DeeBee

Tourist visas for Russians

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
My wife's daughter recently (in December) got a visitor visa and came to spend the holidays with us. She is an attractive, 23 year old, unmarried woman, and they didn't even ask her one question at the "interview". She does have a good job and owns property. The only thing I provided was a letter of invitation (not required). Now, she does have a good track record, as she has been to the U.S. three times previously with no problems. I would guess her good record may have been a big factor in how easy it was to obtain this most recent visa, although her previous interview (a year earlier) experience was about the same. BTW, she asked for (and paid for) and received a two year visa.

Track record, as you indicated, is huge. If the applicant has never left the RF, the interview is much more difficult and the interviewer may deny because he feels like it. But once they have a past visa to an EU country or, better yet, to the US, they usually won't deny without a reason or a past visa violation.

This is just my experience from memory. I have known several Russians that have been denied and several that go visas and travel history is probably the single largest dividing factor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.