tany1157

marriage in casa

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

If you can get all the papers you need translated before you go that will save time. But i had a firend who get married last month. It took her 3 weeks. The courts were on strike for a few days. And have a lot of money for making things go faster. And maybe just maybe it will happen in 3 weeks. When my friend got married she was with a group that had been at it for 2 months. So really think this out and see if this is what you want to do. If this is your first visit it can be looked at as a red flag. Wish you luck

I am leaving feb. 28, and returning march 21. My boss could only give me 2 weeks at first, but told him the next day that I needed another week. They were great, but did have to sign a letter stating that I will be back to work on March 22, and NO LATER!

here are some pointers that will help you. get your fiancee to find out what exactly the kind of document you need. translation in morocco could take 24 to 48 hours but getting the document here is sometimes a pain. tell him to find someone with connections to help you get things done quickly. we both moroccan and we had to get several documents to be able to marry. I had to prove I am not married in usa and him in italy. both consulate italy and usa had to confirm that they agree and stamp our documents(divorce decree and marriage in usa in my case) before we left to morocco. that helps alot. my dad and his dad got all other documents needed from morocco on our behalf (birth certificate....). the doctors visit took us couple of hours because we had his brother in law there. we got married within 3 days. again just make sure you know what you need and be prepared. best of luck. :thumbs:

fati&simo

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I married in Casa last year. Just sent you a pm.

good morning! Several weeks back, Tanya was looking to get married in Casa in only three weeks. Somehow she managed to do it in 5 days. She was offered lots of advice by people that did it in 3 weeks, but I want to do what she did. I am curious about what advice you might offer. I can go now for 10 days and possibly go again in a month or so for another week or so. I have a lot of ends I am still trying to tie up for a much longer extended stay if I need to so that I will be able to stay until I have filed and received approval for the CR-1. But I really want to get married now and get this ball rolling. I have the list of documents that the embassy offers and their timeline. I am just seeking shortcuts now. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Am going to Fez later this month.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.