at work and was in a meeting. The call was exactly within an hour apart. I am sitting at my desk now---looking at my phone anxiously.

I will def. obtain all his information.

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My husband got a call but their number was not showing in our caller id. The guy said he is from Homeland Security. They asked if he was the husband and he said yes. They wanted to know if they could send some "paper" he told them they need to call back because i am not there.

I-129: 4/1/09

NOA1: 4/2/09

NOA2: 8/31/09

LEFT NVC: 9/4/09

Packet 3 SENT: 9/23/09

Packet 4: 10/12/09

Interview: 11/17/09

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Oki...I have answers.

After that I saw I had 2 missed calls--I held on to my phone for the rest of the day. He called me again mid-day. He was very nice, he verified all the questions I had for him. He basically knew every single detail of my life---which was kinda freaky but I guess that is the government. What they were confused on or didn't understand is they thought I am currently married. My older sister and I basically have the same name with a 3 letter differences and our SSN is all the same minus the last digit. She is married and in a different state but they were pulling both of our records and thought had a two identity thing going on. IDK!!!

He did ask---if anyone was not happy about our engagement and what my fiance did back home.

So...I appreciate everyone's reply and easing my mind through the last 24 hours. This site is truly a wonderful site with such great people!!! THANK YOU ALLL!!!!!!!!!! I hope I get an approval on Tuesday or sometime next week. :)

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

Oki...I have answers.

After that I saw I had 2 missed calls--I held on to my phone for the rest of the day. He called me again mid-day. He was very nice, he verified all the questions I had for him. He basically knew every single detail of my life---which was kinda freaky but I guess that is the government. What they were confused on or didn't understand is they thought I am currently married. My older sister and I basically have the same name with a 3 letter differences and our SSN is all the same minus the last digit. She is married and in a different state but they were pulling both of our records and thought had a two identity thing going on. IDK!!!

He did ask---if anyone was not happy about our engagement and what my fiance did back home.

So...I appreciate everyone's reply and easing my mind through the last 24 hours. This site is truly a wonderful site with such great people!!! THANK YOU ALLL!!!!!!!!!! I hope I get an approval on Tuesday or sometime next week. :)

Oh, thank goodness that's cleared up!!! Hopefully your approval will be coming aaaaaaany day now!!

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.